Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt

Go down 
+5
Ludo
Farmer1906
ram_escandon
KingsOwn19
Primetyme199
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt Empty
PostSubject: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu wizard, Renzo Gracie has given his thoughts former UFC light heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans being awarded his black belt this past weekend and it appears that he’s not 100% behind the idea.

Speaking via GracieFighter.com, Renzo said:

“It was a recognition from Rolles that Rashad should compete in the highest categories of gi-less grappling competitions. In the Gi-less World Championships for example you cannot compete in the Blackbelt division no matter how long you've been grappling unless a certified instructor gives you a belt for that division.”

“Can I say that Rashad has worked his way up in the correct belt order with a gi? Of course not and I don't think as a pro fighter he will be doing gi tournaments anytime soon. I differentiate between gi and gi-less and apparently Rolles found him ready for the belt in gi-less. I don’t think you should give someone a belt in a locker room. Not sure if that was Rolles’ idea.”

Renzo will climb into the octagon himself for the first time on April 10th when he battles former long time welterweight champion, Matt Hughes at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 am

I'm happy to read this.

This is a total case of McDojo...and know Rashad won't fight in a gi or gi-less tourney. Glad Renzo called him out.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'm happy to read this.

This is a total case of McDojo...and know Rashad won't fight in a gi or gi-less tourney. Glad Renzo called him out.

It's spelled now
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:50 am

ram_escandon wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'm happy to read this.

It's spelled now

What Question
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:59 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'm happy to read this.

It's spelled now

Actually it's spelled know...As in "we know Rashad won't be competing in a gi or no gi tournament."
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Makes sense now that you've cleared that up.

It would be nice if everyone used proper punctuation, but it's a forum board, I know.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 pm

yea Rashad has never even thought of attempting a submission, he is def not blackbelt level in jiu jitsu.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:48 pm

ram_escandon wrote:

It's spelled now

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

I didn't wanna say anything, but this isn't the first blackbelt awarded at Jackson that has been called BS. I don't know if Diego had his awarded by Rolles or Jackson himself, but I know he threw it in the garbage when he left that camp and found a better BJJ coach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm

ram_escandon wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
I'm happy to read this.

It's spelled now

This is classic
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Now I know this thread is full of a bunch of suckpoops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt Mcdojo6ua
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 am

Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt Mcdojo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt   Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt Empty

Back to top Go down

Renzo Gracie comments on Rashad Evans earning his black belt
Page 1 of 1