Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm picking Rashad

Go down 
+15
acccardinal12
boomer sooner
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
SOKO
Cu Bu
Bigs03
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
MMAEYES
OU
josh200612
NoRegret
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:00 am

Watched him in his training for his fight and I gotta say, he looked damn good.

Rampage didnt look that phenomenal...his trainer said he was doing the best of his career but how the fuck would he know? rampage hasnt always trained with them and IMO rampage looked slow in his movements and striking when he was sparring.

I think Rashad wins this fight by TKO either in the late 2nd or early 3rd.
Back to top Go down

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:04 am

NoRegret wrote:

Rampage didnt look that phenomenal...his trainer said he was doing the best of his career but how the fuck would he know? rampage hasnt always trained with them and IMO rampage looked slow in his movements and striking when he was sparring.

You are probably right but I hope you are wrong.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:06 am

NoRegret wrote:

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:08 am

NoRegret want to make an AV bet on this?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah I wasn't to impressed with the 123 scream he's dead back to the 123 standup workout. But I think he just wanted to look mean in the show but it just mad him look like a very angry slow punching fighter. I'm still picking Page but I'm worried Rashad is just gonna pull a GSP and make this a wrestling match untill Page gets tired and win on points.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:15 am

I could see Shad sticking and moving his way to a decision but a TKO is a stretch.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:17 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Yeah I wasn't to impressed with the 123 scream he's dead back to the 123 standup workout. But I think he just wanted to look mean in the show but it just mad him look like a very angry slow punching fighter. I'm still picking Page but I'm worried Rashad is just gonna pull a GSP and make this a wrestling match untill Page gets tired and win on points.

but page has never been one to be outwrestled. and by wrestling, Shad will be giving up what many think to his biggest adv in this fight, and that is hand speed.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:19 am

the thing is rampage is going to catch him its not like page is gonna miss every single punch. rashad will get knocked on his ass and that is a promise Very Happy by the way rampage is on sportscenter right now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:25 am

This fight is a crapshoot for me. I've waffled on this fight significantly over the last year or so it's been scheduled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:26 am

rashad will not take page to the ground if he does it wont be for long. rashads training wont mean shit when he gets in the cage its different when guys dont let you take them down and they actually fight back page is way stronger than him and rashad wont back his words up cause he is a bitch. his ass got gassed with silva and his ass will get gassed with page and page will stalk him and knock his ass out.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:26 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This fight is a crapshoot for me. I've waffled on this fight significantly over the last year or so it's been scheduled.

me too, but im rolling with Page right now.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Rampage has been training hard too. Rampage is gonna catch him and put his ass to sleep
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:32 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Rampage has been training hard too. Rampage is gonna catch him and put his ass to sleep

+1 my thoughts exactly.

My only concern was Rampage being out of shape but that doesn't look like it will be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:33 pm

It's not as if Page can't go 3 rounds, dude has gone 5 and looked just fine doing it. I highly doubt conditioning will be an issue for either guy.

The difference in this fight is going to come down to who has the better chin. Page may have to take a few good shots to land one on Shad's chin but he'll find his target. Nappy time for Rashad.

I'm picking Rashad Rashad-evans-ko-by-machida
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Stanky leg remix
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:40 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

+1 my thoughts exactly.

My only concern was Rampage being out of shape but that doesn't look like it will be a problem.

I want what you and oggy want but I don't see where this training to hard was happening?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm

I believe Rampage when he says this is the most motivated he's ever been for any fight. You saw what happened when he got motivated to fight Wandy. I also believe him when he says he's in the best shape of his life. I think he's ready to put an end to all the talking and let everyone know that Rampage is still a force to be reckoned with in that division.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I believe Rampage when he says this is the most motivated he's ever been for any fight. You saw what happened when he got motivated to fight Wandy. I also believe him when he says he's in the best shape of his life. I think he's ready to put an end to all the talking and let everyone know that Rampage is still a force to be reckoned with in that division.

God I hope your right Oggy
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:13 pm

oggy420 wrote:

yo oggs he was motivated for wandy but those fights between the two are pretty much brawl and the shot he caught wandy with could have easily been him. I believe wandy had one coming rampages way but was wide while pages hit flush. Point is page can put anyone to sleep at 205 if he hits a sweet spot, motivation has little to do with it. I pick page but would not be suprised if shad boxes with angles and when page engages takes page down for points and takes a decision. I am hoping one time in the 3 rd bout page lands a hendo on him.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:16 pm

You can't count Rashad out, i know this. Im excited to see what his gameplan is. If he does decide to exchange i just dont think he'll be conscious for very long, if he uses his wrestling and mixes it up that could be big for him though.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm

hope shad gets laid out but had to pick him on my fantasy via speed and running backwards winning a dec.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

well shad is the more atheletic of the two so by the thought process that one will win on black atheleticness shad has both blackness and atheleticness on his side whereas page is just black
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
well shad is the more atheletic of the two so by the thought process that one will win on black atheleticness shad has both blackness and atheleticness on his side whereas page is just blacker

Changed for emphasis Wink , and not to be underestimated. Me, I Think Page is better fighter too. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Thats good. I'm stlll picking Page.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:26 pm

oggy420 wrote:
You can't count Rashad out, i know this. Im excited to see what his gameplan is. If he does decide to exchange i just dont think he'll be conscious for very long, if he uses his wrestling and mixes it up that could be big for him though.

I seen Rashad was working alot on his takedowns and grappling in his training vid that I watched of him.

I think his gameplan is to wear Page down on the ground a coupld rounds and then bang with him the last round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm picking Rashad Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm picking Rashad   I'm picking Rashad Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm picking Rashad
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next