Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cant believe so many people are picking Mir

Go down 
+8
OU
bobbitt15
r3dman7630
SOKO
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
Subzero1983
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

Cant believe so many people are picking Mir Empty
PostSubject: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:21 am

This is such an easy fight for Crocop.Look at both of there strengths and weaknesses.Mir has ok Striking,but nothing for Crocops stand up.He not only has a weak chin,but seems to wilt whenever he starts getting hit.He also has shitty wrestling and no way to take Mirko down unless Crocop slips on a banana peel or something.I will be suprised if this gets out of the first rd
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:09 am

We can stop pretending that the Cro Cop of now and the Cro Cop of Pride are the same any time now.
Back to top Go down
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:51 am

LudoCain wrote:
We can stop pretending that the Cro Cop of now and the Cro Cop of Pride are the same any time now.

I know he isnt near as good as he used to be,but it doesnt matter.He still lasted 4 rds with JDS(Mir wouldnt last 1 min)OutStruck Pat Barry and yea he got crushed by GG,but only cuz he got taken down and beaten for a few mins.Mir isnt going to be able to take Crocop down and he has no chance standing.Mir is the most overated figther in the history of MMA
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 am

We can stop pretending Mir beat the Nog of Pride. He has an overhand right from hell over Kongo to his name, that's it. CC via murder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

Cro Cop was outstruck by Pat Barry until Barry broke his hand and his foot. Let's not change history there. As for this fight, I think Mir clinches with Cro Cop. Gets him down. Submits him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 am

Pat Barry was busy winning San Shou and Kung Fu tournaments in China while Mir was barely out striking Wes Sims. The guy has absolutely legit striking creds. Frank Mir has never been close to that level. Let's not change history there.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
We can stop pretending Mir beat the Nog of Pride. He has an overhand right from hell over Kongo to his name, that's it. CC via murder.

your on wolf. Mir takes him down and submits him in the first. Once mir feels a few of CC strikes he is taking him down guarenteed. dont get me wrong im rooting for CC but lets be real. CC of old is long gone and Mir is much better now.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 am

Mir is to smart to stand with him...agree hes gonna go for the sub. sad that CC is def not CC of old but wouldnt be suprised if he still has a patented kick to the dome for Mir. ha
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:20 am

poor wolf is so delusional on this one. sorry wolf just being real its 2010 my friend.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Pat Barry was busy winning San Shou and Kung Fu tournaments in China while Mir was barely out striking Wes Sims. The guy has absolutely legit striking creds. Frank Mir has never been close to that level. Let's not change history there.
I was just talking about subzero saying that Cro Cop was outstriking Pat Barry. I didn't that Frank Mir was on a striking level with Cro Cop. I said he'd take him down and submit him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:40 pm

I can't believe so many are picking an old washed up Cro Cop who's not had one impressive performance since joining the UFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I will be dropping Frank Mir from my top 10 after this fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:08 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I will be dropping Frank Mir from my top 10 after this fight

I think Frank might be dropping himself after this.....to LHW.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Pat Barry fight very impressive resolve and come from behind. CC literally felt sorry for Perosh during that one sided beat down. Everyone gets lost on Al Turk playin ouch my eye and forgets CC had already dropped him and was just finishing the job. CC smashed him as well. CC landed hard lefts and stood tall with Dos Santos until his orbital was broken late.

CC's OMGFG HORRIBLE TERRIBLE octagon performances are over-stated.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 pm

^ confused I mean fuck I am a big CC fan but its 2010 wolf its time to except the fact that CC has become soft and has lost his killer instinct and that mir is a top 10 HW
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Since joining the UFC he has been 6-3-1 overall, and 4-3 in the UFC.

He was winning the Kongo fight until the horrendous and repeated knees to the groin that should have resulted in a point being taken. He only looked especially horrible in one UFC fight.

When has CC ever been vulnerable to submissions? All these people saying Mir will sub him are delusional. Mir is the most overrated submission fighter in MMA.

There are match up nightmares, then there are fights like these. Even if CC was especially washed up he'd still likely KO Mir.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah given these 2 fighters I'm totally baffled by the Mir takedown and then subsequent submission win in the 1st round predictions. So all of a sudden a guy who can't wrestle is going to take down and sub CroCop?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Ya, weird isn't it? No one would pick Babalu or Lil Nog to sub Chuck Liddell now all of a sudden. Why this?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 pm

I think this is a pretty tough fight to call. It depends on who executes their game plan first. If Mir can take Cro Cop down, Cro Cop could be in a world of hurt. If Cro Cop gets off standing, Mir might not wake up for a month.

There's only one given here... Wolf hates Mir and Lesnar so much that he'd likely try to argue Joey Beltran over either before he'd ever think of giving them any real credit... In the months leading up to their rematch, Wolf must have gone through a case of Exedrin Migraine formula...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Naw, I predicted Brock would crush him as he did. I'm 100% objective when everyone else sees "UFC champion..." in the name and tosses free thought out the window. I will be vindicated entirely in two years, but mostly in the next two months.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 pm

My opinion wouldn't mean much on the subject considering I hate Brock and really don't care for Mir. So saying that Wolfy is pretty much right on both won't mean much to most of you lol
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 pm

My point in My post was simply that predicting this to be a one sided beatdown start to finish ending in the first round with Cro Cop doing all the damage is laughable at this stage in his career. Frank Mir isn't a striking juggernaut, this is true, But he's not Anthony Perosh or Mustapha Al Turk either. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility or even probability that Cro Cop outstrikes Mir and ends it with a KO. On the flip side I wouldn't be surprised to see Mir land a miracle shot and put Cro Cop down either. This matchup is closer than alot of you would like to make it seem. Mirko isn't the same man, and that is part of what makes this something the matchmakers would even consider making.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I've got Mir here, and not necessarily by submission.

All of Cro cop's wins in the UFC have been against realtively soft comp. Al Turk? Perosh? Sanchez? Barry is his best win and that dude is totally unproven at this level.

I mean we can put asterik's next to Mir's recent win's, but at least they are credible fighters..
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 am

Cro cop inflicted the most damage on Dos Santos anyone has, just going along with Capt. writing off Cro cop's wins.

This simply looks like a horrible matchup for Mir.

Is Mir going to outstrike Cro cop all of a sudden? Definetely not, we're talking about one the the best strikers in MMA history vs. a guy who seems to think he can strike all of a sudden and has a miracle drop of Kongo to his name.

Mir certianly has the BJJ to sub Mirko, but he also has historically a horrible shot, he's just not a very solid wrestler, pair this against Mirko's superb takedown defense, some of the best alltime in MMA, good luck getting Mirko down Frank.

To me, and I maybe alone in this, this has vintage headkick KO written all over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 am

Mir wins in the 1st rd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant believe so many people are picking Mir   Cant believe so many people are picking Mir Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant believe so many people are picking Mir
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next