Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens

Go down 
+4
kbyte
KrazyHorseBennett
dmar5143
Ring
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens Empty
PostSubject: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Pactards & Flomos, PEDs testing, lawsuits, et al, have totally destroyed any interest i'd have in this fight, take yer "fight of the century" and $100 million PPV, and shove it, anybody with me on this?

Last edited by Ring on Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:41 pm

there are many times i feel the same way with similar thoughts...its a constant non stop no letup and barrage of BS galor from all sides indeed...in the meanwhile there are several excellent fights coming up without that nonsence..lets enjoy the dozen or so that are already signed sealed and ready to go....a few of these fights will be better than this one..
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:47 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
there are many times i feel the same way with similar thoughts...its a constant non stop no letup and barrage of BS galor from all sides indeed...in the meanwhile there are several excellent fights coming up without that nonsence..lets enjoy the dozen or so that are already signed sealed and ready to go....a few of these fights will be better than this one..

Right dmar, I'm just sick of all the bullshit, and there's lots of other fights in the works that i'd just as soon see.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:47 pm

It's "couldn't care less".

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:54 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:

Thank you for the correction sir, sometimes it's hard to tell that I finished 5 years at a university in 1972. Arrow
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:

Thank you for the correction sir, sometimes it's hard to tell that I finished 5 years at a university in 1972. Arrow

No offense intended.

And I thought I was one of the older farts around here, other than Marble. Thanks for making me feel younger. lol!
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:03 pm

nawww you and marble are still kids yet krazy horse..i was the timekeeper at the sullivan -corbett fight..
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:17 pm

I agree. Its getting really tiresome now. I mean why aren't they even in talks right now or talking about starting talks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:19 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
nawww you and marble are still kids yet krazy horse..i was the timekeeper at the sullivan -corbett fight..
Over at ESPN I thought I was old with the level of conversation that occurred. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Ring wrote:
Pactards & Flomos, PEDs testing, lawsuits, et al, have totally destroyed any interest i'd have in this fight, take yer "fight of the century" and $100 million PPV, and shove it, anybody with me on this?
I still want to see it. I just ignore all the BS. I have never discussed the PED issue with anyone so that helps as well.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Ring wrote:
Ring, I'm sick of the BS too, but here's my problem. If think if they fight, they're going to war. I could be wrong, but I think Pacquiao's speed will force Mayweather into a punch for punch fight. If that happens, all of this will be forgotten. But for right now, the two of them are nothing but a big pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:52 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Ring wrote:
Ring, I'm sick of the BS too, but here's my problem. If think if they fight, they're going to war. I could be wrong, but I think Pacquiao's speed will force Mayweather into a punch for punch fight. If that happens, all of this will be forgotten. But for right now, the two of them are nothing but a big pain in the ass.

I'm sure it would be a good fight Frank, (if it happens) they'll both will be bringing it, but like I said, at this point I don't fucking care, when they both sign a contract and the fight is on, let the war of words begin.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm sick of hearing about it too.
Back to top Go down
Joel_A

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm

The problem is, Pac and Floyd are so far and above everyone else that everything else really pales in comparison.

I mean there are great possible fights out there besides these two...

Juanma-Gamboa
Williams-Martinez II
Bradley-Alexander
Khan-Maidana
Floyd-Martinez
Pac-JMM III

I'm sure there are a couple more and they are all excellent, but nowhere near the magnitude of Pac-Floyd. What other match out there can even sniff 1 million PPV buys?
It is just the way it is at the moment, and it is really frustrating that they cannot make it happen. Personally I don't think it'll ever happen and if they both decide to retire now, I think it'd be better for boxing, overall. This way we get to focus on the other potential fights without all the hoopla.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:39 am

Ring wrote:

I kinda feel the same way but we both want to see it for real.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptySat May 22, 2010 12:54 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Ring wrote:

I kinda feel the same way but we both want to see it for real.

Sure i'd like to see it, but I can live without it just fine, and I can honestly say that to me this fight simply isn't that big of a deal, and it's really not worth all the attention it's getting.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:01 am

agreed..especialy since most of the attention is negative stuff..boxing has enough problems with 80 plus soo called champs champs in recess inter champ diamond champ 714 different divisions and a commision on every street corner..this negative press for this fight or so called possible fight just not only adds to it .it brings into focus other problems as mentioned ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens   I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens Empty

Back to top Go down

I couldn't care less if Pac-PBF never happens
Page 1 of 1