Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSP training w/ Roach

Go down 
+7
ohiovol62
Ludo
Bigs03
LA
timthebim
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

GSP training w/ Roach Empty
PostSubject: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:48 pm

UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre broke the news that he will be spending some quality time with world renowned boxing trainer Freddie Roach in the very near future.

"Rush" told Jim Rome on his nationally syndicated radio show that he will be flying to California today to begin training at Roach's Wildcard Gym in Hollywood.

This will certainly not be the first time Roach has helped MMA fighters fine tune their "sweet science" repertoir. Anderson Silva, Andrei Arlovski, Gegard Mousasi, and Dan Hardy have all trained under his watchful eye in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Where does Freddie find the energy ? He's 50 years old and suffers from Parkinson's, yet Freddie is able to train one the pound 4 pound best fighters in boxing and help mixed martial artists improve their boxing skills. If he was British he'd already have a knighthood.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Does this mean GSP is planning on throwing some punches in one of his future fights?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:07 pm

He should train GSP to duck so he dont end up like AA LOL.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:28 am

Does this mean GSP is going to lose now? it seems every MMA fighter, other than Anderson who already had sick striking, that trains with Roach loses their next fight.

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Fri May 21, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:01 am

He's not gonna take a chance standing with Koscheck, no way in hell. He's gonna take Kos down immediately and keep it there. Kos has KO power, why should he stand with him???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:08 am

Bigs03 wrote:
He's not gonna take a chance standing with Koscheck, no way in hell. He's gonna take Kos down immediately and keep it there. Kos has KO power, why should he stand with him???

George wants to make a statement, he's not been impressed with being unable to finish Hardy and Thiago.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:10 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

George wants to make a statement, he's not been impressed with being unable to finish Hardy and Thiago.

Are you saying that he's not impressed with his performance???
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:55 am

I sure wasn't. I won't believe that he will honestly try to finish a fight and do what it takes to do it until I see it for Myself. He said the same thing after Thiago and said he was going to make a point to finish Hardy, and we all saw how that went. I'm glad to see though that he doesn't get defensive like some other fighters do when they're performance is criticized by the fans. If nothing else he has a great attitude and a drive to constantly improve. However I just won't put stock in him saying that until he does it.

I have been very critical of GSP for a while now. Even bumping him below Jose Aldo in My P4P rankings because he doesn't finish anymore. But if he finishes Koscheck I will eat every ounce of crow and immediately put him back in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:52 am

GSP is never going to put himself in harms way again.

After what happened with Serra, he is never going to risk standing with anyone with power.

Makes for less interesting fights but thats the Jackson way isn't it? Score takedowns, rack up points, get decisions. Rashad has made a living from this shit.

I will say that I think GSP tries to end fights and always tries to improve his postion on the ground, he just doesn't.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:22 am

ohiovol62 wrote:

And why should he? I can't stand GSP but I still don't get why some hate on him for taking a guy down and dominating him. When your as good at wrestling as him why let anyone touch you?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:54 am

MMAEYES wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

And why should he? I can't stand GSP but I still don't get why some hate on him for taking a guy down and dominating him. When your as good at wrestling as him why let anyone touch you?

Some people just don't like him so they find something to bitch about. I think it's important to point out the differences of what GSP does on the ground and what guys like Sonnen and Fitch do on the ground. Sonnen and Fitch go into fights with no intention in trying to finish them. They've both made a living out of decisioning people and winning via octagon control.

I think GSP tries to end fights with his subs and G n P and is just unable to do so. It's relivant to the P 4 P discussion so I think he's trying to end fights. If I'm not mistaken, Hardy hasn't been finished in years, same with Alves and Fitch so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:02 am

I agree Ohiovol62
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:48 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

i think you meant to say

I e m knowt empresstt weet yarh pur 4 mants
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:31 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:42 pm

i hope he starts to exchange a little more. Either that or start submitting guys but i getting tired of 5 rounds of non-stop takedowns on his way to a decision.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:52 am

GSP training w/ Roach Gsproa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP training w/ Roach   GSP training w/ Roach Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP training w/ Roach
Page 1 of 1