Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS

Go down 
+5
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
LA
marbleheadmaui
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:18 pm

I'll be the guy who says Tyson should go in there somewhere. Him not even being on the honorable mention for #25 list seems questionable.

I've thought Evander was over-hyped at heavy and am not too familiar with what he did at cruiser...how dominant was he? What did he accomplish for him to be that high?

How close was Pac to getting the #1 spot?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Holyfield= Greatest cruiser of all-time. Beat two of the best in that division's history in Carlos DeLeon and Dwight Qawi.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Gumby wrote:
I'll be the guy who says Tyson should go in there somewhere. Him not even being on the honorable mention for #25 list seems questionable.

I've thought Evander was over-hyped at heavy and am not too familiar with what he did at cruiser...how dominant was he? What did he accomplish for him to be that high?

beat the undisputed champion Dwight Muhammad Qawi in his 13th pro fight then destroyed another great in DeLeon, then went to Heavy and has wins over Larry Holmes, George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Michael Moorer, Riddick Bowe, Bobby Czyz, Mercer, and Dokes
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Gumby wrote:

Tyson could get a spot I suppose. Evander was without question the greatest cruiser we have yet had. He beat the next guy DeLeon badly and also got rid of ATG DM Qawi.

Manny? he needs 3-4 more big wins to take the #1 spot in my view.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:56 pm

hey marble nice to see you..exc ellent list and i like the qualifier that the first fight had to be no later than 1985..it should a nice variety of excellent to great fighters including some of the honorable mention.without getting into who should rank where ill say sweet pea was the best of that fine lot.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:24 am

i think theres always room for mike tyson in the honorable mention for sure.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:09 am

if you are going strictly by accomplishments in the ring then i think your list is pretty good. i cant really argue with it too much. the only one that i would really disagree with would be ricardo lopez. i think that he should probably be around 10-15 but i know how much you love him so i wont hold it against you.

p.s. glad to have you here!
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:51 am

Welcome to the board Marble. It's good to have you here.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:58 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
if you are going strictly by accomplishments in the ring then i think your list is pretty good. i cant really argue with it too much. the only one that i would really disagree with would be ricardo lopez. i think that he should probably be around 10-15 but i know how much you love him so i wont hold it against you.

p.s. glad to have you here!

Like I said, I'm not sure I have the capacity to be truly objective with regards to Finito.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I would personally not put Evander nearly that high. Great fighter, but more like 20-25. Despite Pac still being active, I would already put him in the top 5, and could understand others rating him #1. What he has done is amazing.

I won't commented any further on the topic because I don't really do the p4p thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS   THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

THE TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25 YEARS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2