Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator 17 (results included)

Go down 
+7
Primetyme199
Wolfgangsta
r3dman7630
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Bellator 17 (results included) Empty
PostSubject: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Wow, Curran takes out Huerta tonight. Big shakeup in the LW division

Alvarez dispatches Neer with a RNC in the 2nd

Imada wins by sub to move on
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:44 pm

god dam it i was gonna type it isnt on here yet thinking i could avoid something major by scrolling down and typing this

FUCK
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Yeah im watching them right now pretty good fights.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:14 am

Curran-Huerta was a very close fight. I don't know. I think Huerta clearly won a round and two were pretty even. I kind of thought Huerta should of won the decision but it was close..i can stand to watch it again. Curran was landing a lot of knees and front kicks to Heurta's body, and seemed to be winning the exhanges they had. The grappling side was pretty even with both getting a takedown and not doing much with it....good fight.

Break out Pat Curran though, only 22 years old and brutally KO'd a undefeated prospect that GSP was touting as the next big thing at LW and a win over Roger Huerta who was supposed burn through all these Bellator nobodies.

Alvarez destroyed Neer. Obviously i expected him to win, but i did not expect him to completely dismantle Neer and then choke him out cold. Neer is no joke and has given competitive fights to everybody. He got the shit kicked out of him tonight and outclassed everywhere. I didnt expect to have any higher of an opinion of Alvarez after a fight with Josh Neer but the guy is a beast.

Cole Konrad fight sucked. I felt like i was watching a lousy TuF: Heavyweights fight there. Konrad does have potential though.

Imada is the shit. I hope Curran beats him though. I don't think Imada-Alvarez II has anything to offer and i want to see Curran continue his march.

Bellator is fuckin awesome.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:38 am

guess (results included) ment i shouldnt have read it hahaha. On last out here but still sum good shit! Huerta fight jus ended....wow!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:59 am

Yeah i was alittle surprised by Neers performance also. He was handled rather easily.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:02 am

Alvarez is the real deal. He actually has a good style to come into the UFC and be competitive. I agree with Kings that as much as I like Imada, another fight with Alvarez doesn't really mean much to me so I'm kind of rooting for Curran to take him out
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:04 am

Imada just won what have i missed?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:05 am

how did Varner do before the armbar
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:07 am

WOOOh

Huerta Curran coming up, I know the outcome but glad get to see it, bet we see Huerta on a bellator card soon

Someone mentioned eddie alvaresz, I am hihg on him too, i got him in my top 20 p4p
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:10 am

cant wait to see Fujii
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:22 am

Eddie really needed this impressive win. People should start demanding for a Gilbert Melendez Eddie Alvarez fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:24 am

He got the impressive win and surprised me he handled Neer and made it look easy. Him and Melendez would be a great fight.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:14 am

Cole looked like shit imo.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:16 am

Eddie would be SF Champ if that happened
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:18 am

I can't make up my mind if Eddie is just better than I thought before or Neer really underestimated him. It looked like Neer wasn't even defending the guard passes or the passes to mount. Either way I still don't think Eddie makes any kind of real splash in the ufc if he ever goes there. I would however love to see him fight Gil
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:20 am

Neer's always had sub trouble

I actually think of all LWs outside the UFC Eddie would fair the best, not saying he'd be Champ, but he'd be very competitive.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:34 am

Quote :
Either way I still don't think Eddie makes any kind of real splash in the ufc if he ever goes there.

Why is that? Eddie Alvarez would wreck clowns like Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar imo.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:36 am

I got to disagree there bro, they'd be good fights, but I'd take those 3 guys over him
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:38 am

didn't see the Huerta fight. That's very disappointing. Alvarez looked good though.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:58 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
Either way I still don't think Eddie makes any kind of real splash in the ufc if he ever goes there.

Why is that? Eddie Alvarez would wreck clowns like Kenny Florian, Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar imo.

We just have deferent opinions cause not only do I think the guys you listed would beat Eddie but I would also take Tyson, Clay, Nate, Jim Miller, Sherk to beat him too
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:56 pm

1)I thought Vaner looked good but visibly tired after the slam. Imada is VERY entertaining submission fighter.

2)I had Curran winning the 1st and 3rd rds. Huerta pressed but didn't through that many punches and rarely connected. His hands looked very average in this fight.

3)Neer wanted to brawl, Eddie said he'd brawl, but didn't. I think Neer's length was giving Alvarez problems in the standup. Alvarez looked pretty short armed. His wrestling looked good but I think Neer was not mentally into a ground affair.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
1)I thought Vaner looked good but visibly tired after the slam. Imada is VERY entertaining submission fighter.

2)I had Curran winning the 1st and 3rd rds. Huerta pressed but didn't through that many punches and rarely connected. His hands looked very average in this fight.

3)Neer wanted to brawl, Eddie said he'd brawl, but didn't. I think Neer's length was giving Alvarez problems in the standup. Alvarez looked pretty short armed. His wrestling looked good but I think Neer was not mentally into a ground affair.

Agreed. I didn't see the Imada fight so I can't comment on that but on 2 and 3 I def agree. I feel like Huerta tried to do just enough to win and it screwed him. I think he thought he was doing enough to win and just hung back and lost because of it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Cole Konrad sucks by the way and doesn't have a great takedown game. He rarely used takedowns in his wrestling career.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Cole Konrad sucks by the way and doesn't have a great takedown game. He rarely used takedowns in his wrestling career.

You know I was trying to forget that horrible fight. Yeah Konrad sucks bad if that guy spars with Brock it can't be helping Brock improve at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator 17 (results included)   Bellator 17 (results included) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator 17 (results included)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next