Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor vs Werdum is ON

Go down 
+14
Ludo
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
LA
r3dman7630
LTFG
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
67Shelby05
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
oggy420
ohiovol62
Farmer1906
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Fedor vs Werdum is ON Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:28 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/4/1457488/fedor-returns-will-face-fabricio

After months of anticipation, the world's No. 1 heavyweight and pound-for-pound Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter, Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko (31-1), will make his eagerly awaited return to the cage to face two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion and top-ranked superstar Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum (13-4) in a STRIKEFORCE and M-1 GLOBAL co-promoted event at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. on Saturday, June 26, live on SHOWTIME at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

The Fedor-Werdum match will headline an event which will feature up to five televised fights on SHOWTIME and several non-televised undercard bouts that will be announced in the coming weeks.

A special pre-sale ticket purchase opportunity for the event will take place for "STRIKEFORCE Insider" e-newsletter subscribers from 10 a.m. PT Monday, May 10, until 10 p.m. PT on Thursday, May 13.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:35 am

Cool. Bet they wished they would've got it done for the CBS show though.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

i need my fedor fix!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:51 am

oggy420 wrote:
i need my fedor fix!

Yeah it's been to long
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:53 am

MMAEYES wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
i need my fedor fix!

Yeah it's been to long

Too long
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:24 pm

1 Down, 1 to go!
Back to top Go down
67Shelby05
White Belt
White Belt
67Shelby05

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Crocop

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:31 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
i need my fedor fix!

Yeah it's been to long

Too long

Yes! I agree with all of you! I can't wait! So fucking stoked about this one.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Now does anyone give Werdum any shot at all? I don't. I'd be more excited to see them in a pure grappling match than this. Fedor has better stand up and will dictate where this fight goes with his sambo. Even if it does goto the ground where Werdum has better subs, Fedor's GnP will kill Werdum.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:40 pm

This fight is going to be almost as exciting as Curling tournement or a debate between the Mayor's of Dumbshit, USA and Fuckwad, USA. I can see Lennon, Jr now "in the red corner a man who stands no chance in Hell of winning this fight! And in this corner, the man who always wins!"

Frank Shamrock "It looksh like Werdum is already wchetting himshelf, ash hish corner preparesh to throw in the towel."

Are you guys really that excited? Really?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm more excited about this then I would be about no fight happening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

In the last 2 years. Fedor has fought more top ranked HWs than any other HW. Your argument is dated Drew.

Brock has done nothing for a year.

Carwin as done a little more than Brock.

Cain beat Nog. Wonder who's done that before?

Weak argument. If you think Fedor fights cans, fine, find someone with a better resume in the last year or so. The only guy with a beef I can think of is JDS, and he's mainly mopped up mid level competition
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:05 pm

When was the last time Fedor beat Nog? And don't give me this dated shit. You are a fan and have little to no perspective when it comes to your guy(s). I know, because as a fan of Randy I have a skewed view of his abilities. Same With Kenflo. But I acknowledge that with myself, before I make my arguments, so I don't sound like a complete retard. Besides, in what part of my argument am I wrong about Fedor fighting Werdum? Does anyone really think Fabricio stands more than a 1% chance of beating Fedor? If so I would love to hear the argument for this.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:20 pm

He beat Nog when he actually mattered.

Brock and lil Brock share the same key win, Mur.

Mur would have no standing as an elite HW if Brock hadn't got tired and stood up in their first fight. He got KTFO by a scrub like Vera. You say AA has a glass chin but atleast he gets KO'd by fighters with serious power. Vera? Come on. People forget that.

And it is dated, because I wouldn't argue with you if it was 2007 and Fedor was fighting HMC.

Fedor's last 3 have been against top 5 HWs Barnett would have been 4.

Grim was ranked higher than Carwin is before he fought Fedor.

You say I'm biased, cuz I am. You are too. You can't resist bashing Fedor every chance you get.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Still love ya though Drew. Nice to see you smile in your pic. Drafted pretty good this year. Feeling ok?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm

I'm with Andrew... At least in the matter of not getting too excited about this fight. It'll be good to see Fedor in action... It's just too bad that it's against Werdum who has little to no chance of even being competitive in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:03 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Still love ya though Drew. Nice to see you smile in your pic. Drafted pretty good this year. Feeling ok?

Love you too Ohio. Am I happy with the draft? Yeah. I can't believe we didn't fuck it up, which we have normally done the last 10 years. However, I question the validity and have questioned the validity of the Sherdog rankings of that time, particularly where Sylvia was. you know what I question them now too! They suck at rankings. I mean Aoki was #2 for a long time and he got schooled.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Werdum is as dangerous as they come on the ground. That said Fedor by brutal ko. Is this the fight i want to see Fedor in? No. But at least im getting the chance to see the greatest mixed martial artist in the world compete again. Between how screwed up M1 and SF are i feel lucky that we get to see him fight at all. After he beats Werdum, Overeem is probably next and that is a very exciting fight if you ask me. Then maybe Josh Barnett if he can get his shit together.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm

hyped for the fight no matter who he fights...its the fact that he gonna punch a hole thru who ever he fights. At this point who ever you throw at him he is gonna walk thru them.....
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Don't know how they could've ranked Timmy any different based on the time. Just coming off a title fight with a top 3 guy at the time in Nog. A fight that he controlled the entire time until Nog did what Nog does.

As far as Aoki is concerned, I agree with you. He looked bad. But surly you can concede that it's hard to rank LWs right now. There's good ones in Japan, UFC and SF. I've said Gil was a boarderline top 5 LW for a while now, and he wasn't even a top 10 guy until recently.

As far as rankings in general, they're flawed. But we don't have much to go on. MMA rankings are no better or worse than in college football and basketball. And the rankings this board comes up with are just about the same as sherdog and yahoo's.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Complete massacre, 1st rd KO for Fedor, Fedor is such a horrible matchup for Werdum.

1 fight left after this then please sign with the UFC, complete the circle
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I agree with LA, but until he or M-1 has a change of heart or how money/Promotions really operate, they may not come. I don't see him being nearly as successful in the UFC as he has in past promotions, but I could be wrong. And as for my alleged Fedor hating? I don't hate him,my feelings towards him are based on the old adage of "What have you done for me lately?" It might not seem fair, but life isn't fair. The only thing in sports that gets a pass from me is the Oakland Raiders and I am well aware that we suck and have sucked since we won the AFC Championship in 2003.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:51 pm

As long Reem knocks out Rogers so we get to see Fedor/Reem before the contract is up
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:15 pm

2 BEST HEAVYWEIGHTS IN STRIKEFORCE ARE FIGHTING

wooo hooo
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

I'd still say AA is better than Werdum. I'd rank Werdum higher now, but AA is the better fighter
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:52 pm

LA Im sorry but you are delusional about Arlovski right know (IMO)

I bet you rank him higher than Rogers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum is ON   Fedor vs Werdum is ON Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Werdum is ON
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next