Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?

Go down 
+3
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? Empty
PostSubject: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:25 pm

I don't think Aldo has a technical striking advantage on any of them. Faber could have been a lot more elusive, and I think in the early going Faber still had a speed advantage. I don't think Faber's footwork and technical striking is near as good as any of the three I mentioned now. Faber defeated Cruz a long time ago. I don't know that Faber could beat him now at either weight.

Cruz would be the only guy, just based on size, that would have a difficult time with Jose Aldo. This fight happens at 145 if it does. I find it hard to believe based on how huge Aldo is compared to guys like Brown and Faber that Aldo could hit 135. But Cruz, who has fought at 145 before, would probably own a major footwork advantage that I am not sure Aldo's speed or athleticism could over come if this thing stayed outside for most of the fight. Aldo would have to fight aggressive and get inside on Cruz. Jose Aldo would be a giant compared to Cruz and Aldo would maul him if this thing got in close.

What about fights with Penn or Frankie?

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:44 pm

I think BJ can beat Aldo with the right game plan. He has a world class ground game that he seems to forget about. Just look how easily he subbed Florian and Stevenson. Both are pretty solid on the mat.

As for Cruz I think Aldo can overwhelm him. Aldo showed Faber way too much respect and could have really finished him if he just went off like he has in the past. Can't really fault him though because he took zero damage and basically crippled Faber.

Edgar has a chance to outpoint Aldo like he did Penn. I think Aldo moves away pretty affectively and wouldn't just stand trying to give counter punches like Penn. Because of that I don't think it would work as well vs Aldo or the 2nd time around vs Penn. Edgar would have to resort to his wrestling and that may be the difference. Its hard to speciulate if it'd work because Aldo has shown great takedown defense.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Penn probably beats Aldo

compeltely disagree Cruz is the only clear cut win for Aldo

Aldo over Edgar but who the fuck knows ITS ALL SPECULATION
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:46 am

I think Cruz gets crippled when he gets walked down and bullied before his leg snaps.

Penn could win with the correct gameplan, and it has more to do with the clinch than it does the ground. If BJ can lock Aldo up I don't see Aldo overpowering him, ragdolling him, and most of all he can't kick the legs out from the clinch. BJ murders Aldo on the ground, but to Aldo's credit there aren't many guys on the planet BJ wouldn't beat from the top pretty handily.

Edgar is tricky. I don't think he would outpoint Aldo the way he did Penn and the reason is the kick. Aldo uses it alot more and he wouldn't be standing still in the center of the octagon, he would be walking Edgar down for a bit, then he would start backing off a little, making Edgar come to him and he would likely catch Edgar with a few big shots and possibly knock him out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 am

Cruz yes
Edgar yes
Penn hell naww nah nah nah nah nah nah
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:48 am

BJ no
Frankie 50/50
Cruz badly
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:08 am

i think he beats Frankie, Bj is alot bigger though it seems. He would murder Cruz. Wolf is way underestimating him. This guy is Anderson Silva like. Super technical and has a sick ground game. He is the real deal and dominated Faber. This guy wont be beat for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?   Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would Aldo beat Cruz, Penn or Edgar?
Page 1 of 1