Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arizona's pending immigration law

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
r3dman7630
LTFG
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm

I understand the reason for Arizona doing their own law and the desire of some other states to follow suit. When code 1325 was written in as federal law it was done so to calm the public that was looking for immigration control. They never planned to enforce it and have yet to prove otherwise by doing just that... Not enforcing it. The states have no choice at this point but to create their own laws and enforce them on their own... Much to the chagrin of the federal government.

Now I agree that much of the regulation should fall onto business owners such as myself that employ many and all ethnicities... The fact remains that there are many if not most that know they can get away with not asking any questions and put a ton of money in their pockets by looking the other way and paying much less above board to illegals, or ducking the entire system by handing out Jackson's on pay day.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:48 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/30/arizona.hispanics.immigration/index.html?hpt=C1

Here is a story most aren't telling. This is about a mexican immigrant that supports the new law. Get this she doesn't understand why they all can't go get their citizenship either like her grandparents did before her.

"If I entered another country illegally I'd go to jail, yet they're demanding better treatment than their government would give us," she says.

"We as Americans have the right to defend this country's laws. There's nothing racist about protecting the country," she says

"Many of these families were having one child after another just to earn a paycheck from the U.S. government and they didn't care about their children's education," says Gaines, the controversial founder of American Citizens United, a grass-roots organization known for its extreme views on immigration enforcement. "They didn't want to contribute, just take."
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:37 pm

i dont want to get started on this, potentially in 12 years on legislation proposed puerto rico will be a state in the US making us a bilingual country(ie canada) More importantly PR will have 2 senate seats and 6 representitives(thats more than 25 other states) Now dont get me wrong I dont oppose PR but the legislation being proposed nullifies PRs current relation with US and gives them 2 options. Become a state or be an entity unto themselves. Its a backhanded way of forcing them to become a state when PR has never had more than 3% want to become part of the US. GIven the alternative(no aid or program and regular trade practices) they will choose to become US

Arizona might aswell just absorb mexico if they cant keep illegals out by law.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:05 pm

What do you guys think about Suns wearing the "Los Suns" unis?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Well first, it should be "Los Soles"... Secondly, it's a dangerous message in a state where about 70% support the law, so maybe those people should show up to the game without their tickets (ie papers) and see if they're let in... And third, I couldn't care less who wins the series, but I kind of hope karma smacks them in the ass and they lose by 40.

Last edited by LikesToFightGuy on Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:28 pm

The Spurs wanted to do the same thing and Popovich gave his negative feelings about the law as well
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:35 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Well first, it should be "Los Soles"... Secondly, it's a dangerous message in a state where about 70% support the law, so maybe those people should show up to the game without their tickets (ie papers) and see if they're let in... And third, I couldn't care less who wins the series, but I kind of hope karma smacks them in the ass and they lose by 40.

It would appear that karma avoids the political arena...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:46 pm

There should be a separate process for Mexican immigration.

Not because they are "mexicans" but because we border Mexico in an environment where Mexican nationals stream across the border illegally in hordes while the ghettos of Texas and Arizona are flooded with the blood of Los Zetas hits.

I hate how some people confuse "being American" with the blantant ignoring of societial problems, and believe in stupid simple notions of "fairness" at the expense of logical policies that would benefit all communities.

However, if I had it my way, I would completely and utterly halt all legal immigration from Mexico. We have enough Mexicans already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Yeah I think you may have a point Wolf about putting a halt on all immigrants not just from Mexico but from every where if u ask me. We have tons of AMERICAN families that we should be helping right now that dont have food, shelter or clothing but we insist on being every other countrys friend and helping them every which way we can. it is boarder line sicking to think about how most of these people come from other countries and rarely try to even learn english.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona's pending immigration law
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2