Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arizona's pending immigration law

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
r3dman7630
LTFG
acccardinal12
MMAEYES
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Arizona's pending immigration law Empty
PostSubject: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36735281/ns/politics

Just wanted to seee what peoples opinions were of the pending immigration law in Arizona? It's a law that would make it a state crime to be in the United States illegally and require anyone suspected of being an illegal immigrant to produce identification.

Obama says that the legislation could "threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans,"

But how is that? If a cop says anyone of us is suspicious they can make us show our ID. So why is it unfair for immigrants to carry their citizen info as well? If it's unfair for a immigrant to prove he's a citizen than it's unfair for me to have to give my ID and prove I am who I say I am. I think Arizona is doing the right thing and the whole country should follow suit.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I think it is a good thing. What is wrong with asking someone who is here legally for an ID? Saying that the Latino community won't report crimes is stupid and will only make a communtiy worse and anyone who has that attitude should blame themselves and not the Govt. Saying this is wrong is what is wrong with our country. Just like the Govt being able to use phone taps. What is wrong with that if you are leading a good life? Take it away and you get another 911. Keep it and you protect our Country and get the bad guys.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 12:30 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I think it is a good thing. What is wrong with asking someone who is here legally for an ID

I agree Beast thanks for your opinion
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 pm

If you have nothing to hide, then it shouldn't be an issue. Spare me the profiling BS. 90% of my workforce is hispanic... They damn well better have their papers in order at all times!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:11 pm

Thanks for giving your opinion LTFG. I'm gonna go ahead and assume the rest of the board agrees (as they should) seeing how no one has given an opposing opinion.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Im have mixed feelins? it sounds like a good thing but think down the road it may get outta hand....def gonna be alot of harrasment issues. But agree if you are legit then have nothin to worry bout. Called my cuz who is Native American,joked...btr move home before the cops think ur an illegal im and ask for ur paper. haha
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks for the post r3dman7630. Let me ask you this do you think the harrasment issues you are talking about come from

a. a person who is legal saying an officer had no reason other than race to ask for his/her papers?

b. an illegal person saying the officer had no reason other than race to ask for his/her papers?

or another option I'm not thinking of
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

A.....mos def.
and for me being native i think that if I got pulled over for lookin illegal I mite get my shorts in a twist?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:54 pm

r3dman7630 wrote:
A.....mos def.
and for me being native i think that if I got pulled over for lookin illegal I mite get my shorts in a twist?

Well first off the law says they can't pull you over for that. They have to already have a deferent reason to stop you first. And a cop can stop anyone walking around that they think looks suspicious and ask for ID that goes for the whole country so why not also be able to make sure that person is legal.

I would get pissed if I was a minority and I got pulled over because they wanted to know if I was legal but the law says they can't do that. But if I was a minority and I got caught speeding and they asked if I was a citizen why would that affend me?
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm

yeah def but you know if cops that may be suspicios of a person being illegal they will find something to stop them for........speakin jus for me, and the kind of racism I've witnessed think I'd be alil more offended.
Dad told me a story once he and my mom went to mexico to go fishin, they wouldnt let my dad back over cause they said his licence was fake. my mom had to drive back home to get his BC jus to prove he was legal???
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 pm

What exactly does look suspicious mean?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:14 pm

Brown skin! lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 pm

A lot of the police chiefs in Arizona are against this bill
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm

they should be...like i said think people are going to be offended if asked to see there papers and they are legal. gonna make the police look bad???
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Good bill, but will lead to racial profiling and harrassment. Those are real world negative side effects of proper law enforcement when a specific ethnic group commits a significant portion of specific crimes.

This will definitely lead to a disconnect with the latino community and law enforcement. Las Zetas will become more powerful. It will however force some latinos to stop encouraging illegal immigration and stop supporting it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:43 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Thanks for the post r3dman7630. Let me ask you this do you think the harrasment issues you are talking about come from

a. a person who is legal saying an officer had no reason other than race to ask for his/her papers?

b. an illegal person saying the officer had no reason other than race to ask for his/her papers?

or another option I'm not thinking of

Let me help....

c. having an illegal alien come across the border with a dirty bomb and killing a bunch of people.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:45 am

r3dman7630 wrote:
Brown skin! lol

BS bro I'm as white as a ghost and I've been asked for my ID based on looking suspicious.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I heard a sound bite this morning of our dear President making comment on the law on Tuesday... "Now suddenly if you don't have your papers, and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you're going to get harassed - that's something that could potentially happen".

How can people be so ignorant? This law is just a revised and ramped up law of the one that the federal government already has (usc 1325). They only created this to make local law enforcement enforce the law rather than leave it up to the feds since the feds have no desire to see illegal immigration stalled or stopped.

It DOES NOT give law enforcement the right to profile any more than they have had the right to in the past. They cannot just walk up and ask for your papers. They have to have a reason for "lawful contact". A person has to be suspected to have done or in process of doing something unlawful. Sure, it can be as simple as running a stop sign in a car, but fact is if you are simply be-bopping around minding your own business you cannot be harrassed. And when we get pulled over, aren't we all asked to provide paperwork? License, registration and insurance please... Those bastards! It gets under my skin a bit when I hear our own President taking the law to task and acting completely ignorant and uninformed. And now you have left wing morons screaming to boycott businesses that are based in Arizona? Really... Stop going to D-Back games... This is the big target? WOW. Yeah, that'll show em for wanting law enforcement to do their job.

Oh, and as for our dear President... Hey Mr. Hypocrite, didn't you just back door and shove a law down our throats that will fine anyone who can't show proper "papers" proving that they are insured?

Now excuse me while I go check on a some new-hire's paperwork... Or wait, is that stepping on their toes too much?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:33 pm

The thing that makes me real angry is the comparisons of this law with Nazi Germany. It's so retarded it makes me want to puke.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:33 pm

The new Gestapo?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 pm

As a whole I think we should enforce the current immigration laws before writing new ones. It might work who knows but we don't enforce laws already on the books so it really doesn't matter.

I'm torn. My grandfather came over on the boat from Greece so I can understand why people want to come to America. It's the best country in the world. But my Father's family did it the legal way and clearly this is an ILLEGAL immigration problem. I know it is harder to become an american citizen than it used to be so this is why they are coming over in droves. That, and we don't enforce our laws concerning immigration.

There should be a clear cut immigration process for mexicans, and if people are caught here illegally, ship them home right then and there. But more importantly, businesses caught hiring illegals should be nailed to the wall. They wouldn't be coming over here if there wern't companies hiring them illegally. When an illegal gets a job over an american citizen because they're cheaper is what pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:29 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
There should be a clear cut immigration process for mexicans,

Why do we need a deferent immigration process for mexicans? Don't they know that they can live here legally while in the process of legally becoming a citizen. Does it take a long ass time to get your greencard? Hell yes a driver from germany who used to work for my company waited for 11 years for his paperwork, but he wasn't here illegally because he was in the process. That's what pisses me off all they got to do is start the process and they are good but they refuse cause they don't want to be a citizen. Why be a citizen when you can have all the perks with no taxes.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

I didn't mean they should have a seperate process from others. Came out wrong. Shoulda said "immirgrants" in general.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:13 pm

alot of them are not in the "process" and thats why the gov wants to reguate them. Gov wants that $ an pissed cause they arent payin taxes......
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:14 pm

I think the reason why they don't apply for greencards is because nothing happens when they get caught. That, and companies hire them anyways. Until the US makes it "Not worth the risk" for companies that hire illegals, the problem will continue.

Having a greencard doesn't really benefit unskilled labor. In fact having a greencard probably means you're paying FICA and income taxes, while an illegal almost certainly gets paid in straight cash (homie) and pays zero taxes.

And of course a company would much rather have a illegal immigrant carpenter for 6 bucks an hour than a unionized carpenter for 15 an hour. Combine that with not having to pay payroll taxes and unemplyment taxes, no wonder they take these risks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arizona's pending immigration law   Arizona's pending immigration law Empty

Back to top Go down

Arizona's pending immigration law
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next