Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey

Go down 
+4
LA
timthebim
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey Empty
PostSubject: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 am

In Portland on that challengers card.

For those who don't know Casey...he's the guy that got banned from Kron Gracie's school for promoting himself to black belt. He also kicks it with "King" Spencer Pratt and is responsible for that black belt Pratt has. He's 3-1...still don't know him...welll...

I like it. Lindland gets a fight he can win at this point infront of his home town and we get to see him beat up a complete douche bag.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 am

That was a f'n joke right?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:20 am

I still cant get the Lindland KO from Vitor out of my head LOL.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:39 pm

SF is becoming notorious for these horrible fighter choices
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 pm

I think they become notorious on what they put on their big cards and i say there is nothing horrible about what they are putting on tonight or in there other big events. Don't be a hater.

It just boggles my mind on the same nigt they are putting on a sick ass card somebody says shit like that because of one fight on a challengers card. Which is not a horrible fight as Matt Lindland has mounted zero offense in his last 2 fights.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 pm

They throw all their eggs in one basket, it reminds me of Affliction, the matchups run out eventually.

Sims coming in like he hadn't gotten off the couch in a year
The guy Walker fought
Stout
Now this guy
Grimm getting the title shot
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Like Affliction my ass. Affliction had all their eggs in one division and they only did two shows. SF has been putting on sick cards for a year now and people say they keep putting all the eggs in one basket and yet the next month they have another sick card out.

Also, Kevin Casey may be a douche...but just because he made a crappy rap song and is a clown does not mean he's a bad fighter. Like i said, Lindland has been the shits for awhile now...i don't think he's above this.

Also, what you named were undercard bouts and a very small percentage of what SF has put on...but they are becoming notorious for this? come on man. I know you want SF under and everything but no need to hate like that when they are putting on entertaining cards.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Say what you want but that's becoming a trend

I'm confident in my viewpoint, so after a potential Hendo/Mousasi fight what is there at LHW?
After a potential Fedor/Reem fight what is there at HW? not to mention Grimm/Reem and Werdum/Fedor are a joke in all reality. Let me guess AA, matchups run out and u can only recycle fights soo many times. What is there at WW? LW? rematches between Aoki and Melendez?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Don't be short sighted LA by saying "then what after Hendo" obviously we don't know but people should have learned after Babalu and they said there was nobody for Mousasi to fight then a month later there was Lawal and Hendo that what the roster looks like now is not what it's gonna look like a few months down the line or even less...so whats the point of even commenting on that?

You seem to think what the roster is now is what it shall remain forever and that is short sighted and flat out ignorant. I'm not going to continue this discussion if your arguement is that flimsy. The fact that SF has gone from having just Shamrock, Le, Melendez, Thomson, Overeem originally to having what they have now in less than a year proves your argument of everything having to be recycled sucks. There is nothing to it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:17 pm

What's out there? name potential fighters

That whole Dream co-pro is really working out well for Dream isn't it
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:28 pm

We don't know yet. Aoki and Melendez havent fought yet.

Zaromskis and Manhoef are contracted Strikeforce fighters so the alliance has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, you're straying a bit off base with the DREAM alliance and how it's working out for DREAM...what the fuck does that have to do with what we were originally talking about?

How are you going to ask me "who's out there?" when i just explained why i think that is a shit argument. If you asked me that after Mousasi-Babalu i would have said i don't know...yet, heres Lawal...theres Hendo. I can't see in the future...but just because i can't see in the future i don't go ahead and assume nothing will happen and actually attempt to use it in a debate. In a year, there will be guys in the UFC, Strikeforce and Japan as well that we would not even think to mention, this game changes a lot.

The only thing i can see in the future is we argue this for awhile and not reach common ground. So how about we just leave this where it lays?

Lindland via decision.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 pm

The Dream alliance is where potential matchups can come from, when one side dominates the other it loses it's luster.

Mo shows the desperation for contenders, he's fighting for the title off a win vs. Whitehead

But all I can say is we'll see bro
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 5:40 pm

We'll see is something we can both agree on.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Sounds like u guys have a good arguement going right now and to be honest I dont care if SF puts all there eggs in 1 basket as long as they keep putting sick cards on like this.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 pm

jjhahahahahahaha 11 guys on the beach in wife beaters with a fire going

wow thats gay

cant borrow Spencers girl?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
SF is becoming notorious for these horrible fighter choices

Wolf being nice ; LA is notorious for not seeing the forrest through the trees and holding non-UFC promotions to UFC standards when there isn't always top fighters oozing out Coker's ears.

Wolf being mean ; LA shut your stupid ass the fuck up. You're smarter than this stupid opinion, and will be held to higher standards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh god, I posted that before I read all the rest of what LA said in this thread. LA of all your short sighted dumb ass opinions, the way you treat Strikeforce comes in as perhaps some of the dumbest shit you've ever said.

I like you LA, but instead of trying to argue with you on it I think we'd all be better served if you were berated with insults instead.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:10 pm

its not like this will be the main event
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I think it probably will be the main event bird considering Lindland is the known name on the card and it's in his hometown.

Woodley vs. Coy and Healy vs. Travers are good fights on that card though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 pm

I saw Casey when he fought at challengers. He looked OK. Fairly impressive.

I agree with LA on SF throwing some down right awful fighters out there against names they are trying to build. they've done that more often then they should.

But I don't see this as an instance of that. In fact this might be the opposite situation. Considering how Lindland has look I would not be surprised if Casey won, and thus puts a nice name on his resume, and he looks like a player.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Wolfy we'll see whose right in the future
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:21 pm

How could someone even think this way? Would it be possible for Strikeforce, or anyone, to produce only top ten opponents for all their big names fight after fight?

Strikeforce is so horrible for giving Rogers a fight with Overeem, yet how many times was Randy Couture given shots fresh off losses. Strikeforce gives Mayhem an easier fight, it's such a crime, but Liddell and Couture were never fed Tiger or Van Arsdale were they?

Strikeforce doesn't have as many fighters as the UFC. Not every fight is going to be top ten or twenty fighters, and having any expectation of that reflects a complete and utter cognitive breakdown and a lapse in all logical reasoning skills.

Fighters can be created over night. Ask the UFC HW division. Daniel Cormier and Bobby Lashley are already each a fight or two away from being Cain Velesquez or Shane Carwin. Jon Jones and King Mo didn't exist a year ago. Now they're contenders.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:26 pm

What are all these fights where bums are fed to good fighters? Huh?

The Mayhem fight?

For as new as they are Strikeforce gets an A fucking + in terms of competitive match making. They are supposedly notorious, yet in reality it would be almost impossible to do any better. Glad I live in the real world...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Yes it is a joke to give Rogers a title fight off a loss, he isn't an all-time legend multi-former champion. And Randy was given title fights in other divisions, but it's different when the guy is a legend.

Mo has a win over Whitehead and he's fighting for the title, backing up my desperation for contenders, it's true.

Cain and Carwin would sure struggle with Jason Guida
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Who is Mousasi supposed to fight? Is Carwin getting title shots any different?

This is the fault of the promoter? The UFC has everyone on today's top ten list. Who knows what they'll have in a year. All things considered, how could they do any better?

Strikeforce is notorious for being the best MMA promotion this side of the UFC and doing a fantastic job with what fighters are available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey   Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Lindland is fighting Kevin Casey
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next