Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST

Go down 
+2
MMAEYES
LTFG
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST Empty
PostSubject: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Just an FYI... His last interview with Rome was a great. It will be interesting to see what he has to say with much more time to talk...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Damn I'd love to watch but I'm at work No
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:49 pm

It's on his radio show, but I'm sure he'll have him on the TV show before the WEC card.

Sucks for me too since I have a 10:15 appt. that I called and can't get out of. I probably will only catch 5 minutes of 30-45. Damn, I need a RadioVo... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:51 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

can't beleive you haven't seen that classic. Saw that bitch on a DVD I rented back in the day, one of the Ultimate Knockouts DVDs.

ooopss wrong thread

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
It's on his radio show, but I'm sure he'll have him on the TV show before the WEC card.

Sucks for me too since I have a 10:15 appt. that I called and can't get out of. I probably will only catch 5 minutes of 30-45. Damn, I need a RadioVo... lol

For some reason today the local radio is playing the extra hour of Herd and SVP rather then Rome, not sure why.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Sooners, once they decide to kick Rome back on remember the interview will be the second hour. Probably 30-45 minutes, but if they aren't running out of stuff to talk about and the phones are busy he will pull the full hour. We're 3 minutes away and I have to jet in 8... I'm actually kind of pissed and thinking about cancelling... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm

what are the odds, the first words of the day I hear from Rome are "and now former WEC Champion Urijah Faber". Nice timing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

LTFG are you the LTFG with little man syndrome that Faber choked?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

can't beleive you haven't seen that classic. Saw that bitch on a DVD I rented back in the day, one of the Ultimate Knockouts DVDs.

ooopss wrong thread

I have seen alot of the old fights on dvds and tapes I just don't remember that one. My fav was (don't remember who) this little guy fighting a sumo wrestling looking dude. Little guy had to jump to reach the fat guys face. Little guy dropped the fat guy. It was great. I wish I could see it again but I can't remember who the fighters were
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

ooopss wrong thread

I have seen alot of the old fights on dvds and tapes I just don't remember that one. My fav was (don't remember who) this little guy fighting a sumo wrestling looking dude. Little guy had to jump to reach the fat guys face. Little guy dropped the fat guy. It was great. I wish I could see it again but I can't remember who the fighters were

Gerard Gordeau vs. Teila Tuli
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Your like a mma encyclopedia Sooner! Thanks man

+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:23 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Your like a mma encyclopedia Sooner! Thanks man

+1

ha ha don't know about that. Your welcome though, I just so happened to remember both those fights pretty well. Some of the first fights I can remember watching.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I know Rome has a lot of MMA guys on but I still can't stand him. Remember when he said Shogun Rua's name wrong? lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 pm

poor fat Tuili was in the Hawaii date movie with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler

he also made our very own inagural Hall of Shame class
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
I know Rome has a lot of MMA guys on but I still can't stand him. Remember when he said Shogun Rua's name wrong? lol

I can't stand the show except for his great interviews. I stopped listening to him a couple months ago, I use a ESPN radio stream instead of listening to my radio now. But Rome "gets it", he might not have got it all right away but as far as main stream radio guys out there he "gets it" far more then most. He has plenty of good things to say about MMA.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:04 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Sad I missed the interview... But he said he choked out a LTFG? Rome must have dropped that name because that's where I picked it up a hell of a long time a go. Funny that it was used though since he doesn't go to the old school references too often these days.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:09 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
ohiovol62 wrote:

I can't stand the show except for his great interviews. I stopped listening to him a couple months ago, I use a ESPN radio stream instead of listening to my radio now. But Rome "gets it", he might not have got it all right away but as far as main stream radio guys out there he "gets it" far more then most. He has plenty of good things to say about MMA.

Agree wholeheartedly... Rome is in a class by himself of mainstream guys that get MMA. Also agree about the show... Ever since he kicked T-rog to the curb and fell in love with his new man crush, Kyle Brant, the show has been shit. Too many sound bites being played non-stop and not enough listener participation. Rome has always said he doesn't want to be one of the hosts who takes calls non-stop because it shows a lack of preparation and anyone can take calls all day long... But dropping sound bites for 15 minutes at a time is no different. He's gone away from what made his show different... I'd almost rather listen to Cowherd at this point and I thought I'd never say that having to listen to that blowhard on local radio for a few years...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Sad I missed the interview... But he said he choked out a LTFG? Rome must have dropped that name because that's where I picked it up a hell of a long time a go. Funny that it was used though since he doesn't go to the old school references too often these days.

Yeah I remember you telling me about the name, I figured that was the case anyways. Just thought it was funny he mentioned some LTFG with little man syndrome lol, a guy e-mailed Rome telling him to ask Faber if he remembers choking that guy. That is how it was brought up on the show.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Damn... Missed the little mans syndrome part. I'll have to suggest that it couldn't possibly be me then since I've never met Faber and I've been ineligble for the FW class since I was in middle school... lol.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm

A friend of mine wrote "I (heart) (huge cock n balls)" on his truck with a sharpie at some small fights a few years back. He hates him for some fake reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
A friend of mine wrote "I (heart) (huge cock n balls)" on his truck with a sharpie at some small fights a few years back. He hates him for some fake reason.

Who could hate Urijah? Classy and always fun to watch fight. I don't think I've ever heard him disrespect anyone unless they started in on him first. Guy is always respectful...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 pm

He knows him and I think he is jealous because Faber is taller than him. At least that's what I told him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:40 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Who could hate Urijah? Classy and always fun to watch fight. I don't think I've ever heard him disrespect anyone unless they started in on him first. Guy is always respectful...

Sometime people just don't like other people. Do you remember Ricky Watters, RB for San Fran and Philly back in the day, I've never had a reason I just don't like that guy. Never have, I don't understand it, but I always routed against teams he played on. I used to tell my friends I know he's good, he don't run his mouth, but for some reason I don't like him.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He knows him and I think he is jealous because Faber is taller than him. At least that's what I told him.

No shit... Dude must be jealous of a hell of a lot of people then!!!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:48 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Sometime people just don't like other people. Do you remember Ricky Watters, RB for San Fran and Philly back in the day, I've never had a reason I just don't like that guy. Never have, I don't understand it, but I always routed against teams he played on. I used to tell my friends I know he's good, he don't run his mouth, but for some reason I don't like him.

LOL... I get it a bit. Never had that against someone I've never met, but I've met people that others swear are great people and something about them just rubbed me wrong. They never said or did anything to be an ass or disrespectful, but still they just rubbed me wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST   Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST Empty

Back to top Go down

Urijah will be in studio with Rome at 10 PST
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next