Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would the spider still fight RJJ?

Go down 
+5
Ludo
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
SOKO
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Would the spider still fight RJJ? Empty
PostSubject: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 am

Thoughts? I say no way in hell after what jones has done to himself in the last year. Jones is done and has been.

Last edited by sokolkevin on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Jones may be done being among the best active boxers in the world, but in a boxing match he murders Anderson Silva no matter how washed up he is. Anderson Silva would be a nobody if he was strictly a pro boxer IMO. It's hard to be a somebody in boxing and RJJ is one of the greatest to ever lace up the boots.

what really bugs me about this thread is how you seem to think fighting RJJ in a boxing match might be BENEATH Anderson Silva when he would be lucky to get in a boxing match with somebody that actually has a link to their name on wikipedia...let alone Junior.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 pm

When I first read this I thought... uhh why the hell wouldn't Anderson fight Jones. It may even be smarter to fight him now instead a few years when Jones improves and Anderson loses a step. I am of course referring to Jon Jones.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I don't know if he would or not but he'd get his ass handed to him in a boxing ring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Maybe , depends on how bored Silva gets with MMA.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Doesn't matter how bored he gets he'd still get his ass whooped by Roy Jones Junior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

No he won't . Roy is shot to pieces and completely gun-shy , he can't pull the trigger and no longer has the legs for boxing . Silva would knock Roy out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:01 pm

You are the last person i thought i would have to neg Ali, but you left me no choice with that post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 pm

lol It's cool but it's not going to change the fact Roy is shot.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

A shot Roy on his worst day destoys Anderson Silva if the name of the game is boxing. K-1 and MMA where knees, kicks or in MMA elbows are allowed, Spider wins the stand up...come on, a boxing buff like yourself should know better.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

sokolkevin wrote:
Thoughts? I say no way in hell after what jones has done to himself in the last year. Jones is done and has been.

Jones was a done has been 3 years ago when Anderson called him out. So I think he will still be interested in boxing him. I also think Anderson would do well against him and Roy dont have the power to hurt him anymore.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 am

Ah don't be negging Ali for that, at this point that boxing match might be closer than u think.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 am

agree I dont think roy has the power to hurt anderson anymore.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 am

He needs to change his sights to Hopkins.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am

Not enough $$$$$ anymore
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would the spider still fight RJJ?   Would the spider still fight RJJ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would the spider still fight RJJ?
Page 1 of 1