Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th

Go down 
+11
boomer sooner
captain organic
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
oggy420
Ludo
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
LA
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th Empty
PostSubject: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Fucking gay. After King Mo Hendo is the only fight possible that is even remotely interesting while the UFC is loaded out the ass in the LHW division
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 4:54 pm

My thoughts exactly
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:12 pm

eh, out of those 7 fights well probably see 2 good quality opponents... if that
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:04 pm

King Mo, Hendo, Shields(?), Werdum(?), Bonnar(after he gets cut from the UFC), Rampage(is he still mad at Dana?) and umm.... that's all I got.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Bonnar won't get cut. Same with Forrest and Chuck and Randy etc etc etc. They are too valuable for what they have done to ever get cut for what they don't do now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Does Strikeforce have some secret batch of Light Heavies hidden somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Does Strikeforce have some secret batch of Light Heavies hidden somewhere ?

Yeah, the Keebler elves make them.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Yeah Bonner won't get cut, and I don't see Page going anywhere

A guy like Jardine might get cut if he loses again

Other than that, there's a fight against Hendo then nothing of interest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:50 pm

Rampage might be tempted if Strikeforce give him freedom to make movies.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm

7 fight deal is a tad ridiculous. 3 fight deal would have been more than enough. Maybe he's not as serious about his future ufc plans as he claims.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm

This is a good sign that StrikeForce is serious about getting more talent

good news
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Who is he gonna fight? What LHW talent are they going to get outside of guys washing out of the UFC? all the other top LHWs know where the others are and want to fight where they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
This is a good sign that StrikeForce is serious about getting more talent

good news

Good news for Strikeforce bad news for the division.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

I know none of us are psychics here, but i think a lot of you are being a little short sighted with the "after Mo and Hendo...THEN WHAT?..theres nothing". Keep in mind that less than a half year ago people were saying there was nobody for Mousasi to fight at all after he beat Babalu and just like that he had two really good fights with Mo and Hendo that have not even happened yet. Nothing annoys me more than people ignoring that the landscape of enire class changes after just a couple months of fights. New guys appear, old guys disappear. A year ago Strikeforce didnt even have Mousasi yet we're supposed to believe that after Hendo and Mo there will be nobody for him to fight? just because you can't see a year into the future does not mean there is none.

anyway, i thought he signed this contract before he left M-1 so this is not really news to me. He was not going anywhere until late 2011 anyway if he has no threats in Strikeforce. If he signs it, he never makes it to UFC untouched...bold prediction. The longer SF stays in business, the stronger their system will get.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 pm

remember when Babalu was gonna kill Mousasi???????

all of a sudden Babalu sucks, I enjoyed the Soko non title match, there is Hendo, if Monson ever gets to 205 I dont mind watching that, lets see how Roger Gracie pans out

Maybe Coleman goes to SF I dont mind that either
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 pm

It's a year...Strikeforce LHW division went from Babalu and Bobby Soutworth to Gegard Mousasi, Muhammad Lawal, Dan Henderson, Babalu in about 5 months. I say a year from now they'll be even more names, some we may not know now and others we probably do know now but are not in SF.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:07 pm

No, I told everone on here Mousasi would destroy Babalu and that I've never thought Babalu was that good.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
No, I told everone on here Mousasi would destroy Babalu and that I've never thought Babalu was that good.

well that makes you the smart man in the room, but alot of people thoght Babalu vs Mousasi was gonna be a close great match
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm pretty sure i picked Gegard to win that fight...but i don't think anybody predicted the efficiency.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 pm

I did
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I did

I didnt

clown
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
King Mo, Hendo, Shields(?), Werdum(?), Bonnar(after he gets cut from the UFC), Rampage(is he still mad at Dana?) and umm.... that's all I got.
i believe hendo said he was staying at MW, shields is also a MW, actually a WW.
werdum is a HW
bonners not getting cut, ever! he will always stay with the ufc
i actually do see rampage going to strikeforce just to spit in danas face, and mousasi vs rampage would be a heck of a fight!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Who is he gonna fight? What LHW talent are they going to get outside of guys washing out of the UFC? all the other top LHWs know where the others are and want to fight where they are.
strikeforce doesnt sign fighters cut by the ufc, they have said that they wont be doing that
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Farmer you are reaching big time. Why would you want to see him fight Bonnar and Werdum is to big to fight at LHW? Shields or Hendo, but not both, just the winner. SF is ruining MMA. Gregard and Fedor need to go to UFC and anyone that says different is a fool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th   Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th Empty

Back to top Go down

Mousasi plans to sign 7 fight extension after April 17th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next