Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well

Go down 
+5
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
timthebim
KingsOwn19
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well Empty
PostSubject: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Dana confirmed it through Dave Meltzer.

He said Wandy/Akiyama wont be the main event, that can mean it's not on the card or it's a co main event. He says he is working on...Serra vs. Swick.

I say unless UFC puts Kimbo on the card or something. SF will be good on that date but word is they might move to the 24th and Abraham/Dirrell will get moved to another date. That would put them in counter to WEC but i say they just stick with their date. They have the bigger card on a bigger network. If there is any time to spit in UFC's face when they are bullying...its then. Of course countering WEC would be an even bigger fuck you. If Kimbo is on the card, move it...as big of a shame as that would be because Kimbo is a joke.

but yeah...april 17th is going to be quite the night for MMA.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Serra vs Swick would be a pretty good scrap.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:52 pm

timthebim wrote:
Serra vs Swick would be a pretty good scrap.

Tall, lanky, quick, solid striking, with a good grappling game vs short, stocky, with good to very good power, and legit blackbelt Gracie BJJ.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 pm

My point exactly good scrap lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 pm

timthebim wrote:
My point exactly good scrap lol.

Agreed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 pm

I would easily pass up Serra vs Swick for any of the fights on SF card. It will be a great scrap, but I will wait for mmalinker the following day. UFC better come bigger than those two if they want to rain on SF parade.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 am

Sounds pretty shitty especially compared to Strikeforce's card. I guess Dana has a hard on for trying to counter every event they have though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

I strongly believe they will put Kimbo on the card. I can also see them waiting quite awhile to announce it as well so SF will stick with their date. It's a shame where good MMA cards have to keep their eye out for Kimbo Slice

SF/Showtime/CBS will probably think of that. They should probably just attack WEC for the fuck you anyway...but that sucks for me cause i planned on attending the WEC event.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:17 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I strongly believe they will put Kimbo on the card. I can also see them waiting quite awhile to announce it as well so SF will stick with their date. It's a shame where good MMA cards have to keep their eye out for Kimbo Slice

SF/Showtime/CBS will probably think of that. They should probably just attack WEC for the fuck you anyway...but that sucks for me cause i planned on attending the WEC event.

Live MMA >>>>>>> MMA on TV

Plus you can just DVR it or watch it online.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:23 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

So they'll cancel his fight at 113?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 am

Please lucifer don't let Hendo and Mousasi and Mo be countered by Wanderlei vs Akiyama. Don't do that to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 am

I think they already did. They took Kimbo vs. Mitrione off the page on their website.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 am

Got to love Dana, he likes playing hardball. It doesn't even matter to him if the UFC does overly well, he's just tring to take viewers from SF.

And yeah Kimbo's fight s most liekly off, Meathead or Toney?

If they put Wandy vs. Akiyama, Swick vs. Hughes and Kimbo vs. Toney on that card it could do some damage that's for sure.

Also counter programming the WEC would be a mistake
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:31 am

Moving Kimbo to counter CBS? No choice but to assault the WEC PPV.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 am

Oh no, their counter programming the WEC! Just as I wanted, now I can merge the two Orgs and become unstoppable.

Dana White
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:34 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Live MMA >>>>>>> MMA on TV

Plus you can just DVR it or watch it online.

Yeah, but in an arena full of MMA fans it will be hard to avoid spoilers you know? i hate that. Strikeforce is on tape delay for me, so it would not start airing on CBS until the WEC show is over anyway, but i don't want to just hear somebody spout out during the event or at the bar afterwards the results to the CBS card spoiling it through no fault of my own. So, i prefer if they stick to the 17th, and i want Abraham/Dirrell to stay on the 24th because i'm looking forward to that as well..i'm just saying what would be smart for them to do if UFC were to put Kimblow on the card. With the names and the network they will do fine against a live UFC card but a live circus is a completely different story, especially if it's opponent is James Toney.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Got to love Dana, he likes playing hardball. It doesn't even matter to him if the UFC does overly well, he's just tring to take viewers from SF.

And yeah Kimbo's fight s most liekly off, Meathead or Toney?

If they put Wandy vs. Akiyama, Swick vs. Hughes and Kimbo vs. Toney on that card it could do some damage that's for sure.

Also counter programming the WEC would be a mistake

More like..

Serra vs Swick
Kimbo vs Meathead
Toney vs someone.... COUTURE????
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Oh no, their counter programming the WEC! Just as I wanted, now I can merge the two Orgs and become unstoppable.

Dana White

Exactly. In fact I invented that theory. LA you owe me a sack of green for royalties.

Isn't this best for MMA though? I think a real life demonstration of what counter programming PPV buys might feel like to Zuffa coupled with the excuse to merge the orgs would both be positives for the ecology of the MMA environment.

But we should also consider whether the UFC might decide not to fold the WEC in yet to avoid the perception Strikeforce sunk the WEC. Might work in Strikeforce's favor for them to claim they cut off one of Zuffa's two heads.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 am

It'll be Kimbo vs. Toney over Meathead
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Dana White

How do you think it would make them unstoppable? Sucking in a company with only one proven draw that they already own anyway, or taking away the weakness for Strikeforce to attack?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Dana White

Exactly. In fact I invented that theory. LA you owe me a sack of green for royalties.

Isn't this best for MMA though? I think a real life demonstration of what counter programming PPV buys might feel like to Zuffa coupled with the excuse to merge the orgs would both be positives for the ecology of the MMA environment.

But we should also consider whether the UFC might decide not to fold the WEC in yet to avoid the perception Strikeforce sunk the WEC. Might work in Strikeforce's favor for them to claim they cut off one of Zuffa's two heads.

I've said always said this aswell, but know you see it the same way, we can go Co on this one.

I don't really think SF could lay claim like that though, the UFC would be soo fucking ridiculously stacked at that point, not sure how that could work in SF's favor
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Dana White

How do you think it would make them unstoppable? Sucking in a company with only one proven draw that they already own anyway, or taking away the weakness for Strikeforce to attack?

You're kidding right? They'd have the most ridiculous stable of fighters ever, pretty much the majority of the best FWs and BWs, they turn these fighters into bigger stars, honestly a UFC/WEC merger would be epic.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I wouldn't.

Kimbo vs Meathead is a slug fest brawl with someone most likely getting knocked out.

We all know Toney is going to KO Kimbo is they stand. It might be half way interesting to see Kimbo attent takedowns. He might just be able to GnP this one out.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

I wouldn't.

Kimbo vs Meathead is a slug fest brawl with someone most likely getting knocked out.

We all know Toney is going to KO Kimbo is they stand. It might be half way interesting to see Kimbo attent takedowns. He might just be able to GnP this one out.

I don't really care for either fight, if I wanted to see one, it'd be Kimbo/Toney, I also think it's by far the bigger draw, and why it'd be the chosen matchup.

If I could see any Kimbo matchup, it be with Seth again.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:07 am

They need to send Toney in against Anderson Silva. That Abu Dabhi fight sucks with Maia anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well   UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC to do a live show on April 17th as well
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next