Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30 Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30   Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Long Time Coming, havent done the follow up after doing 1-10 and 11-20 , so here it is.

1. Frank Shamrock - clear cut and he only fought in 1 fight during this era. Sorry, he was on his back with Tito for 3 rounds and landed more strikes from the bottom than Tito did from the top. The best of this era, too bad UFC couldnt afford him. Some will argue, but Frank is number 1, going 1-0 in this time period in UFC (at UFC 22).

2. Randy Couture - Wanna hear soemthing crazy, Randy only fought 1 time in this time period as well. But hey becoming the first 2 time heavyweight champion with a domination of Kevin Randleman is deserving of the 2 spot IMO, maybe not yours.

3. Jens Pulver - Jens went 5-0 in this time period, which is impressive, add in the fact that he beat Caol Uno the number 1 Lightweight in the World at UFC 30 and he is easily a top 3 fighter in this era. I have no qualms with him being over Randy at the 2 spot.

4. Pat Miletich - Undefeated as well in this time period going 4-0 in all 4 of his title matches that took place.

5. Tito Ortiz - Went 2-1 in this time period with the loss to Frank Shamrock and wins over Wanderlei Silva for the vacated title Shamrock left behind, and a defence over Yuki Kondo.

6. Murilo Bustamante - Only fought 1 time in this time period but won the Welterweight Title while doing so. Top fighter in the world during this time period as well, could be ranked higher or lower depending on your opinion.

7. Kevin Randleman - 2-1 during this time period with a win over Pete Williams for the Heavyweight Title, a defense against Pedro Rizzo, and a loss to Randy Couture. Not too shabby at all.

8. Pedro Rizzo - Went 3-1 during this time period with wins over Josh Barnett, Dan Severn, and a win over Kosaka, add in that he sprawled Randleman all ngiht and an illegal head butt in the 3rd round seemed to be the turning point in the fight. Tough as it gets in the Heavyweight division during this time period.

9. Jeremy Horn - Some might say oh hell no but Gumby went 3-1 during this time period including that famous win over Chuck Liddell ( who had his name pronounced wrong whole fight; Lie-dell) one of the top submission grapplers during this era.

10. Caol Uno/ Matt Hughes - Caol Uno went 0-1 during this time but lets face it he was one of the best competitors in the UFC at the time, on the other hand Matt Hughes was beating alot of unkowns (3-0) during this time period, solid wins, nothing huge, but the fact that we know what he went on to do places him here IMO.

Where am I wrong????? Whats yall look like?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30   Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm higher on Jens, Ortiz, Hughes, Rizzo, and Horn than you only for the fact that they were out there working UFC every few months. Frank was the unquestioned best of 11-20 but in this time frame I think there are guys who impressed more and could pop him off the #1 spot. He did beat Elvis in somewhere in there too. Jenswas the the cream though. Jens was actually 8-1-1 in that time frame. He ko'd a lot of guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30   Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:08 am

yes Jens was without a doubt the busiest and most active, keep in mind this is only in UFC

I just think Frank was still the best of this era even though he fought once, but definately agree Jens is in the top 3 without question, HUghes is someone I probably rank to low

I just have a hard time ranking Rizzo higher than Randleman and I think I have Randleman at the right spot (maybe I dont)

Also think the fact that Frank beat Tito during this time period weighs alot, if UFC can afford Frank he is running off 10 defenses in a row more than likely, he had 4 in a row and then we all watched Tito rip off 5 in row when Frank bitch slapped Tito to sleep

great time period though for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30   Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Fighters From UFC 21-30
Page 1 of 1