Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most exciting fighters in the UFC

Go down 
+7
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
OU
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Most exciting fighters in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:30 pm

Fighters With Seven Bonuses:
Chris Lytle: 4 Fight of the Night bonuses, 2 Submission of the Night bonuses, 1 Knockout of the Night bonus; $310,000 total

Fighters With Five Bonuses:
Anderson Silva: 2 KOTN, 2 FOTN, 1 SOTN; $280,000 total
Nate Diaz: 3 FOTN, 2 SOTN; $170,000 total
Tyson Griffin: 5 FOTN
Joe Lauzon: 2 FOTN, 2 SOTN, 1 KOTN

Fighters With Four Bonuses:
Quinton Jackson: 2 FOTN, 2 KOTN; $220,000 total
Forrest Griffin: 3 FOTN, 1 SOTN; $220,000 total
Demian Maia: 4 SOTN; $215,000 total
Wilson Gouveia: 2 FOTN, 1 KOTN, 1 SOTN; $205,000 total
Marcus Davis: 2 FOTN, 1 KOTN, 1 SOTN; $160,000 total
Sam Stout: 4 FOTN
Jason MacDonald: 3 SOTN, 1 KOTN
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 pm

BJ Penn
Lyoto
Anderson Silva
Forrest Griffin
Quinton Jackson
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Damn, I never realized Griffin had so many fight of the nights. Surprising considering he goes to a decision as much as Fitch the past few years. I think he lost to sherk in his last FOTN though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 pm

JDS is making a good case early on. Finishing all 4 of his fights in the UFC via punches. 3 in the 1st round. Obviously he doesn't have the number of fights some other do but he is well on his way.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Bones is exciting. He is always doing a crazy throw or strike in his fights. I am not sure about how many OFTN he has been awarded, but he is the first guy I thought of when I saw this thread.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Miguel Torres was always one of the most exciting fighters to watch IMO
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Wanderlei Silva
Urijah Faber
Anderson Silva
Rampage
BJ Penn
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Good work Farmer! Personally, for me, the most exciting fighter to watch is probably Bonnar. Not that he is great or anything, but he is great at taking a beating and keeps on fighting. Lytle is a lot of fun to watch too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Good work Farmer! Personally, for me, the most exciting fighter to watch is probably Bonnar. Not that he is great or anything, but he is great at taking a beating and keeps on fighting. Lytle is a lot of fun to watch too.

Not my work. Just got it from BloodyElbow
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:

So you must have really enjoyed that beating Fitch took by GSP. I don't think I have seen anyone survive a worse beating. I think Bonnar is an awful choice. He had his slugfest early on but now he is boarder line painful to watch. I would much rather watch Melvin Gulliard then Bonnar.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Diego Sanchez
Clay Guida
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Bones
BJ
Cain V
GSP
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Brock Lesnar, BJ, Wandy, Chuck, and Clay Guida.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:58 pm

BJ Penn, Wand, Huerta, Rumble.

Most boring- Machida, GSP LOL! I just wanna see who cries over that. Just their last performances were snooze feasts.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Damn, I never realized Griffin had so many fight of the nights. Surprising considering he goes to a decision as much as Fitch the past few years. I think he lost to sherk in his last FOTN though.

16 of the last 24 FOTN's were fights that went to a decision. I think the ratio is a bit more than 2:1 overall in favor of decisions. Bad things often happen when giving fights that were finished FOTN - like Anderson-Forrests's "FOTN".
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:44 am

Yeah, be nice if there were more good dramatic finishes late in fights, but they either end abruptly or not at all it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most exciting fighters in the UFC   Most exciting fighters in the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Most exciting fighters in the UFC
Page 1 of 1