Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me

Go down 
+2
NoRegret
MMAEYES
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  Empty
PostSubject: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:43 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/31/1965916/marcus-davis-strikeforce-is-missing-out-on-exciting-fights-by-not

"Nothing is official yet, but we’ve had a few offers. I have actually gotten a lot of U.K. and European offers. I was hoping to hear from Strikeforce, but I know they’ve started that whole thing where they’re not taking UFC fighters coming off of losses. I completely understand. It’s all business and I don’t take any of this stuff personally. As far as Strikeforce is concerned, I can understand why they would want to continue that policy from a business standpoint. With me, the one thing that they miss out on—and it’s my major selling point to anyone—is that my fights tend to be exciting."

Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm

A washed up, gate-keeper with a now glass chin...hmmm Nope...pretty sure they made the correct decision.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:16 pm

didnt i say they would stay away from him? huh? didnt I?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:27 pm

They are crazy if they think adding him wouldn't help their LW division, since when is their roster so stacked that they can pass on an exciting fighter like Davis?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, I would rather see Evangilista beat Davis than fight Masvidal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:33 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
They are crazy if they think adding him wouldn't help their LW division, since when is their roster so stacked that they can pass on an exciting fighter like Davis?
i dont believe that they look at it like this... if he was to get a win or 2 on the regional circuit then im sure SF would pick him up quick
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 pm

OK let me rephrase that they are STUPID for not signing a guy that is exciting and has somewhat of a following just because he is coming off a lose in the ufc. What if he loses in the small circut? Then SF fucked themselves out of making money off him.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 pm

i think its a good idea for them to stay away from him until he gets a W, and if he doesn't then they did the right thing...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:48 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
i think its a good idea for them to stay away from him until he gets a W, and if he doesn't then they did the right thing...

If he doesn't win then they just threw away easy money, as a fight with Davis would have gathered some hype.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:50 pm

no doubt that it would but theyre not in a hurry to sign cast offs...
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:58 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
no doubt that it would but theyre not in a hurry to sign cast offs...

But that way of thinking would lead some to thing that they have some kind of stacked roster of high paid stars that they don't have. I love how they act so high and mighty they can't take a guy who had a great run in the ufc, that's the biggest bunch of BS. That arguement is more and more just sounding like a way for Coker to protect his lower level fighter from losing their hype, I use to argue that SF LWs and WWs could compete with the ufcs it's becoming obvious that Coker thinks otherwise.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Davis "HAD" a run in the UFC, why do you think he was let go? because he HAD a run, not cuz he was on a current run
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
why do you think he was let go?

Because the UFC really does have a roster so stacked that they can't keep guys who are on a losing streak, unlike SF who really should just sign whoever will make them money and improve their WEAK roster.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:18 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
why do you think he was let go?

Because the UFC really does have a roster so stacked that they can't keep guys who are on a losing streak, unlike SF who really should just sign whoever will make them money and improve their WEAK roster.

Strikeforce may be missing out on somebody who can provide an opening fight barburner with the right opponent, but they certainly arent missing out on a dime by not signing Marcus Davis..and with 4 of his last 5 fights being losses..Marcus is not much of a credible gatekeeper. Davis is considered a weak, over the hill fighter at this point and signing weak fighters is not any way to improve a weak division. Right now, Davis needs to get back on the winning track. SF can put him on their challengers series and that would probably happen depending on who he was fighting but then it makes it look like he only got his career back on track because he went to Strikeforce and they want to avoid that. ...hell, they didnt even touch Paul Daley right away and people still considered him one of the best in the world right after the Koscheck fight. If Davis gets a couple good wins(not feeders) in a row, then not only would Strikeforce consider bringing him in..UFC might even decide to give one of their veterans another run.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Davis vs Spirtwolf!

Do it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

SF needs to get their current fighters more fights, and not sign a guy who just got his ass beat out of the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me    Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me  Empty

Back to top Go down

Marcus Davis: Strikeforce is missing out on exciting fights by not signing me
Page 1 of 1