Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I won my tourney!!!

Go down 
+4
Primetyme199
muayjitsu
NoRegret
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

I won my tourney!!! Empty
PostSubject: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Today I competed in the Bravos Throwdown Grappling Classic and won the 170 beginner division.

It was sub or be subbed system where subs get you 3 points, draws 1 point (run out of time), and getting subbed is 0 points.

I locked in a Americana w/ my legs from head and arm control (variation of side control), arm bar from the bottom, and a kirmura while I had a loose triangle.

Yeah it was just a small tourney in the beginner division, but ti feels good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Congrats bro.

What belt are you in bjj so far?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Congrats bro.

I haven't ever done a belt system, all no gi. But my trainer says I'm about a blue belt. I think he's full of shit.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Great Job! Where in Texas you from Farmer? Where was the tourney held? I been missing out on all the tourneys since I'm always traveling but good to hear your doing well. Who cares if its beginner you got to start somewhere right lol!
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:59 pm

I personally like gi BJJ way better. Have you tried it?
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:06 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Great Job! Where in Texas you from Farmer? Where was the tourney held? I been missing out on all the tourneys since I'm always traveling but good to hear your doing well. Who cares if its beginner you got to start somewhere right lol!

I'm from the Houston area, but live and train in College Station @ Texas A&M. The tourney was held in Bryan, TX (twin city w/ college station). It was a pretty good size tourney. We have people from Baylor University (Waco, TX); a gym in Austin, TX; a gym in Kileen, TX (near Fort Hood), and probably some more. It wasn't Naga (or however you spell it), but it was pretty good.

muayjitsu wrote:
I personally like gi BJJ way better. Have you tried it?

No I haven't. I might this summer. Still seeing how things work out.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Congrats bro, looked it up but couldn't find anything on it, it was in texas?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:13 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Congrats bro, looked it up but couldn't find anything on it, it was in texas?

Yeah.

Here is the website

http://www.brazosthrowdown.com/
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Hmm I train out of Harker Heights, Tx (sister city to Killeen/Ft hood). I wonder what gym from killeen was there most other gyms there train no gi I think ours is one of the only Gi BJJ places to train. Keep it up man and go Gi LOL!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 pm

muayjitsu wrote:
Hmm I train out of Harker Heights, Tx (sister city to Killeen/Ft hood). I wonder what gym from killeen was there most other gyms there train no gi I think ours is one of the only Gi BJJ places to train. Keep it up man and go Gi LOL!

Ummm... AFC (American Fight Company) I think.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Texas is getting more and more BJJ tourneys down here. We have Relson Gracie BJJ where im at.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Congrats bro.

I haven't ever done a belt system, all no gi. But my trainer says I'm about a blue belt. I think he's full of shit.

Do you think you would be higher than a blue belt or lower?

I got up to a blue belt before I had to leave my gym. Im still hoping I can get back into things but I gotta wait and see what my next couple paychecks look like.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
Congrats bro.

Do you think you would be higher than a blue belt or lower?

I got up to a blue belt before I had to leave my gym. Im still hoping I can get back into things but I gotta wait and see what my next couple paychecks look like.

Lower.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Well I dunno farmer, you won this tourney for your weight, you are probably better than you give credit for.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Today I competed in the Bravos Throwdown Grappling Classic and won the 170 beginner division.

It was sub or be subbed system where subs get you 3 points, draws 1 point (run out of time), and getting subbed is 0 points.

I locked in a Americana w/ my legs from head and arm control (variation of side control), arm bar from the bottom, and a kirmura while I had a loose triangle.

Yeah it was just a small tourney in the beginner division, but ti feels good. Very Happy

Were any of the chicks you subbed good looking? lol I couldn't pass it up. Congrats on the win and you have to start at the bottom to get going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:43 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Were any of the chicks you subbed good looking? lol I couldn't pass it up. Congrats on the win and you have to start at the bottom to get going anywhere.

Dude there were some legit chicks in the 155 division. One, that I train with some, subbed at least 1 guy and maybe more.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Dude there were some legit chicks in the 155 division. One, that I train with some, subbed at least 1 guy and maybe more.

Yeah a few might take me for real. I just can't pass up an opening like that.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Yo good job. My kid took silver in a beginner judo tournament a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Yo good job. My kid took silver in a beginner judo tournament a couple months ago.

Silver? I thought your kid was a prodigy beating kids twice his age and side?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 pm

congrats
the Nogs got a gym here in Dallas

Congrats you sound like a threat on the ground
let me know next time I wil come , youll have the loudest chearing section hahaha
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:49 am

Yo, he can't beat em all farmer.

I never said anything different about his last tournament. The kid who did beat him had like 30 or more pounds on him and was 10 or 11. Lately some of the kids closer to his size in the gym have begun figuring out how to beat him too, so now he wins as much as he loses in the gym battles Judowise. Sparring wise he is still winning gold anytime he fights and usually wins the in gym tournaments.

My kid can handle most kids who don't get boners yet as a general rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:57 am

Okay now kids and boners have been brought up. This needs to go in the trash forum. lol you perverts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I won my tourney!!!   I won my tourney!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I won my tourney!!!
Page 1 of 1