Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card Empty
PostSubject: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:40 pm

After weeks of doubt about the fighter's once-expected participation, Fedor Emelianenko will not, in fact, fight in April during Strikeforce's return to CBS airwaves.

According to a report from MMAFighting.com, M-1 officials today said at M-1 Selection Eastern European press conference that Emelianenko will fight Fabricio Werdum – but not until May.

Strikeforce officials have not confirmed plans for the April show, but as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported on Wednesday, it could move to Showtime (or be delayed altogether) now that Emelianenko won't be involved.

As part of his contract with Strikeforce, Emelianenko's fights have to air on CBS rather than its premium-cable partner, Showtime, which has a fraction of the audience.

If it does go on, Strikeforce's April show is likely to take place April 17 in Nashville, Tenn., though Tennessee Athletic Commission Executive Director Jeff Mullen told MMAjunkie.com the organization hasn't officially requested the date. A long-expected bout between Strikeforce middleweight champion Jake Shields and UFC veteran/recent signee Dan Henderson would likely take the event's headline slot, and a likely bout between Strikeforce 205-pound champ Gegard Mousasi and Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal could take the co-main-event slot.

Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz on Wednesday said the organization hopes to have the event details locked in by week's end.

As for Emelianenko's involvement, MMAjunkie.com reported on Wednesday that it had been downgraded from questionable to "unlikely." With M-1's confirmation that Emelianenko will fight in May, a recently rumored May DREAM meeting with Alistair Overeem now also would appear likely.

Emelianenko (32-1 MMA, 1-0 SF), a longtime PRIDE champion who made his Strikeforce debut with a November 2009 victory over Brett Rogers, and his M-1 management team previously mentioned Werdum (13-4-1 MMA, 2-0 SF) as the Russian's likely next opponent. The former UFC fighter is 2-0 in Strikeforce with wins over Mike Kyle and Antonio Silva.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18087/m-1-fedor-emelianenko-fighting-fabricio-werdum-in-may-off-planned-april-cbs-card.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm

So it could be Werdum or it could be Overeem?

Either opponent is good. Werdum has the best grappling pedigree in MMA right now while Overeem the best striking pedigree. Overeem also has the best suppliments.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:03 pm

It would be nice if Fedor starts fighting more. I could be wrong but it seems like he fights every 10 months to a year? I understand that it is important for him to be on CBS rather than Shotime though. Strikeforce is running the show good by not planning and rushing everything so fast. I need my Fedor fix is all I am saying.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Fedor also hurts his hands slamming them into men's faces at 200 mph.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Fedor sucks anyways, no big loss.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Yeah, when he landed that shot on Rogers, I told everyone in the room that he had to of broken his hand again. I'm glad he didn't this time.

Fedor's timelines drive me nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 pm

As long as Fedor is fit and healthy I am willing to wait.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:33 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
Yeah, when he landed that shot on Rogers, I told everyone in the room that he had to of broken his hand again. I'm glad he didn't this time.

He did hurt his hand...
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

He did hurt his hand...

Actually he did. Recently he was training to compete in the Russian Combat Sambo Championship and once again he injured his hand.

Aleks ended up winning it. He beat Baby Fedor in the finals. -

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:24 pm

excuses, excuses. He needs to fight more. I know he has injured his hand a few times, but that still doesn't count for all of the elapsed time between all f his fights the past three years. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am, but didn't he say he wanted to start fighting 2-3 times a year last year? I honestly can't remember if that was him or not.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Maybe he should throw his punch differently instead of hitting people with the index finger knuckle.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Maybe he should throw his punch differently instead of hitting people with the index finger knuckle.

didn't we say this last year also? Man this Fedor stuff is like Groundhog day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card   Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor fighting in May, Not on April's CBS Card
Page 1 of 1