Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mousasi Getting Upset

Go down 
+10
NoRegret
muayjitsu
timthebim
Andrew the Raider King
JimboJones1
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
ohiovol62
acccardinal12
Skyab23
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

Mousasi Getting Upset Empty
PostSubject: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

I can't wait until Mousasi shows him what fighting is all about. Gregard will finish it by early 2nd round if not the first.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Fedor would let all that trash talk roll off and say nothing. Guess Mousasi dosn't roll with him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
Fedor would let all that trash talk roll off and say nothing. Guess Mousasi dosn't roll with him anymore.

No way.

Fedor hears guys like Dana, Timmy(not anymore), Mir, and Lesnar run their mouth and wants to crush them. He just doesn't show it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

He doesn't seem too upset. He can handle it. King Mo is an unlikable guy at times for some, so I can see what he is saying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I can't wait until Mousasi shows him what fighting is all about. Gregard will finish it by early 2nd round if not the first.

haha ...I can't wait for this fight. Don't underestimate Lawal just because he is cocky. The funny thing is, he doesnt degrade his opponents, just boosts himself up, yet people hate him. All the while, guys like Diaz degrade their opponents constantly and get nothing but love from people. Anyway, a lot of people think Mousassi is going to destroy Lawal, and that won't happen. Similar to how people thought Marquardt would destroy Sonnen. I think most will be equally as shocked and disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

So M-1 wanted him to work for free? No wonder he left, especially after hanging with GSP who rolls to the nines all the way. I would be pissed and broke if I were him.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I don't blame him for leaving at all. I just kinda liked the idea of a fighter just as stoic as Fedor. Oh well, King Mo is an ass and he would get on my nerves too. Hope Mousasi doesn't let Mo get into his head. King Mo could be dangerious if Mousasi lets him
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Mo's response
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I like King Mo but also like Mousasi so I would just love to see the fight happen.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:50 pm

I got King Mo all the way.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm

you mean...King MOusasi lol

I dont see Mousasi losing that fight, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm not so sure. Mo has the skillset to give Mousasi problems here. Fantastic wrestling background + very heavy hands= Mousasi having to pick a poison. Not to mention the size advantage may play a factor here. Mousasi is far and away the more technical striker, but Mo has more than a punchers chance here.

Keep in mind that Mousasi just left M-1. He doesn't have the same training partners anymore, he now has to find somewhere else to train, other people to train with, and that could have a huge effect on him. I don't care who you are but you don't go from training with Fedor and Aleksander Emeilienanko to just anyone else and not having a few problems adjusting come fight night.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm

I just see King Mo crushing many of the man crushes people have developed on mousasi. I actually like both fighters, but as in most cases stills make fights. I also don't know who mousasi could train with to match Mo's wrestling, athleticism, strength, size, and shit talkin skillz LOL.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 pm

M-1 isn't a camp. He can still train with Fedor as long as he is still cool with reddevil, which I am sure he is. Plus, GSP, Freddie Roach and Ernesto Hoost, his other partners and trainers he has worked with, got nothing to do with M-1.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Wolf who are you picking in this fight just curious???
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Mousasi, but King Mo offers something in the way of a matchup problem for him. I just question Mo's experience.

Mousasi I believe Mousasi may have some vulnerability to strong American wrestlers, but especially greco fighters. Mo would be an issue, but a Dan Henderson would be a very very bad match to him.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Hendo is a bad match up for most people. I think Mo has the right confidence in order to nullify some of the inexperience jitters most people have. Plus he trains with animals.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mousasi, but King Mo offers something in the way of a matchup problem for him. I just question Mo's experience.

Mousasi I believe Mousasi may have some vulnerability to strong American wrestlers, but especially greco fighters. Mo would be an issue, but a Dan Henderson would be a very very bad match to him.

I'm with you on this Wolf
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Everyone has trouble with very good greco roman wrestlers, just like everyone has trouble with very good strikers or BJJ guys.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 am

Yes, farmer, obviously, but I am talking a specific vulnerability to upper-body throws and wrestling in general. European kickboxers, even ones with developed submission games are always weak this way and he has shown that in his fights, where muay Thai based fighters, especially of the Brazilian MT style, are less weak to this on average, much less American wrestler-strikers which make up the majority of the UFC's division.

Generally speaking, anyone with a strong takedown game, especially and upper body takedown game, like a Soko or Hendo, would pose a more interesting problem for Mousasi, IMO.

Farmer, think of this like an RPG. wrestler HP count as double against Mousasi. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:11 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Farmer, think of this like an RPG. wrestler HP count as double against Mousasi. Wink

BOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 am

King Mo will bring out the best in Mousasi.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Yes, farmer, obviously, but I am talking a specific vulnerability to upper-body throws and wrestling in general. European kickboxers, even ones with developed submission games are always weak this way and he has shown that in his fights, where muay Thai based fighters, especially of the Brazilian MT style, are less weak to this on average, much less American wrestler-strikers which make up the majority of the UFC's division.

Generally speaking, anyone with a strong takedown game, especially and upper body takedown game, like a Soko or Hendo, would pose a more interesting problem for Mousasi, IMO.

Who are these other European kickboxers that are especially weak?

After that are you saying Brazilian MT fighters are better against Greco? You need to work on that sentence structure.

Anyway I'm not disagreeing that Soko used his elite throws against Mousasi, but I don't see King Mo being able to do the same. Mo is a freestyle wrestler that likes to strike. That sounds a lot more like your "American wrestler-stiker" type.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Quote :
Who are these other European kickboxers that are especially weak?

After that are you saying Brazilian MT fighters are better against Greco? You need to work on that sentence structure.

Thanks teach, but what I was saying is MT from Brazil are not going to be as vulnerable in the clinch to takedowns as European kickboxers, much less American wrestler-strikers like Rampage, Rashad, Liddell, Couture(yes, look at his last ten fights) King Mo, Jon Jones, Keith Jardine, Dan Henderson ect.

Do you really need examples on European kickboxers weakness to takedowns farmer? This ain't your first rodeo partner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi Getting Upset   Mousasi Getting Upset Empty

Back to top Go down

Mousasi Getting Upset
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next