Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What will be the next big upset?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What will be the next big upset?  Empty
PostSubject: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Let's try to make it for main events, contenders or title fights. Doesn't have to be massive upsets. I think Mousasi over Gus would probably qualify and it's what I'll probably roll with.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Shamhalaev over Curran
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 pm

What will be the next big upset?  Sonnen-belt-2_large
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Ali* wrote:
What will be the next big upset?  Sonnen-belt-2_large
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 pm

What will be the next big upset?  Vince_McMahon
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Sonnen over Jones.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 pm

I honestly feel Sonnen won't be blown away by Jones, ultimately Bones will wear him down but I can see Chael giving Jon trouble during the first couple rounds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Ali* wrote:
I honestly feel Sonnen won't be blown away by Jones, ultimately Bones will wear him down but I can see Chael giving Jon trouble during the first couple rounds.
I don't think Chael has even the slightest hope of being competitive for even a second. He shouldn't be in this fight and I think it will show.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:48 pm

OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:
I don't think Chael has even the slightest hope of being competitive for even a second. He shouldn't be in this fight and I think it will show.

You say this about people you hate all the time and it never works out for you.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:52 pm

josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

I hate both Jones and Sonnen. It's not the hate, it's just the reality of this fight. Chael shouldn't be in this fight and he isn't a top 25 LHW and it will show.
I seriously don't think you fanboys think Chael stands a chance anyways. You guys are the one with biased view on this fight. Fuck em both.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Idk, but not Sonnen beating Jones lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:01 pm

What will be the next big upset?  6753

live dog right here.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:25 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

I hate both Jones and Sonnen. It's not the hate, it's just the reality of this fight. Chael shouldn't be in this fight and he isn't a top 25 LHW and it will show.
I seriously don't think you fanboys think Chael stands a chance anyways. You guys are the one with biased view on this fight. Fuck em both.

Not a top 25 LHW? Stop it. I still can't believe you thought Forrest was going to beat him. The guy who couldn't stop a double from Tito Ortiz in 2012
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

Not a top 25 LHW? Stop it. I still can't believe you thought Forrest was going to beat him. The guy who couldn't stop a double from Tito Ortiz in 2012
You mean the same Forrest that already holds a win against him? Yeah I'm pretty damn sure he would have won again. Remind me again who won that last Tito vs Forrest fight?
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

To be fair Forrest does hold a win over Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm

10 year old fights hold no relevance in MMA today. Forrest's defensive wrestling sucks and he would have been on his back for 15 minutes. I'm not betting on Griffin pulling a triangle on someone at this stage of the game

Last edited by bobbitt15 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Ali* wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali* wrote:

To be fair Forrest does hold a win over Sonnen.

To be fair Forrest actually has wins at LHW in the UFC and actually held a UFC title. He has accomplished much more then Chael Sonnen ever will in the UFC. It's also harder to sub Tito then it is Chael.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
10 year old fights hold no relevance in MMA today. Forrest's defensive wrestling sucks and he would have been on his back for 15 minutes. I'm not betting on Griffin pulling a triangle on someone at this stage of the game
I'm not betting on Sonnen not getting triangled at this stage in the game...It's not like Sonnen has any chance of finishing Forrest. Forrest can still sub Chael, his sub defense is still pretty shitty.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Is it still a weakness? Sure after this many years in the game that's against more elite BJJ guys which I don't believe Forrest to be by any stretch. Not to mention Sonnen even while preparing for retirement still has his head in the game more than Forrest who just wants to pick up a couple more paychecks
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

10 years on and Chael's submission defense is still poor.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:37 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Is it still a weakness? Sure after this many years in the game that's against more elite BJJ guys which I don't believe Forrest to be by any stretch. Not to mention Sonnen even while preparing for retirement still has his head in the game more than Forrest who just wants to pick up a couple more paychecks
Is it really that crazy to think Forrest could still beat him? WTF has Chael done that makes you think he is that much better then Forrest? Tito put Forrest on his back but still lost the fight. Like I said it's far more likely for Forrest to sub Chael again then it is to sub Tito. Forrest can still be competitive against guys that don't have KO power and Chael doesn't have KO power. Would you really be that shocked if Chael got sub'd again? Would you really be surprised if Forrest outworked Chael? You guys overrate Chael so much it's insane. When is the last time someone without KO power got the best of Forrest? He does very well vs guys that can't knock him out.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 pm

The only reason Forrest beat Tito the last two times they fought is because Tito's cardio has been atrocious for years. He was gassed after 3 minutes in that last fight

Chael would take him down repeatedly, Forrest couldn't hurt him in the time that it was on the feet. UD for the Darkside
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
The only reason Forrest beat Tito the last two times they fought is because Tito's cardio has been atrocious for years. He was gassed after 3 minutes in that last fight

Chael would take him down repeatedly, Forrest couldn't hurt him in the time that it was on the feet. UD for the Darkside

Again, when was the last time someone without KO power got the best of Forrest? Like I said he does very well vs guys that can't knock him out and you know damn well it wouldn't surprise you to see Forrest win that fight. He is game vs anyone at LHW that doesn't put him to sleep. I don't think anyone in the MMA World would be shocked by a Forrest win. Which is why your statement about how you "can't beleive someone would pick Forrest" is just silly and lame.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

It absolutely would shock me to see Forrest win that fight. He hasn't fought anyone like Chael other than maybe Tito and I saw enough in those fights to be very confident that Chael would take him down every round and win a decision
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
It absolutely would shock me to see Forrest win that fight. He hasn't fought anyone like Chael other than maybe Tito and I saw enough in those fights to be very confident that Chael would take him down every round and win a decision
LOL I'm the delusional one here? Sonnen is so overrated it's insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will be the next big upset?    What will be the next big upset?  Empty

Back to top Go down

What will be the next big upset?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next