Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
Cu Bu
Farmer1906
Bigs03
SOKO
LA
OU
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA Empty
PostSubject: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/2/15/1311561/dana-white-herschel-walker-in-the
"The whole Herschel Walker thing, listen I give the guy the props, he is almost 50 years old. He is still in great shape and he went out trained in mixed martial arts and he beat a guy who had no athletic ability, no stand up and no ground. You know what makes me crazy is the media attention it got. ESPN will cover Herschel Walker fighting when you got guys like George St. Pierre, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar and BJ Penn. All these great athletes that have been training for years and are the best in the sport and you are talking about Herschel Walker? You know what would happen to Herschel Walker over here? It would be the first death in MMA."

UFC President Dana White has a less-than-optimistic view on the chances of former football great Herschel Walker surviving in the UFC heavyweight division.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Well he certianly wouldn't be given some chump off the street like Nudge.

Walker is too small for HW regardless, a great first opponent for him would have been Houston.

Last edited by tolivendiewithLA on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

houston would of ko'd walker quick like atleast I would hope.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I have to agree with Dana on this one. Walker would get his ass handed to him by the very worst the UFC has to offer at HW.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Well he certianly would be given some chump off the street like Nudge.

Walker is too small for HW regardless, a great first opponent for him would have been Houston.

Could Walker take Kimbo?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:29 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Could Walker take Kimbo?

Nope, Ko'd
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:29 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Could Walker take Kimbo?

I wanna see it!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:31 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Could Walker take Kimbo?

Nope, Ko'd

Neither should be in the UFC. They both should have been in Hulk tourny fighting Bob Sapp.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

sapp kos both of them
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

I'm just saying that is where they belong, in Japan with the other "freakshows". They can fight Jose and Bob.

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

I think Walker would have trashed a lot of the dudes on this last season of TUF.

I can't fathom why people even feel the need to mention he wouldn't survive long against real HW's. That is implied from the get go. The sky is also blue, grass grows, and shit smells. As if Walker is a real fighter in the real HW division of the sport or something?

I guess people miss the point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I think Walker would have trashed a lot of the dudes on this last season of TUF.

I can't fathom why people even feel the need to mention he wouldn't survive long against real HW's. That is implied from the get go. The sky is also blue, grass grows, and shit smells. As if Walker is a real fighter in the real HW division of the sport or something?

I think Big Baby rips his arm off. We all saw what happened to him in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

I'm just saying that is where they belong, in Japan with the other "freakshows". They can fight Jose and Bob.

Why though, these are the only fighters that get coverage right now and we've established they really don't cause any true harm to the growth of the sport?

Why can't they fight in America if people want to see them?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

Why though, these are the only fighters that get coverage right now and we've established they really don't cause any true harm to the growth of the sport?

They can, as soon as FOX puts on "Celebrity MMA".
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:49 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

"we all saw what happened to him in the UFC"

Fights "in the UFC" don't have some intrinsic deeper value to them. Just because it's THE UFC doesn't mean the fights are always going to be tougher.

and no we really didn't, we saw what happened to him when he fought another freakshow former NFL player off the show. He lost to Meathead the whiney guy who faked injuries and stuff, the former Viking set to fight Kimbo in the UFC's freakshow division.

At 47 Hershel is still probably a better athlete than these clowns and he has been training martial arts his whole life. Walker could at least hang with or outright beat nearly anyone of the former NFL bunch on this last season of TUF. None of these dudes had any cardio at all. Walker's is great.

Yo, if we gotta believe that at 47 Randy is still competitive with young guys due to being Randy the freak, then we gotta believe Walker's superior athleticism at 47 is still competitive against some mid-30s ex NFL scrubs with similar or less experience.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

Yo why the double standard? The UFC hosts a show full of a bunch of washed up NFL rejects and Kimbo and these guys are "earning their place" where Canseco and Walker belong on celebrity MMA?

Ya I donno man.

People give the UFC too many passes.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

He might be a better athlete, but that doesn't mean he's a better fighter. Did you really even watch him fight? I'd take Baby or Mitrione over him.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

Yo why the double standard? The UFC hosts a show full of a bunch of washed up NFL rejects and Kimbo and these guys are "earning their place" where Canseco and Walker belong on celebrity MMA?

Ya I donno man.

That was the first time the UFC ever deviated from their original TUF model by brings in the ex-football players. That ended up giving true fighters more credabiltiy, because the most talented fighter with the most experience cruised to become TUF.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

"we all saw what happened to him in the UFC"

Fights "in the UFC" don't have some intrinsic deeper value to them. Just because it's THE UFC doesn't mean the fights are always going to be tougher.

and no we really didn't, we saw what happened to him when he fought another freakshow former NFL player off the show. He lost to Meathead the whiney guy who faked injuries and stuff, the former Viking set to fight Kimbo in the UFC's freakshow division.

At 47 Hershel is still probably a better athlete than these clowns and he has been training martial arts his whole life. Walker could at least hang with or outright beat nearly anyone of the former NFL bunch on this last season of TUF. None of these dudes had any cardio at all. Walker's is great.

Yo, if we gotta believe that at 47 Randy is still competitive with young guys due to being Randy the freak, then we gotta believe Walker's superior athleticism at 47 is still competitive against some mid-30s ex NFL scrubs with similar or less experience.

I know and you know that I know. Enough said on that.
Comparing Randy to Walker isn't fair, MMA has been Randy's life for years and years.
I don't really get your post, what is the point? Just trying to argue today? Reaching a bit?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Walker would smoke those dudes on tuf

Similar skillsets, but Walker is the better athlete.

What was all that "I know you know I know" stuff supposed to mean?

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Cu Bua wrote:
sapp kos both of them

Ya I donno man.

You are on an anti-UFC run today. UFC didn't have only washed up NFL players, some of them where just bust who never had a career. Most of them were not that old.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Walker would smoke those dudes on tough.

Similar skillsets, but Walker is the better athlete.

What was all that "I know you know I know" stuff supposed to mean?

What was all the "UFC doesn't mean its a tough fight"? Didn't we already have a similar discussion not too long ago? You know I'm not some UFC hugger. I'm just saying no shit Captian Obvious.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

What did you see from Walker against one of the biggest chumps I've ever seen compete in MMA, that leads you to believe he could beat some of those guys?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:11 pm

cardio. Those TUF clowns are hands in their pockets mouth breathing tired by the first minute mark of round 2.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey if Brendan Shaub from the final was an NFL guy though, I'd take him over Walker. He might have potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA   Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana: Walker in UFC would be 1st death in MMA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next