Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?

Go down 
+12
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
LA
OU
MMAEYES
crazzycat
Bigs03
Farmer1906
ohiovol62
oggy420
timthebim
bobbitt15
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm

I have no problems with movies that criticize society or just try to give us some creativity not normally seen in most movies. But IMO a movie like Watchmen did a great job keeping me in the story while The Village had me fighting the urge to face palm by the min.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I suppose most didn't get the village. They were waiting the entire time for a monster to kill someone and when the ending was just a bunch of cooks in a forest park they totally missed what the director was saying.

No, it's nobody gave a fuck what he had to say. They go to the cinemas to escape reality not be given a lesson about it.

Escapist consumerist mentality. So damaging. And they don't go to escape. They go to be secretly reaffirmed that their beliefs and morals are ok and everything is peachy keen. When that doesn't happen, especially without teenagers fucking and then being killed, they don't what to think. With as much of a lynyrd skynyrd "Simpleman" archetype as you are I'd actually think you'd appreciate "The Village", especially with all your "Science was created to destroy faith" insulting/damaging babble.

So you know for what reason everyone goes to the movies? I didn't know you can read minds now. What other powers do you have?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Yo didn't you just say people go to movies to escape? Like, literally a post ago? Does muhommad give you mind reading powers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:58 pm

I got the Village, still didn't like it

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Typical pathetic Wolf. Can't handle an argument so resorts to insults. Proves what a dumb fuck he is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:00 pm

LA wrote:

Did you like Watchmen?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:00 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Typical pathetic Wolf. Can't handle an argument so resorts to insults. Proves what a dumb fuck he is.

Ironic considering how insulting you get so quickly into debates. Arguments don't work on you anyway.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Did you like Watchmen?

Fuck yeah, I talked it up a lot on here a while ago
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Ironic considering how insulting you get so quickly into debates. Arguments don't work on you anyway.

When have I ever taken it personal with anyone?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:04 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Did you like Watchmen?

Same here. Loved Watchmen. Hated The Village. One would make my top 5 and the other my bottom 5.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 pm

The village wasn't spectacular but the hate for it is just strange to me.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The village wasn't spectacular but the hate for it is just strange to me.

See now that is strange to me. I'm shocked you are defending that movie. It has nothing to do with "not getting it" and more just not feeling it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Did you like Watchmen?

Same here. Loved Watchmen. Hated The Village. One would make my top 5 and the other my bottom 5.
Watchmemn was the shit. I avoided the Village after one of my buddies said it was worse than cast away.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey Wolf, you ever read the book "The Giver" when you were younger?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Rorschach is the man, that'd be a good costume for me this year actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

OU wrote:
Everyone of out 9th graders have to read that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

9th grade? I read that in both 6th and 7th grade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:15 pm

OU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OU wrote:

9th grade? I read that in both 6th and 7th grade.
It might be in 8th. I know they have to read it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:16 pm

We didn't read the Giver here I don't think. I'd remember because I seem to be the only one half the time who can reference the books we read in Jr High.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:17 pm

I read The Giver, not sure what grade.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
We didn't read the Giver here I don't think. I'd remember because I seem to be the only one half the time who can reference the books we read in Jr High.

Seems like a book you would support.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Have you ever heard of the book or know what it is about?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Isn't it the book this movie knocked off?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Isn't it the book this movie knocked off?

No, it's not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver
The Giver is a 1993 soft science fiction novel by Lois Lowry. It is set in a future society which is at first presented as a utopian society and gradually appears more and more dystopian. The novel follows a boy named Jonas through the twelfth year of his life. The society has eliminated pain and strife by converting to "Sameness", a plan which has also eradicated emotional depth from their lives. Jonas is selected to inherit the position of "Receiver of Memory," the person who stores all the memories of the time before Sameness, in case they are ever needed to aid in decisions that others lack the experience to make. When Jonas meets the Giver, he is confused in many ways. The Giver is also able to break some rules, such as turning off the speaker and locking his door. As Jonas receives the memories from the previous receiver—the "Giver"—he discovers the power of knowledge. The people in his community are happy because they don't know of a better life but the knowledge of what they are missing out on could create chaos. He faces a dilemma: Should he stay with the community, his family living a shallow life without love, color, music and knowledge or should he run away to where he can live a full life?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Sounds cool. Similar premise to a lot of anti-communist type fiction. Notice a parallel to the creation myth.

As the Great Morbid Angel once said "Forgive me not, this knowledge makes me strong"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?   What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Walked Out Of ?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next