Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him Empty
PostSubject: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm

In effect admitting he's looking for easier guys to fight? Shocking...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Sounds random to me. I think it would have been a decent match up. Stevenson is a solid wrestler with decent boxing. His sub defense would need some work if he wanted to lst vs Aoki though. I'd actually rather see him fight Nate. Hell I just want to see him fight any of the top 10 UFC LWs.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Ya cause Joe Stevenson is a total bum right. That's not what he's admitting at all.

Aoki is one of those fighters who people nitpick to death over random nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:39 pm

well its quite random to call out Stevenson off all people?

wolffy if you want me to talk up aoki it wud have to be him saying he wants to take on the winner of Penn-Florian..instead its Stevenson haha
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Ya cause Joe Stevenson is a total bum right. That's not what he's admitting at all.

Whoa... Touch a nerve Wolfy? Like Cain Fan said, if he wants to call people out, let him call out someone currently relevant or top-10. At this point, I'm not sure Joe's in the UFC top-10... geek
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Aoki is a warrior dude. Look at how many times and all the top names in his fight record last year alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:51 am

Aoki will never come to the usa. Such a ground wizard but his overall game sucks. If he came to the the states i say drop a weightclass and go to 145.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:09 am

He's a pretty tall LW. I'm not sure he makes 145.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 am

Miguel is tall for his weight class and fights at 135. But your right japanese fighters dont really cut weight.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:09 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Whoa... Touch a nerve Wolfy? Like Cain Fan said, if he wants to call people out, let him call out someone currently relevant or top-10. At this point, I'm not sure Joe's in the UFC top-10... geek

you can still me spurs or IHTS...

and aoki is great but this is just confuses me.. it would be like Fedor saying he is hoping Junior Dos Santos loses next so he could fight him next. Dos Santos is a good prospect but it wud be random in the same case with aoki bringing up stevenson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him   Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him Empty

Back to top Go down

Aoki wanted Stevenson to lose to Diaz so the UFC would cut him
Page 1 of 1