Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc Empty
PostSubject: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

He always says this. I'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 pm

hope it happens and we get him vs Rampage
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:37 am

Quote :
Considered one of the best light heavyweight fighters in the MMA for many years, Ricardo Arona is recovering from a knee injury, suffered in his last fight against Marvin Eastman. “I’m doing physical therapy, taking care of my knee. I hope I’ll be fully recovered by June and I’ll be back to fights in September or October”, Arona said. “The recovery is really well”.

But if you think Ricardo is only taking care of the injury you’re wrong. Focused on a great return, the former Pride fighter is negotiating to make the return in an international event, and it’ll probably be in the UFC. “I stopped (the negotiations) because of the injury, but some things happened, some managers called me with some projects I’ll release soon, but I’m sure I’ll be back in an international event”.

Asked is this return would be in the UFC, Arona confirmed. “I can’t talk about this project right now, but there’s a connection between me and the UFC now, something concrete that I didn’t have before. My return will be in the end of the year and will be in the UFC”, Arona revealed, exclusively to TATAME.com. “I’ll be worried about my performance, my knee and my body. I wanna do my best in every fight. I’m used to big competition like the UFC, I wanna be ready
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 am

Nice, he's still pretty young, hopefully he can return to form.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

Jesus I hope not. No lay n pray please.

Arona is done anyway. No confidence he will be back. This isn't like Little Nog where he did take a year off after the Soko knockout, retooled and came back to string together five great fights under the radar. He had one fight where he blew his knee against an over the hill Middleweight.

As a former Pride supporter I'll be the first one cheering for him if he does come to the UFC, but I have zero faith in that and I see no reason the UFC would offer him much money other than to milk whatever name he does have for hardcore and international value. He isn't a draw and isn't exciting.

He has "been in talks" with the UFC and straight up said he is going there before. It never happens. I call BS Hickaro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc   Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricardo Arona in talks with Ufc
Page 1 of 1