Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?

Go down 
+3
ohiovol62
Bigs03
Farmer1906
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? Empty
PostSubject: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:57 pm

"In November my second fight for Strikeforce will take place but my opponent has not been determined. I heard some rumors like Kevin Randleman, Paulo Filho and Mike Whitehead. Whitehead would be the most logical pick because he recently won against Randleman. I’ve also heard a rumor that Arona is fighting again and it would be great if Strikeforce can pick him up. We can use a new light heavyweight fighter."

"... I know that the best fighters in my weight fight in the UFC but I’m still young and very happy with Strikeforce as a company. I’ve signed a contract with them and I will fight the fights they give me."

"There are so many things possible in a short time, maybe I lose two times and the UFC doesn’t want me at all. That’s why I focus on one fight at a time. My goal in the future is of course to become UFC champion but I’m not in a rush. I’m happy with Strikeforce now and that’s the most important things. I’m now champion and want to defend with honor and dignity. It’s up to fighters like Fedor, Alistair and me to show great fights and make Strikeforce look good. I still believe Strikeforce is the company with the most growth potential. By the way maybe the UFC champions will come to Strikeforce and challenges us for the belt (laughs)."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/28/1058728/gegard-mousasi-talks-about-his

Neutral

You see this face? This is the face of zero excitement. No I do not want to see Mousasi smash old ass Randleman or average Whitehead. I do not weight to see an already chubby Fihlo at MW move up to LHW to get TKO by Mousasi's hands. I see some potential in an Arona fight, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Mousasi said it himself the best fighters are in the UFC and Mousasi needs to come challenge Hendo, Rashad, Anderson, Lil Nog, Machida, & Forrest!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:00 pm

I hope he fights Filho just to shut his mouth.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Please God no "Lay n Pray" Arona. If this fight happens, Arona will have a couple takedowns, sit on him for a couple hours, and lose the decision. Then in 10 years when Mousasi is 50-2, nerds will say he should be 49-3. jk lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I say Filho is the best option. He has a great record and his mouth has built up this potential matchup enough that a lot of people want to see it, if only to see Filho shut his mouth. Plus, a motivated Filho, not the Filho who fought Sonnen or his last fight at Bitetti is actually an interesting matchup.

Randleman= no go. He should not be option before Mike Whitehead because Whitehead dominated him and if i'm not mistaken, Randleman is likely to be fighting King Mo that same month is Sengoku.

Arona looked too rusty vs. Marvin Eastman. I don't think he's ready or willing to put himself against an opponent of Mousasi's caliber just yet.

Whitehead would be a good matchup for Mousasi's first title defense. It is an undercard fight and Whitehead is a legit opponent that would bring wrestling to the table, which is something Mousasi has not really encountered yet, atleast not at the level of Whitehead's wrestling. Mousasi mainly fights Jiu-Jitsu and Judo guys, or strikers with no ground game period. So it's actually a pretty big test for Mousasi. So, outside of the Filho matchup, i'd be interested in Mousasi-Whitehead.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Filho really. Only because of the shit talking. It's made heat where little fire seems to exist for Mousassi's possible matchups.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:29 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Filho really. Only because of the shit talking. It's made heat where little fire seems to exist for Mousassi's possible matchups.

Well Filho did catch Manhoef who is a damn good opponent for anyone.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 am

rematch bs Babalu? jk but even after getting destroyed by Gegard he is still the best challenger in the SF stable.

I find Arona the most interesting in the group named. Fihlo? The guy looked horrible at 185 the last couple times we've seen him. Now the already short for 185 Paulo is making the move to 205? Not that interested myself. Would rather see Whitehead.

yeah 205 is by far SF's weakest division, and that is unfortunate considering they have such a great talent there.

While he does say his ultimate goal is to win the UFC belt, he does leave the door open to hanging with SF, and carrying their flag, if they can get some talent in there for him to fight.

SF better get to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?   Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mousasi vs Fihlo, Randleman, Whitehead, Arona?
Page 1 of 1