Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat Empty
PostSubject: Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat   Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:19 pm

The organization of Bitetti Combat confirms another big name in an event that promises to shake the Maracanãzinho, in Rio de Janeiro, on September 12. Paulo Filho, Paulão, who fighted at Pride and WEC, is guaranteed in the card.

"I congratulate the whole organization for this opportunity. MMA was established here many years ago by the Gracie family, we're the best in the world in this sport and we do not have as much recognition here in our country as we do outside. In the U.S., the UFC is a big and profitable success, and I never knew why this kind of event never happened here. If we have the best athletes, nothing more fair then to have a big event here as well", said the fighter.

On the terrace of the building in Copacabana, Paulão completed the training for his next challenge, on day 20, for Dream, when he will face Melvin Manhoef. However, the black-belt already knows who he will face in the brazilian organization: the American Alex Shonawer, student of the black-belt Sérgio Penha. "I believe the American is from another fighting discipline, he cannot be better than me in Jiu-Jitsu. I gotta know right now what are his qualities, study them, and along with my technical team (Josuel Distak, Amaury Bitetti and master Oswaldo Alves), outline a strategy and make him fight as uncomfortable as possible. Hope I do good for me and don’t let him do good for himself", examined.

Away from the rings since November 2008, when he suffered the first defeat of his career and stopped to address depression related problems, Paulada said of a great desire to fight again in Brazil. The fighter expects the Bitetti Combat to show the strength of MMA for the Brazilians. "I hope MMA is here to stay, to take away the negative impression that some people have and to value those who train to fight with gladiators who also are preparing to fight over a ring with rules and for money," ended. Other fights confirmed for the event are among the champion of Fury FC, Leandro Batata, and Cassiano Tytschyo, and the fight between Miranda Vitor and Fabio Maldonado.

COMPLETE CARD (subject to change):

Bitetti Combat 4
Marcanãzinho, Rio de Janeiro
Saturday, September 12, 2009

- Ricardo Arona will face Marvin Eastman;
- Paulo Filho will face Alex Shonawer;
- Rogério Minotouro faces Stiebling Alex;
- Jeff Monson will faces Pedro Rizzo;
- Glover Teixeira against Leonardo Chocolate;
- Milton Vieira x Luciano Azevedo;
- Chocolate faces Eduardo Henrique Pamplona;
- Alexandre flea vs Yzzy Luciano;
- Vitor Miranda faces Fabio Maldonado;
- Leandro Batata faces Tytschyo Cassiano.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat   Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 pm

That is a surprisingly decent card.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat   Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:18 pm

This is the most stacked Brazilian card I can remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat   Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:11 pm

very good card..read somewhere it wasnt going to be televised here in the states? you know anything about that ninja?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat   Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat Empty

Back to top Go down

Paulão (Arona, Minotouro, Monson, Rizzo, Eastman...) confirmed in Bitetti Combat
Page 1 of 1