Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The lock of the weekend?

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
oggy420
Farmer1906
timthebim
9 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

The lock of the weekend? Empty
PostSubject: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I was just looking at the lines on the playoff games this weekend and was wondering what every1 thinks is the lock of the weekend? U got the Colts giving the Ravens 6 points, Chargers giving the Jets 7.5, Vikings giving the Cowboys 3, and Saints giving the Cardinals 7.5. Some interesting spreads I think but the 1 that I think is the closest to a lock is the Chargers over the Jets. The Chargers dont turn the ball over and I believe they will put a ton of pressure on Sanchez to drive the whole field. Rivers is hot and at home with Sproles and LT in the backfield I think they will keep the Jets defense honest and I think the Chargers win 31-20.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Put your money on the Chargers
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:19 am

and lose your money on the Chargers
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 am

I'd have to say SD. They've blown so many playoff games over the last few years I just can't see them coming out with anything other than a sense of urgency that they have to stomp on the Jets starting with the opening kick. I definitely don't think either of the NFC games are anything close to a lock. Indy is a little closer but they haven't played a full game in quite a while and Balt has plenty of confidence right now
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 am

no locks this week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:26 am

Chargers are gonna win.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 pm

you guys do realize that San Diego gives up 120 rushing yards a game right? And the Jets are the number 1 rushing team.... and the best pass defense.... so if you feel comfortable calling that a lock then....umm sure.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm

best chances of winning IMO
1. Chargers(sorry Oggy)
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Cowboys/Vikes toss up(Go Cowboys!)
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Of course no games are locks, but SD is the hottest team. They're damn good. They've won like 11 games in a row. Revis is the best and can lock down Jackson, but there is no one to match up with Gates. Not even close. Plus the Chargers use Sproles's pass catching abilities out of the back field and in the slot.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:52 pm

I guess im most comfortable with SD but its not a lock. Im nervous for my Vikings, Cowboys are playing some damn good football.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Its almost unanimous for the Chargers.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 4:20 am

We sgtill got thatav bet right OG
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 am

The lock of the weekend both to cover and to out right win is clearly the Colts imo. The match up between the Chargers and Jets I have looked into more and feel the offensive line play of the Jets could be an issue for San Diego if they can keep Rivers off the feild.

Jets are still a heavy underdog though. Both AFC games are lightweight mismatches on paper compared to the coin flip NFC matches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 10:36 am

The Colts better not over look the ravens at all. What they did to New england last week was sick. If the ravens jump out to a fast start the Colts could be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 am

New England had a lot of trouble this year on defense and couldn't stay on the feild when they were there due to turn overs. Manning's year and surrounding cast are heads above New England's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

Agreed but anytime u shut Brady and Moss down the way they did there confidence must be sky high. They also had a great opportunity to beat the Colts earlier this year when it still mattered. 17-15 was the score and the Ravens was in fg range when Flacco was picked off. I am with u I do think the Colts will win but it will be a very tough game for them to win especially if the Ravens get off to a good start with ray Rice running the ball.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:59 pm

So much for the lock of the weekend lol. The 2 smartest people in the world are Rex Ryan and oggy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The lock of the weekend?   The lock of the weekend? Empty

Back to top Go down

The lock of the weekend?
Page 1 of 1