Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
ohiovol62
MMAEYES
ram_escandon
timthebim
Bigs03
OU
11 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? Empty
PostSubject: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

Who had the more impressive performance last night?

Who is more deserving of a title shot right now?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 am

Both had nice wins last night, I was really impressed with Mike Brown's control on the ground. Both guys showed good confidence.
IMO though Brown should get a shot before Faber. He did beat Faber twice, Faber already got the fast track to his rematch with Brown, Brown should get the first crack at the belt in my opinon. I know Faber is the more popular guy but is he more deserving?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 am

Faber, Aldo beat Brown soundly and the reason Faber got an immediate rematch is because he held the belt for so long IMO.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah i think faber just because I think in his second fight he would have beaten Brown if his hands werent hurt. He also puts asses in the seats which is always a plus to get a title match.
Back to top Go down
ram_escandon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ram_escandon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Frank Mir, BJ Penn, Wandy, Matt Serra

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Faber, but only so that WEC could have a valid reason for setting up Brown vs. Faber III.(If Faber were to beat Aldo, of course)
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:54 pm

I agree with Sooner that Brown is more deserving but I understand why they gave Faber this fight. He's way more popular than Brown and they need the hype because this will be on the first wec ppv right?
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:14 pm

I say Faber simply because Aldo shit canned Brown. Matchup might actually be better for Faber than Brown. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

I agree with a lot of what has been said here. Faber deserves the shot immediately.

Faber got the fast track rematch after he beat a previous title contender who at the time was still seen as a top fighter in Jens (even if he has hit the wall since the first Faber fight, the last time he wasn't embarrassed), was the previous champion that reigned the division nationwide for many years and the face of the promotion. In addition to his WEC run which was long and distinquished, he held two other titles at 145 in GC and KOTC where he defended them several times each against the best fighters you could find outside of shooto including Babiano Fernandes among others. To not get long winded, Faber simply deserved a fast track rematch more than Brown, who 'only' defended twice.

Granted, one of the defenses was against the legend of Urijah Faber, but many, myself included, saw two very different fights unfolding there at once. Yes Brown deserved the win, but in reality Faber was on his way to a TKO until he lost both hands.

Also, their first fight was seen as a fluke by many. Aldo's win over Brown wasn't flukish as feeling as Brown over Faber felt. Personally I didn't think it was much of a fluke, but that is a factor as well. Brown was just beaten down on the ground where he is strongest, by Aldo.

In addition to all of that, while Brown and Faber both looked impressive, but Faber was facing a high level black belt who he submitted, who also happened to be a top ten ranked fighter. Brown's win is great, but isn't worth as much since he was as much as a -1500 favourite and never lower than a -800 favourite and his opponent wasn't a ranked one. Urijah's win was flat out better.

Ultimately, at worst Faber is the third best FW fighter in the world, the face of the promotion, a future HoF'r and bluntly, puts more asses in more seats than anyone else in the promotion by a large margin.

Brown should fight no more than one other fighter and be given a shot though. He is the immediate next step should Faber win. He himself is also no worse than third best in the world, has two wins over Faber, and just steam rolled a younger faster version of himself.

This is one of the best divisions in the whole sport right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Can Wolfy ever post something without typing a report?

Faber should get it cause he beat a top 5 guy, but MTB is a better fighter
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Brown will beat Faber a third time if they fight again....Brown is just better, but Faber is the WEC poster boy and Brown just fought Aldo and lost. Easy decision for the title fight: to see what Faber can do against Aldo. Aldo by KO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm

thome never breaks fights down without using basic who beat who mma math.

Ya, I thought that myself LA. Not my fault if I put more thought into things than the average person who can only muster a one liner and has no basis for the opinion they themself hold.

How many times will we see ;

Wolf : "random novel about some fight match up breakdown using logic and thought, be it right or wrong"

Someone I bashed once : "No, ur stupid, he wins, hes better, ur opinion sucks"

Wolf : "why?"

Someone I bashed once : "um because he is, i donno, shut up ur mean to everyone nobody likes u"
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Faber dominated the better fighter, but Mike did what he had to
I have Brown 2 but think it only makes sense for them to have Faber go fight Aldo
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
thome never breaks fights down without using basic who beat who mma math.

Ya, I thought that myself LA. Not my fault if I put more thought into things than the average person who can only muster a one liner and has no basis for the opinion they themself hold.

How many times will we see ;

Wolf : "random novel about some fight match up breakdown using logic and thought, be it right or wrong"

Someone I bashed once : "No, ur stupid, he wins, hes better, ur opinion sucks"

Wolf : "why?"

Someone I bashed once : "um because he is, i donno, shut up ur mean to everyone nobody likes u"

Based on this, I think deep down you miss our exchanges. I'm cringing and a bit uncomfortable in my chair as I type this... Sad truth is I've been finding myself in agreement with you on just about every meaningful topic (As pertains to this board) in recent memory (For someone my age, isn't too long). Question is are you tightening up a bit, maturing and taking a more serious stance due to your recent life commitments, or am I becoming a little less mature bordering on senility or worse, dimentia?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

hahaha, perhaps we are meeting in the middle.

Ya, while LA, Bigs, oggy, and farmer and others are cool guys with some fight knowledge, they really can't compete with our battles in terms of depth, and certainly not in terms of petty insults and blistering witticisms. Not that these guys couldn't hang eventually ;

LA could if he put the weed down.

Bigs could if he wasn't a queer into Texas.

Oggy could if he stopped melting his brain with jayz and put the weed down.

Farmer could if he picked the weed up, stopped fucking his sister, and put the bible and hootch down.

It would also help if they knew anything about fighting or sports...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

joking btw friends...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Most of the time I neither feel like reading nor taking the time to respond to ur essay's, u end up being wrong in the long-run a lot of the time too.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

ya, there have been a lot of arguments where I had to type the same thing three times before you eventually even understood what I was saying. Like going around and around with my seven year old. Anyway, I am usually right, no less than anyone else here and certainly more often than nearly anyone.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm

I didn't know if you were simply ignoring all the points you have no answer for and don't like because of it or if it was basic stoner lazyness. Now I know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?   Mike Brown or Urijah Faber? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Brown or Urijah Faber?
Page 1 of 1