Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division

Go down 
+7
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
oggy420
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
LA
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division Empty
PostSubject: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 am

I'd wouldn't mind seeing Rashad at MW, yeah he's like 18-1-1at LHW and top 10, but I'd love to see him against Nate, Vitor and then maybe Anderson although that would end badly.

Nate Diaz, I'd like to see him back on 20 lbs of muscle and move up to WW, will it be any easier on him, no, but he looks too skinny at LW.

Anderson full time at LHW
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:55 am

Fedor Emelianenko moves down to 205

Rashad Evans moves down to 185

Rampage Jackson moves up to HW

BJ Penn back up to 170

GSP up to 185

Urijah Faber moves up to 155
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 am

Love Fedro, but he'll never do it, because he doesn't have to, but always wondered.

Did Faber fight Griffin at 155?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Love Fedro, but he'll never do it, because he doesn't have to, but always wondered.

Did Faber fight Griffin at 155?

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:01 am

BJ Penn due to lack of a real threat. I don't see him ever beating GSP but I think fights against guys like Alves and Kos would be pretty entertaining. He will clown stomp everyone in the UFC LW division. A fight with Aoki someday would atleast give him the #2 guy but I think he would beat him down rather easily personally

Jake Shields down to WW combined with a move to the UFC

Anderson up to LHW provided that he beats Vitor

Faber/Aldo up to 155
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:02 am

Yeah Sheilds belongs at WW, think he was just fighting at 185 out of lack of challengers at WW and 185 not being strong at the time, with Nick being able to step in.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Nate Diaz has said that he eventually will move up to WW, but probably not anytime soon. He also said he would never fight Bj Penn for the belt out of respect for him since he and nick have trained with Bj recently. But he said he thinks he has a better shot at winning the lw belt after Bj leaves the division then to move up to ww.

I think Tyson Griffin should move down to 145 just to add more depth to that division.
Jake Shields to 170 but i understand why he did move up but he doesn't belong there.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:26 pm

BJ up to WW. Spider to LHW. AA is LHW.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:33 pm

AA way too big for LHW. His body type makes people think he's a large LHW type HW ala Fedor and Couture, but look how huge he was compared to Fedor.

Tyson I don't think could ever get back down to 145. I want all the 45'rs to stay where they are, but I'd like a couple UFC LW's to go down there, specifically Edgar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:12 pm

I'd like to see Lawler back to WW, Kid to BW, & Torres to FW.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Kid to BW would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Im def on the Nate should move up bandwagon.

Might be a little too late but I'd like to see Cro Cop take a shot at 205.

Soku should try shedding some muscle drop to 185 and see if that helps his power and stamina.

SF hwy Abongo Humpries looked way small, but fairly descent vs Big Brett, hasnt fought since, but he is featured on SF's site, but I think he may be better off moving down.

GSP up just to see him fight Spider.

Spider up to see him fight Rua, win or lose in the Machida rematch it's worth it. And of coarse if Fedor does come to the UFC Spider vs Fedor would be epic.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Uh, Rumble to MW comes to mind? Maybe you guys are talking about Big name guys? Lol'd at thinking of a skinny and ripped Fedor at 205.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Imagine how fast Fedor would be at LHW? There is always the risk that against LHW's he'd be more normal in his speed due to not fighting big oafs like Tim and Rogers, but I still think he is fast enough to compete with the most elite LHW's.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Imagine how fast Fedor would be at LHW? There is always the risk that against LHW's he'd be more normal in his speed due to not fighting big oafs like Tim and Rogers, but I still think he is fast enough to compete with the most elite LHW's.

Scary to think what one of Fedor's big overhand rights would do to a LHW. I'd foresee lots of dude's laid out twitching.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I would like to see Thiago Alves make the healthier move to MW.
I would like to see Tyson Griffin move to FW, I would love to see a rematch with Faber(me and Bigs have talked about this a couple times).
I would like to see Torres put on 10lbs and move up to FW.
I would like to see Rampage at HW. He could get up to 240 easy.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

I would like to see Faber go down. He isn't to tall but plenty wide.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division   Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters you'd want to see go up or down a Division
Page 1 of 1