Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arlovski is back in the UFC

Go down 
+5
Primetyme199
Hitman
jewzilla
timthebim
KingsOwn19
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Arlovski is back in the UFC Empty
PostSubject: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:16 pm

Finally..i'm sensing a second wind. He's no geezer and the division is shallow. Time to wreck some motherfuckers.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Wonder who his first fight will be against?
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Schaub
Back to top Go down
Hitman
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Always been a fan. I hope he goes on a winning streak.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:34 pm

I don't think he will. That chin won't hold up but I'm glad he is back.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 pm

timthebim wrote:
I don't think he will. That chin won't hold up but I'm glad he is back.

This.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Arlovski should do fine, he could even run back into the top ten with a win or two.  He has the talent to make waves, always has.  I don't see him beating some of the better boxers though, but he'll keep any fight, except probably a Velasquez fight, on the feet, he's never been one to be taken down.

His chin should hold up the same as every other HW in the UFC, which is not at all if he gets punched hard enough in the right spot.  If we are discussing the "chin" myth, which HW actually has a good chin?  Every fighter, especially in the bigger divisions, is a knockout victim waiting to happen, there are no chins in MMA more powerful then well landed HW strikes, or LHW or MW strikes and more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Nah man...AA doesn't have a chin. This is a joke right?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 pm

I think the joke is buying into the idea that guys chins are somehow more powerful then HW punches.

By the whole chin logic, nobody in MMA has a chin.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:35 am

What if I was to tell you AA has a tendency to chinbutt opponents only to knock himself out cold. Whatcha have to say about that?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 1:49 pm

What if I told you AA never got one punch KO'd by a MW like Mark Hunt has, and that AA has a better chin then Hunt since only HWs have ever managed to KO AA?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Saw this earlier today and thought we'll he's. Gone 6-1 but man cutting guys like Okami and Fitch and Shields then signing Atlovski is kind of odd. But I'm sure the contract makes sense and he is a former champ in a weak division
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Remember what everyone's thoughts were when Mark Hunt forced his way into the UFC
Just saying stranger things have happened
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 3:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think the joke is buying into the idea that guys chins are somehow more powerful then HW punches.

By the whole chin logic, nobody in MMA has a chin.

i agree that fighters get written off as having 'no chin' too easily.

you get the odd freak of nature with an unbelievable chin but anyone can go if caught flush, especially at HW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arlovski is back in the UFC   Arlovski is back in the UFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Arlovski is back in the UFC
Page 1 of 1