Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

List of UFC fighter cuts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

List of UFC fighter cuts Empty
PostSubject: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

There's going to be a lot of these over the next few months

Add Diego Nunes and Milton Viera to the list
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:31 am

Wow they cut Nunes? Fucking insane. He is fighting top level guys and lost to Nick Lentz. Before that he beat Palaszewski. Also has a win over Manny and fought a competitive fight vs Kenny. Insane. Before losing to Lentz he was securely in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 am

Yeah would've liked to see Nunes stick around but they got up to 400 fighters after the Strikeforce guys came over, just wayyyy over the amount they need to have. We're going to see plenty of guys get a pink slip soon off a loss that people aren't going to be happy about. The good news is if you've already fought in the UFC it isn't too difficult to get back as a replacement or a 2nd tour of duty after a couple wins
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Yeah would've liked to see Nunes stick around but they got up to 400 fighters after the Strikeforce guys came over, just wayyyy over the amount they need to have. We're going to see plenty of guys get a pink slip soon off a loss that people aren't going to be happy about. The good news is if you've already fought in the UFC it isn't too difficult to get back as a replacement or a 2nd tour of duty after a couple wins

I can't stand that. If expansion means cutting quality fighters then I don't want any part of it. There are now a handful of guys that have been cut that are in the top half of their division.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 pm

They just went overboard for a while, look how long its been since we've talked about cuts on here. Even guys brought in as replacements that looked like crap were getting 3 fights. Even doing a show damn near every weekend they can't sustain a roster that big its just math. Sooner or later there would have been complaints about guys not getting enough fights per year. The whole undercard of 157 is probably out the door with a loss, its going to look nuts
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
They just went overboard for a while, look how long its been since we've talked about cuts on here. Even guys brought in as replacements that looked like crap were getting 3 fights. Even doing a show damn near every weekend they can't sustain a roster that big its just math. Sooner or later there would have been complaints about guys not getting enough fights per year. The whole undercard of 157 is probably out the door with a loss, its going to look nuts
It just drives me crazy when I see some names still on roster. I understand some of these cuts but there are a few that are just awful IMO.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Definitely. We're used to seeing cuts based on losing streaks and performance but it looks like this time around the $ guys are making based on their standing in the division is going to play in as well
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Definitely. We're used to seeing cuts based on losing streaks and performance but it looks like this time around the $ guys are making based on their standing in the division is going to play in as well
It's almost like with some of these cut they aren't even watching the fights and just looking at the results. How does Gomez get cut because of incompetent judging? His case can't be about money. It's like Dana and Joe were too busy to watch that fight so they just went on the outcome.
I also hate it in sports when the owner has all the power. When you are doing well they won't re-work your deal until they have to but once you sign a better deal they will make you re-negotiate as soon as you have any set back. That is why you see so many holdouts in football. They have no problem when they are underpaying guys outperforming their deal but god forbid an athlete with a sweet deal struggles. Those contracts never go both ways. They tell the athlete you signed the deal so honor your contract when they don't have to do the same in return.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm

They did just re-up with Cain while he still had like 3 fights on his contract I think. They are pretty good about that it seems. Dana did say he would never ask a guy to take less money which is why they didn't renegotiate with Fitch even though I think most people would prefer to stay in the UFC

I'm surprised Gomez got cut just because of how small the division still is although I did hear that last fight was pretty terrible and most people I saw scored it for Harris
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
They did just re-up with Cain while he still had like 3 fights on his contract I think. They are pretty good about that it seems. Dana did say he would never ask a guy to take less money which is why they didn't renegotiate with Fitch even though I think most people would prefer to stay in the UFC

I'm surprised Gomez got cut just because of how small the division still is although I did hear that last fight was pretty terrible and most people I saw scored it for Harris
It was a pretty terrible fight but I scored it for Gomez and when I was looking around the web most people seemed to agree. But it was the 1st fight on the card so it didn't get much play.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Question to all

Are you a MMA fan or a UFC fan? If you think there is no difference feel free to explain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Question to all

Are you a MMA fan or a UFC fan? If you think there is no difference feel free to explain.
I'm watching XFC tonight and I woke up and bought the last OneFC event live on PPV stream. I don't have to label myself, I live it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

My MMA fandom is at an all time high, my UFC fandom is at an all time low. Especially this morning reading more and more frustrating views on Zuffa.
But it seems like non-Zuffa shows have been amazing lately. Great season of Bellator, OneFC still doing it's thing and AXS TV cards have been pretty awesome lately.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Diego Nunes - Another example of how terrible Zuffa is at this busines, with many more to look forward too.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm

OU wrote:
My MMA fandom is at an all time high, my UFC fandom is at an
all time low. Especially this morning reading more and more frustrating
views on Zuffa.
But it seems like non-Zuffa shows have been amazing
lately. Great season of Bellator, OneFC still doing it's thing and AXS
TV cards have been pretty awesome lately.

Bellator has been the worlds best MMA promotion in 2013.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:52 pm

The promotion whose most known fighter is on the shelf while they pretend Spike is equal to Fox and they are going to burst onto the PPV scene? Bjorn is just as slimy, its straight from his background in boxing no one acknowledges it because they like to make everyone who isn't Dana seem like a saint

Most of the people complaining about the way the UFC does things would be the kind who would start a promotion and then pay guys way more than they deserve and be out of business after 3 shows a la Affliction and WSOF. Its a business, not some utopian league where 400 guys can be employed making 75k to fight 3 times a year
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

So UFC fan then?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Diego Nunes - Another example of how terrible Zuffa is at this busines, with many more to look forward too.
Man I have been getting killed today for calling this an awful move. Nunes has never lost back to back fights and only fights top level fighters. No one seems to care and it drives me nuts.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:
My MMA fandom is at an all time high, my UFC fandom is at an
all time low. Especially this morning reading more and more frustrating
views on Zuffa.
But it seems like non-Zuffa shows have been amazing
lately. Great season of Bellator, OneFC still doing it's thing and AXS
TV cards have been pretty awesome lately.

Bellator has been the worlds best MMA promotion in 2013.
XFC 22: Crossing the Line

Date: February 22, 2013 8:00 PM EST

Venue: Grady Cole Center

Broadcast: AXS TV

MAIN (AXS TV, 10 p.m. ET)

Jason Hicks vs. Scott Holtzman
Joseph Corneroli vs. Ricky Rainey
Pearl Gonzalez vs. Suzie Montero
Corey Hill vs. Roger Carroll
D'Angelo Bynum vs. Jimmy Fowler
Jeremy Severn vs. Nick Smith
Nate Landwehr vs. D'juan Owens

PRELIMINARY (Untelevised, 8 p.m. ET)

Joseph Carroll vs. Len Cook
Rahshun Ball vs. Kurtis Cloward
Luke Neyland vs. Cody Wells
Solon Staley vs. Carlos Vivas

7 main card fights? I'm down.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
So UFC fan then?

I'm an MMA fan. The UFC is a business
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

I know, just busting your balls, but Zuffa's MMA business bums me out sometimes.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Agreed but if it was up to me there would be a UFC card every Saturday with 15 fights on it which at this point I don't think is possible

I read an interesting point from someone which is as much as we like to hope for the "purity" of the sport when you choose to be a professional athlete you're ultimately going into a field where your job and pay are dependent on spectators and people wanting to see you. Obviously things work a little differently in teams sports where people follow the names on the front of the jerseys but in an individual setting your value will be determined by the market. Is Jon Fitch really worth a potential $132k 3 times a year to the UFC? Based on those factors, no. That's just the reality and why sports can be such a crazy lucrative job for the best or the most exciting athletes but tougher on others

I don't want to see the UFC go on a run of cutting good fighters here or continue to make a habit of booking strange title fights, but I try to give them a pass for most things. At the end of the day this is still a really young sport compared to something like boxing and they are in a huge period right now with this Fox deal and all of this expansion around the globe where getting eyes on the product and making money is at a premium. We may just have to sit through the growing pains while this goes down unfortunately but in the long run hopefully it brings a popularity boom around the world that few other sports can match
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/15/4625868/ufc-roster-cuts-five-fighters-removed-released-magalhaes-maguire-herman-mma-news

To get the old news out of the way, the UFC has removed Roger Gracie's profile from their middleweight ranks. Reports of Gracie's release surfaced last week and came on the heels of his loss to Tim Kennedy in a fight where he not only failed to out strike his opponent but failed to out grapple him as well. It would appear that another five fighters are accompanying Gracie in his journey into the non-UFC MMA world. Those fighters whose names have been removed from the UFC rosters are Dave Herman, Ednaldo Oliveira, Bristol Marunde, John Maguire, and Vinny Magalhaes. wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of UFC fighter cuts   List of UFC fighter cuts Empty

Back to top Go down

List of UFC fighter cuts
Page 1 of 1