[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Gun Laws

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Just saw on the news that Obama would support a law banning civilians from owning guns. Marshall law will be next.

Its assault rifles, gun show buying, and certain clips, but yeah Obama is a big poosey when it comes to guns.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER
Posts : 3648
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Norman oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:25 pm

if assult rifles become illegal be prepared for the cartels to sell to US citizens

you know the ones that our government sold them AKA " Fast and Furious"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-57337289/legal-u.s-gun-sales-to-mexico-arming-cartels/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/10/us/cartels-columbus-new-mexico/index.html

_________________
GOR GOAT
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Cu Bu wrote:
are lives the only marker?

how many could be killed by someone who knew how?


Lives are an obviously huge marker.

And some one who knows how to use a gun could kill, or cause way more damage then one who knows how to use a knife. Really not a debateable issue.

Weak argument Cu Bu.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Just saw on the news that Obama would support a law banning civilians from owning guns. Marshall law will be next.

Its assault rifles, gun show buying, and certain clips, but yeah Obama is a big poosey when it comes to guns.

So Freak is totally wrong. A pretty common theme in the recent pro gun arguments.

Obama a big pussy? I think ignoring ones convictions in the face of these massacres because of the fear of the pro gun advocates would be much more pussifuss.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Just saw on the news that Obama would support a law banning civilians from owning guns. Marshall law will be next.

Its assault rifles, gun show buying, and certain clips, but yeah Obama is a big poosey when it comes to guns.

So Freak is totally wrong. A pretty common theme in the recent pro gun arguments.

Obama a big pussy? I think ignoring ones convictions in the face of these massacres because of the fear of the pro gun advocates would be much more pussifuss.

I wasn't wrong, the news here must have been wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER
Posts : 3648
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Norman oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm

captain organic wrote:
Cu Bu wrote:
are lives the only marker?

how many could be killed by someone who knew how?


Lives are an obviously huge marker.

And some one who knows how to use a gun could kill, or cause way more damage then one who knows how to use a knife. Really not a debateable issue.

Weak argument Cu Bu.

lives are a big marker the lives of children accosted in any way are likely marred .

you misunderstood me I meant that a competent person trained or that really thought it through could inflict massive damage without a gun. A gun is a great weapon but it can and would be done without it. Most likely one would purchase assault rifles illegally and possibly be hipped to explosives as well. sick and motivated would prevail without a " legal" assault rifle.
how hard is it for you to obtain illegal weed? pills? other drugs?

and if guns are barred what could you do in a preschool or day care with a few chains some locks mace/pepper spray and a blade?

also i noticed you didnt reply to my liberal leaning links citing relevant facts to this problem

_________________
GOR GOAT
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 pm

I'll get back to those links in a bit Cu Bu.

But I want to reply to an issue in the off topic thread without tainting that thread.

But Homicide rate is 4 x's higher in the US then australia. Sure we can point to examples and say "see gun laws don't stop killings" but when the rates are significantly lower, this anecdotal evidence is non persuasive.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 34
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
I'll get back to those links in a bit Cu Bu.

But I want to reply to an issue in the off topic thread without tainting that thread.

But Homicide rate is 4 x's higher in the US then australia. Sure we can point to examples and say "see gun laws don't stop killings" but when the rates are significantly lower, this anecdotal evidence is non persuasive.
Is that per capita? Cause after a quick search Australia has 22 million people where the US has 315 million. I'm sure it is because you say "crime rate" but I'm just making sure. More people= more crazy fucks.

_________________
Gun Laws - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:58 pm

The poor ghetto black community really brings Americas rate waaaay down.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Looks like someone is sensitive. The black population makes up 13% of total pop yet over 50% of the murders.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER
Posts : 3648
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Norman oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
I'll get back to those links in a bit Cu Bu.


please take your time, interested in a response that does not implicate conservatives if you could manage it Smile

shot out to you birdman What a Face

_________________
GOR GOAT
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 34
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm


_________________
Gun Laws - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Looks like someone is sensitive. The black population makes up 13% of total pop yet over 50% of the murders.

Farmer's right, the poor black communities are the biggest problem in the US. Brutal crime rates, little hope of upward mobility, major drain on the system. Unfortunately neither side of the aisle has any solid ideas as to how fix the problem. Lib's want to continue giving the tit when we should be way beyond that point in development, and red's just want to walk away with a "not our problem" attitude. Well given on how these communities came to be, Gov't does have a responsibility, but the solution is clearly not what the dem's are serving up.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

OU wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sales-soar-kid-themed-body-armor-backpacks-171359967.html
Gun Laws - Page 2 Backpack_635x250_1355948207

thoughts?

I guess, but it's terrible that it has even come to this.

Of coarse this only protects the kid(and only part of the kid) while the back pack is worn, which is a very short period of time. Prob wouldn't have come into play in Conn.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Looks like someone is sensitive. The black population makes up 13% of total pop yet over 50% of the murders.

Farmer's right, the poor black communities are the biggest problem in the US. Brutal crime rates, little hope of upward mobility, major drain on the system. Unfortunately neither side of the aisle has any solid ideas as to how fix the problem. Lib's want to continue giving the tit when we should be way beyond that point in development, and red's just want to walk away with a "not our problem" attitude. Well given on how these communities came to be, Gov't does have a responsibility, but the solution is clearly not what the dem's are serving up.

How did these communities come to be?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:45 pm

playing dumb again?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi
Posts : 10222
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : Texas

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

captain organic wrote:
playing dumb again?

Just want clarification on what you mean.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
playing dumb again?

Just want clarification on what you mean.

Well to start there was a couple centuries of gov't sponsored oppression.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
I'll get back to those links in a bit Cu Bu.

But I want to reply to an issue in the off topic thread without tainting that thread.

But Homicide rate is 4 x's higher in the US then australia. Sure we can point to examples and say "see gun laws don't stop killings" but when the rates are significantly lower, this anecdotal evidence is non persuasive.
Is that per capita? Cause after a quick search Australia has 22 million people where the US has 315 million. I'm sure it is because you say "crime rate" but I'm just making sure. More people= more crazy fucks.

yes, per capita.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida
Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 57
Location : West of the Mississippi

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 am

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Posts : 7730
Join date : 2009-07-15
Location : NJ

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
www.obamalies.net

Is there something about gun laws in there somewhere?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida
Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 57
Location : West of the Mississippi

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:20 pm

captain organic wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
www.obamalies.net

Is there something about gun laws in there somewhere?

Perhaps not,but when Obama comes out and spews his anti-gun rhetoric remember he has a track record of being full of shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 34
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
captain organic wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
www.obamalies.net

Is there something about gun laws in there somewhere?

Perhaps not,but when Obama comes out and spews his anti-gun rhetoric remember he has a track record of being full of shit.
You don't think he is genuine about making changes when it comes to guns?

_________________
Gun Laws - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida
Posts : 1308
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 57
Location : West of the Mississippi

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:27 pm

OU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
captain organic wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
www.obamalies.net

Is there something about gun laws in there somewhere?

Perhaps not,but when Obama comes out and spews his anti-gun rhetoric remember he has a track record of being full of shit.
You don't think he is genuine about making changes when it comes to guns?

You have a point there,but his logic is without merit and Professorr John Lott has pointed this out in his books.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman
Posts : 43280
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 34
Location : Lawton, Oklahoma

Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
OU wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
captain organic wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
www.obamalies.net

Is there something about gun laws in there somewhere?

Perhaps not,but when Obama comes out and spews his anti-gun rhetoric remember he has a track record of being full of shit.
You don't think he is genuine about making changes when it comes to guns?

You have a point there,but his logic is without merit and Professorr John Lott has pointed this out in his books.
No merit to his logic? Are you saying there is no reason to beleive that stricter gun laws would lower the rate of deadly shootings?

_________________
Gun Laws - Page 2 Banner10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Gun Laws
Back to top 
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Politics & Religion-
Jump to: