Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158

Go down 
+2
Ludo
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 Empty
PostSubject: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:31 pm

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/rory-macdonald-carlos-condit-rematch-targeted-for-ufc-158-in-montreal
Quote :
MacDonald (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he's been granted the rematch with Condit (28-6 MMA, 5-2 UFC), and UFC President Dana White confirmed the booking to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:38 pm

I think Macdonald avenges the only loss on his record here. He's improved by quite a bit since he gave Carlos all he could handle two and a half years ago and Carlos I think has peaked in a way.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Carlos has way better hands than he did when they first matched up and I still don't see Rory being able to do much with his takedowns. All that time spent training for GSP should help Condit out a lot here
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Confit won't overlook him this time. He'll out strike him and win a decision.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Carlos has way better hands than he did when they first matched up and I still don't see Rory being able to do much with his takedowns. All that time spent training for GSP should help Condit out a lot here

It didn't do much for him aside from a flash knockdown. Rory has the benefit of training WITH GSP for this fight, which is probably much more valuable than Carlos training FOR GSP.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Ludo wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

It didn't do much for him aside from a flash knockdown. Rory has the benefit of training WITH GSP for this fight, which is probably much more valuable than Carlos training FOR GSP.
Are you sure GSP will train with Rory? The closer he gets to the title shot, shouldn't they separate more? Especially since Rory seems willing to fight GSP.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

I think Rory wins this barring another dramatic finish by Condit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Rory said he wouldn't fight GSP last I knew of? Did I miss something where he said he would fight for the title if GSP still had it?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm sure he will. It will end up being "GSP had his time, it's time for him to step aside, it's my time" I bet.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Ludo wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He did hit a nice switch and was able to be competitive on the ground and not dominated. Rory's wrestling and top game are not on GSP's level. I imagine if he gets takedowns it will look a lot like the first fight where Carlos ties him up from the bottom and Rory really doesn't do much with top position. That was going to be enough to get him a decision the first time around though, so its possible it does it again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Ludo wrote:
Rory said he wouldn't fight GSP last I knew of? Did I miss something where he said he would fight for the title if GSP still had it?
I could have sworn he said "I look up to the guy, but anyone across the cage from me is my opponent".
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:57 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He did hit a nice switch and was able to be competitive on the ground and not dominated. Rory's wrestling and top game are not on GSP's level. I imagine if he gets takedowns it will look a lot like the first fight where Carlos ties him up from the bottom and Rory really doesn't do much with top position. That was going to be enough to get him a decision the first time around though, so its possible it does it again.

Rory was going to take the decision the first time around and he's only improved since then. I'm not sure I believe Condit's hands have become that much better since then either. One knockout over Dan Hardy with his hands since then doesn't exactly have Me convinced.

Also, competitve on the ground isn't something I equate to being blasted over and over by some of the most vicious GnP GSP has ever delivered in the cage. He had a couple flashes of competitive action in the form of a kick that caught GSP and a switch that got him nowhere. The rest of the time he was getting beaten to the punch alot and brutalized on his back.

Last edited by Ludo on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:58 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I could have sworn he said "I look up to the guy, but anyone across the cage from me is my opponent".

You could be right, I haven't seen anything to that effect but I don't really keep up with Rory Macdonald news as much because he just comes off as having no personality to Me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

You could be right, I haven't seen anything to that effect but I don't really keep up with Rory Macdonald news as much because he just comes off as having no personality to Me.
I could be wrong, cause I'm not finding anything about him saying he is willing to fight GSP.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm

I wonder if GSP will headline this card? Either vs Diaz or Hendricks.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

GSP just said in an interview recently that if Rory keeps winning, he promised him he will move up in weight and let Rory have the belt.

Said he will most likley fight Diaz and Hendricks than move up to 185 full time.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Rory in an intewrview earlier this year said he would never fight GSP. What Ninja just said probably was the deal they made.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

For some reason, that all sounds kind of familiar to some dudes I heard a year back talk about not fighting each other.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:20 pm

OU wrote:
I wonder if GSP will headline this card? Either vs Diaz or Hendricks.
Ninja Headbang Thumbs Up winner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Not bad I guess but I'd still prefer MacDonald vs. Hendricks and Condit vs. Kampman II.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Ali wrote:
Not bad I guess but I'd still prefer MacDonald vs. Hendricks and Condit vs. Kampman II.

With Diaz looking definitely booked, I now agree. and lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ali wrote:

With Diaz looking definitely booked, I now agree. and lol

Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 Polls_ThatsNotFunny_2638_540820_answer_3_xlarge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158   Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald 2 targeted for UFC 158
Page 1 of 1