Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger

Go down 
+7
Farmer1906
Ludo
bobbitt15
jewzilla
KingsOwn19
oggy420
Ninja
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger Empty
PostSubject: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Expect Tyron/Maia/Terec to fight Condit.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 pm

i hope they make Hendricks fight him and use one of those other guys for ellenberger
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

obligatory "he's ducking Condit"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rory MacDonald scratched from UFC 158, Johny Hendricks now meets Carlos Condit   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/rory-macdonald-scratched-from-ufc-158-johny-hendricks-now-meets-carlos-condit?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Canadian contender Rory MacDonald (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has suffered a neck injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from a planned UFC 158 matchup with Carlos Condit (28-6, 5-2). However, the "Natural Born Killer" will still face a fellow top-ranked opponent as Johny Hendricks (14-1, 9-1) has agreed to fill the open slot.

USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the shuffle while speaking with UFC President Dana White late Monday evening.

"Once we knew Rory had to withdraw, we started looking for potential replacements," White said. "Johny Hendricks called me and said he wanted that fight, so we're going to give it to him a shot at Carlos."

Condit and MacDonald were scheduled for the co-main event of "UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz," which takes place March 16 at Montreal's Bell Centre. The winner was expected to hold an envious position in the company's ultra-competitive 170-pound division and potentially earn a shot at the welterweight title. That might have left Hendricks, who recently dispatched of perennial contender Martin Kampmann in just 46 seconds, again waiting his turn.

Hendricks was already on the fight card at UFC 158, where he was expected to face Jake Ellenberger (28-6, 7-2). But by moving into the matchup with Condit, a onetime title challenger, "Bigg Rigg" now likely boosts his chances for earning a title shot of his own with a victory.

Ellenberger is still expected to compete at the event against an opponent to be determined.

White also revealed his first selection to fill MacDonald's position was incoming Strikeforce welterweight champion Tarec Saffiedine (14-3, 0-0). However, the UFC boss said the Belgian fighter turned down the opportunity, allowing Hendricks to step in against Condit.

UFC 158 features a welterweight title bout between current champion Georges St-Pierre and former Strikeforce title holder Nick Diaz. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Nate Marquardt has challenged Jake Ellenberger:

Nate Marquardt ‏@NathanMarquardt

Just heard @EllenbergerMMA doesn't have anyone to fight March 23 as of today. Just so happens I'm free that night! Wink Whatcha think?? #fb

Oops. I meant March 16. I'm free that day too LOL!! @EllenbergerMMA
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Hey Nate, looks like we had someone drop out of UFC 158. I see you dont have any plans that night, can you please fill in? Dana hates leaving cages side seats open for big fights like Tarec Saffedine vs Jake Ellenberger.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Tarec starting off his UFC career by turning down a huge high profile fight. Good move

I'm down with Woodley or Nate against Ellenberger
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 am

Sounds like Ellenberger-Woodley is in the works. Still good fights but I'm bummed, Condit-Rory rematch was high up on my list of fights over the next 6 or so months

I think Condit is a bad matchup for Hendricks
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Sounds like Ellenberger-Woodley is in the works. Still good fights but I'm bummed, Condit-Rory rematch was high up on my list of fights over the next 6 or so months

I think Condit is a bad matchup for Hendricks

I actually think Hendricks is a bad matchup for Condit here. Jackson is going to have to come up with something truly silly to keep Condit from engaging Johny.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 am

I think Condits range and more technical and varied striking can cause Hendricks a lot if problems.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 am

The WW division in a nutshell :

GSP vs Diaz
Hendricks vs Condit
Ellenberger vs Woodly
Nate vs Kampmann
Maia vs Tarec
Mike Pierce vs Mike Pyle
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 am

Maia should be closer to a title shot than ellenberger, woodley, and kampmann.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 am

Nate Marquardt steps in to meet Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158 in Montreal

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/nate-marquardt-steps-in-to-meet-jake-ellenberger-at-ufc-158

Former Strikeforce welterweight champion Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 10-4 UFC) will meet Jake Ellenberger (28-6 MMA, 7-2 UFC) at UFC 158, a source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Monday evening.

Marquardt fills a spot left vacant by Johny Hendricks, who was tapped to meet onetime UFC title challenger Carlos Condit when Rory MacDonald was forced to withdraw from the event due to injury.

Marquardt vs. Ellenberger still serves on the March 16 event's pay-per-view main card, which follows prelims on FX and Facebook.

UFC 158 takes place at Montreal's Bell Centre.

Marquardt hopes to rebound after losing his Strikeforce welterweight belt in the promotion's final event, which took place this past month in Oklahoma City. Tarec Saffiedine battered the onetime UFC middleweight title challenger with leg kicks en route to a unanimous-decision win.

In his previous outing, Marquardt, a former UFC middleweight title challenger, captured the Strikeforce belt with a fourth-round KO of Tyron Woodley, who also volunteered to fight Ellenberger at UFC 158.

Marquardt returns to the octagon two years after failing to receive medical clearance to headline UFC on VERSUS 4 against Rick Story, which prompted the promotion to release him. Later, he revealed that a regimen of testosterone-replacement therapy caused his scratch from the event. He got a second chance with the Zuffa-owned Strikeforce and later returned to the UFC when the promotion was shut down.

Ellenberger returns to the cage following a decision over win Jay Hieron this past October at UFC on FX 5. Although far from flashy, the win nevertheless put him back on the right track after Martin Kampmann knocked him out at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale, which snapped a six-fight win streak that put him on the list of future contenders.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 am

Fuck Nate, I hope Jake knocks his ass out.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm

I hope Hendricks knocks Condit out. I remember a press conference not that long ago where Carlos was being disrespectful with his body language anytime Johny was answering a question.

Nate vs. Ellenberger damn that's tasty.

I hope this means we get Maia vs. MacDonald later in the year.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:58 am

Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger 6586
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Hendricks is favorite? I got Condit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Hendricks is favorite? I got Condit.
Hendricks deserves to be the favorite. Probably a bigger favorite then he is. Sig bet on this? Time to get rid of your Rick James sig anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I got Condit too...I will sig bet you OU.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Ninja wrote:
done.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm

OU wrote:
Ninja wrote:
done.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm

I just hope I get to see Condit's wife on the primetime show. BTW I'm with OU on this....Hendricks is gonna fuck CC up.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Condit is a bad matchup for John boy. NBK by decision
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:00 pm

I think Johnny should be the favorite, but not by much. I think Vegas has it right at about -120 +110
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:55 am

OU wrote:
Ninja wrote:
done.
Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger Conditrunsfrmhendrx_zps3cf01738
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger   Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger Empty

Back to top Go down

Rory out of 158 due to injury, Condit meets Hendricks, Marquardt vs Ellenberger
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next