Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Snowman signs with SF ....

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
oggy420
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

The Snowman signs with SF .... Empty
PostSubject: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 pm

as a LHW?

ATO confirms Monson Signing With Strikeforce at 205:
Former UFC heavyweight #1 contender Jeff Monson has signed with Strikeforce ATO has learned through a source close to the fighter. Monson will debut in Strikeforce in 2010 and likely drop to 205.
Monson has won 7 out of his last 8 fights. He dropped a unanimous decision to Pedro Rizzo in Brazil back in September. "The Snowman" has fought a who’s who of MMA heavyweights. Monson defeated TUF 10 winner Roy Nelson back in March. There was a four year stretch from 2003 to 2006 where he won 16 straight fights.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Roy Nelson was robbed by the way.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm

Never saw the Monson vs. Nelson fight but i'm interested to see how he does at 205. I think Monson vs. Babalu makes a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:53 pm

for some reason i just cant picture him at 205.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 am

Monson is very good at what he does. But beyond that, his skills are limited. At the very least adds depth at LHW. However I hope this isn't one of the two big HW signings Coker was talking about. Cuz I was hoping those two were AA and Timmy.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:16 pm

Not so fast.

UFC and PRIDE veteran Jeff Monson (31-9) has been linked to weekend bouts at both Brazil's Bitetti Combat and Thunder Promotions' "Alabama Pride."

While MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that Monson is indeed still being considered by organizations, one other recent rumor has proven false.

Strikeforce officials say reports linking "The Snowman" to the California-based organization are untrue.

On Tuesday, Thunder Promotions issued a release stating that Monson was scheduled to meet MMA super-veteran Travis Fulton (191-45-11) in a heavyweight main event at "Alabama Pride" on Dec. 12 in Birmingham, Ala.

"Alabama Pride" also features a celebrity kickboxing match in the co-feature slot, as Grammy Award-winning rapper Coolio meets actor Eric Martinez.

Coolio was added to the card only after fellow rapper DMX turned down the contest.

The release from Thunder Promotions also included a statement from Monson promoting the bout with Fulton.

"Most of the guys I fight I have the experience advantage on, and obviously [Fulton] has had close to 300 fights, so that’s not the case in this scenario," Monson stated in a recent press release promoting the event. "He's a strong boxer and puncher, and he's got a bunch of submissions."

Monson, who was defeated by Pedro Rizzo at September's "Bitetti Combat 4," has long been rumored to be facing Glover Teixeira on Dec. 12, and sources close to the promotion indicated the former UFC title challenger may still make the trip to Brazil.

While Strikeforce officials denied any current involvement with Monson, the powerful grappler who volunteered to face Fedor Emelianenko when opponent Josh Barnett was forced out of the ill-fated "Affliction: Trilogy" event earlier this year, did state that he was in discussions with the California-based promotion.

"We're talking to Strikeforce right now, and the hope is that at the end of the year to sign with them and have that matchup (against Emelianenko)," Monson stated. "That's a fight I think I can win, and it would be dream matchup for me."

Monson vs. Fulton, should it happen, Coolio vs. Martinez, and the remaining "Alabama Pride" contests will be available via online pay-per-view stream on Saturday at NESportsTV.com. There are currently no U.S. broadcast plans for Bitetti Combat 5.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Still, I don't care where Monson is fighting in the new year since he's not a legitimate threat in the only two orgs that really matter right now... But I want to see if and how this guy gets down to 205. He's going to have to cycle off the d-bol, shelf the hgh, become a vegetarian and start a marathoner's exercise routine... And even then it might take a full year to shed that much mass. His goal is far from an easy one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Snowman signs with SF ....   The Snowman signs with SF .... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Snowman signs with SF ....
Page 1 of 1