Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendo signs with SF

Go down 
+9
Ninja
Bigs03
captain organic
CainVelasquezFan
bobbitt15
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
ohiovol62
MMAEYES
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Hendo signs with SF Empty
PostSubject: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Great, another win for SF! Would've liked to seen him get another shot at Anderson but when you're 39 you have to do whats best for you.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

He will lose instantly to Mousasi, ending his career as far as the UFC is concerned. Shoulda took the UFC deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Well, I feel sorry for Jake Shields already. After he gets KO'd who does Hendo fight next?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Jake Shields is going to eat an ass whoooping
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah Jake would get KOed by Hendo for sure and I would love watching it. I want to see him fight Mousasi
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Hendo will own shields back to 170lb division were he belongs
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Hendo could easily be strikeforces MW champ by april and then after that a superfight with mousasi, making hendo both MW and LHW champ and by this time Fedro will be HW champ setting up a possible fight between which hendo is interested in
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:49 pm

yet another excellent move by SF.

I would think Gegard would be the more logical 1st fight, Moussasi needs the opponent.

Then he can set his sights on 185.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:51 pm

captain organic wrote:

I would think Gegard would be the more logical 1st fight, Moussasi needs the opponent.

both shields and mousasi need legit opponents and strikeforce has the man in hendo to challenge both
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Wow, I really didn't expect him to do it. Strikeforce is doing an exceptional job at building their roster.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
captain organic wrote:

both shields and mousasi need legit opponents and strikeforce has the man in hendo to challenge both

SF has a pretty decent 185 stable. And a very weak 205.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Sweet some nice match ups for Hendo at SF.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Nice! I like to see Hendo fight Gegard first, then move down to 185 he loses. He would pretty much destroy anyone at 185 in Strikeforce except for maybe Jacare.

Look what Dana had to say - http://www.mmamania.com/2009/12/7/1189810/dana-white-dan-henderson-isnt

So I guess if you don't draw big numbers your not worth the UFC's time even if the fighter is a huge talent? Slowly, but surly Strikeforce is actually become the more legitimate org than the UFC.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Jake the Snake is in for an ass whooping. Which is good because he's probably leaving SF once his deal is up to go fight Welterweight in UFC.

As for Dana, you can't expect people to believe the UFC is interested in having all the best fighters when you are "forcing" the #2 middleweight in the world out of your promotion. It's all about the draw there now. They still got a majority of the best fighters in the world but their values have flipped a bitch since UFC 100 and Undisputed. I used to love Dana because he really came off as a guy who was about the fighting, and integrity of the sport before money..that shows to not be the case everyday.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Hendo IMO is one of the few people at 205 that has a decent chance of beating Mousasi. I see SF setting up this fight and letting Shields own the 185 belt.

BUT me personally I want Hendo to beat down Shields, then call out Mousasi.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:40 pm

YES!

With Hendo Mousasi and King Mo we should see some interesting fights at 205 plus he can drop to 185 whenever he wants. Very good move for SF. And imo a big loss for the ufc.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm

King, you may be right, but I have no idea how much or what Hendo was asking for, though I think the ZUFFA and Hendo should have sat down and made a compromise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:54 pm

lol! Outstanding gif Oggy.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Hendo IMO is one of the few people at 205 that has a decent chance of beating Mousasi. I see SF setting up this fight and letting Shields own the 185 belt.

I def think SF will put togethor Hendo Gegard first. I don't know if SF thinks this way, but imo it is in SF's best interest if Gegard wins, (which validates Gegard and SF) and then have Hendo move down and clobber Shields.

Hendo vs Fedor? I guess if he wins both, but would anyone see Hendo as a legit threat to fedor?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I def think SF will put togethor Hendo Gegard first. I don't know if SF thinks this way, but imo it is in SF's best interest if Gegard wins, (which validates Gegard and SF) and then have Hendo move down and clobber Shields.

Hendo vs Fedor? I guess if he wins both, but would anyone see Hendo as a legit threat to fedor?

Hendo is a threat to everyone for 3 reasons

1. He's got 1 punch KO power

2. He has a rock hard jaw. So a fighters dishes out some good shots, Hendo wears them, and then Hendo uses his KO power on a fighters normal jaw.

3. His Greco is good. He dictates the fight vs almost anyone.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 am

Certianly a loss for the UFC, but they didn't have to meet his demands even if we wanted them to. If he goes on to beat Mousasi or Sheilds or both, he'll just add more credability to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:40 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Certianly a loss for the UFC, but they didn't have to meet his demands even if we wanted them to. If he goes on to beat Mousasi or Sheilds or both, he'll just add more credability to the UFC.

That's a good point
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Hendo isn't a threat to Fedor, sorry.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Hendo isn't a threat to Fedor, sorry.

I agree but who does SF have that's a threat to Fedor? No one so if hendo wins both belts and Fedor crushes who ever he fights next why wouldn't hendo take a shot at him?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendo signs with SF   Hendo signs with SF Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendo signs with SF
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next