Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best movie you saw this year?

Go down 
+6
OU
cheekynffc
Ludo
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:50 pm

SAG nominations.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=97990

Surprised Silver Linnings is getting alot of love because it looked pretty mediocre and the reviews I read/saw here said it was average.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm

I thought it looked surprisingly full of potential. Just reading the cast wouldn't do much for me, but the trailers I've seen had a type of allure that made it seem like there was a lot more to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Silver Linings Playbook looks like this award season's Extremely Loud & Incredinly Close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Ali wrote:
So far for me it's.

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Looper
4. The Avengers
5. Skyfall
6. Argo
7. Ted
8. The Raid
9. Chronicle
10. Cabin In The Woods

Honorable mention - John Carter, Snow White and The Huntsman, 21 Jump Street, The Hunger Games, The Muppets, The Amazing Spider-Man.

Worst - Prometheus, Wonderlust, Rampart.

The Hobbit smashed into my top ten today.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Old movie but just watched it that was pretty darn good.

Das Boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 am

Empire Magazine's top ten movies of the year are as follows.

1. The Avengers
2. Argo
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Skyfall
5. Beasts Of The Southern Wild
6. Sightseers
7. Moonrise Kingdom
8. The Raid
9. Headhunters
10. Ruste and Bone

Total Film's are

1. The Master
2. The Imposter
3. The Cabin In The Woods
4. The Raid
5. Shame
6. The Dark Knight Rises
7. Argo
8. The Avengers
9. Looper
10. Skyfall
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 am

just watched dictator, there are a couple giggles in it. But funnier then Borat? gtfo
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:51 am

Just finished Premium Rush. Not bad for what it was designed to be.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:33 am

Not sure if it counts or not since it's a 6 hour mini series and not a movie, but Hatfield's and McCoys movie was amazing and I just ordered it on blu ray on Amazon over the weekend. Better then any movie I saw this year and that includes Pulp Fiction(which was great by the way).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 pm

OU wrote:
Not sure if it counts or not since it's a 6 hour mini series and not a movie, but Hatfield's and McCoys movie was amazing and I just ordered it on blu ray on Amazon over the weekend. Better then any movie I saw this year and that includes Pulp Fiction(which was great by the way).

Are you joking ? Hatfeilds and McCoys was an enjoyable mini series but was nothing special at all. It's not even in the same league as Hell on Wheels.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Are you joking ? Hatfeilds and McCoys was an enjoyable mini series but was nothing special at all. It's not even in the same league as Hell on Wheels.
Hell on Wheels is very good but I completely disagree. You had great performances by a dozen or more actors in the mini series. I enjoyed it more than anything I have seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Hell on Wheels is very good but I completely disagree. You had great performances by a dozen or more actors in the mini series. I enjoyed it more than anything I have seen in a long time.

Kevin Costner's performance was great I'll agree but the rest weren't outstanding, Power's Boothe was far better in Deadwood.

If that was the best thing you saw in 2012 then you really need to visit the theater more. Hell it wasn't even the best series on tv by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

Kevin Costner's performance was great I'll agree but the rest weren't outstanding, Power's Boothe was far better in Deadwood.

If that was the best thing you saw in 2012 then you really need to visit the theater more. Hell it wasn't even the best series on tv by a long shot.
I think it's just a matter of preference. It was far better then Avengers and I enjoyed it more then the latest Batman. Costner and Paxton both did exceptional but there were some many smaller roles that were brilliant. I have only seen the first 6 episodes or so of Deadwood but I enjoyed Hatfeild vs McCoy alot more from what I have seen. Obviously I don't see near as many movies as most of you guys, but this movie/series is legit for me. Exceptional IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Too each is own I guess.

Deadwood is a joy to watch, the dialogue alone is poetry.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Ali wrote:
Too each is own I guess.

Yeah I was enjoying it. I bought season 1 on DVD but left them at a buddies house and haven't got them back. Starts kind of slow but it was very good.
Yeah I don't expect many people to like H vs M as much as I do. Love the subject, love the acting, I thought it was masterfully done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Too each is own I guess.

Yeah I was enjoying it. I bought season 1 on DVD but left them at a buddies house and haven't got them back. Starts kind of slow but it was very good.
Yeah I don't expect many people to like H vs M as much as I do. Love the subject, love the acting, I thought it was masterfully done.

Don't get me wrong I liked the series but it didn't blow me away. Band Of Brothers is the only mini series I've seen that I would rate over movies.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Too each is own I guess.

Don't get me wrong I liked the series but it didn't blow me away. Band Of Brothers is the only mini series I've seen that I would rate over movies.
I haven't seen that, but I want to. Tom Berenger did an amazing job as Jim Vance IMO, but there were so many great performances, that's why I enjoyed it so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm

I completely forgot about Tom Berenger, yeah he was really good in H & M.

You haven't seen Band Of Brothers......come on OU that's been out for a decade. Buy it on Blu Ray now !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Ali wrote:
I completely forgot about Tom Berenger, yeah he was really good in H & M.

You haven't seen Band Of Brothers......come on OU that's been out for a decade. Buy it on Blu Ray now !!!!!!!!!!!
Even the performance of Cotton(the slow one) was exceptional IMO, along with many others. Especially seeing some of them in interviews.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 pm

My Best Picture Nominations so far:
Moonrise Kingdom
Argo
Django Unchained
Silver Linings Playbook
Lincoln

Not best picture but still 2012 favorites:
Cloud Atlas
The Dark Knight Rises
The Master
Looper
Prometheus
The Cabin in the Woods

Still need to watch these films:
The Raid: Redemption
The Grey
Amour
Life of Pi
Goon
Zero-Dark Thirty
Killer Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best movie you saw this year?   Best movie you saw this year? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best movie you saw this year?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3