Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA quotes from today...

Go down 
+6
oggy420
Cu Bu
timthebim
Ali
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:32 pm

I wonder if Nick would apply that quote to Shields recent performance

Diaz
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 Silva-griffin
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 pm

I still can't believe Forrest agreed to fix that fight.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Quote :
“Yeah, I think everyone already knows I didn’t call Dana [after UFC 159],” Silva stated. “I don’t even have his phone number, personally. So, no. I didn’t speak to him.”
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

Anderson just sounds like an idiot when he says this kind of shit. A fighter who's been champion for like 7 years in the UFC doesn't have Dana White's phone number? Come on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 am

Ludo wrote:
Anderson just sounds like an idiot when he says this kind of shit. A fighter who's been champion for like 7 years in the UFC doesn't have Dana White's phone number? Come on.

Anderson likes to pretend he doesn't speak English.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:52 am

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

True enough. But tons of fighters have Dana's phone number, I just find it incredibly hard to believe that the longest tenured champion in UFC history doesn't have a means to get ahold of Dana when he wants to.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

True enough. But tons of fighters have Dana's phone number, I just find it incredibly hard to believe that the longest tenured champion in UFC history doesn't have a means to get ahold of Dana when he wants to.

I'm sure his people can get ahold of Dana's people whenever they want. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dana and Anderson have very limited direct contact.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I'm sure his people can get ahold of Dana's people whenever they want. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dana and Anderson have very limited direct contact.

Wouldn't surprise me too much if Silva stays out of the way of the people he pays and the people Dana pays to handle business. When you make Anderson Silva money and you are Anderson Silva, your people contact my people.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Quote :
Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): Roy Nelson's contract just expired in the UFC so he's like a restricted free agent at the moment. You've brought wanting to fight at heavyweight now so would you be interested in a fight against Big Country if he signs with Bellator?

Quinton Jackson: I would love to fight Roy Nelson. F*ck him up.

I could see rampage winning.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Roy vs. Page would be fun.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Quote :
Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): Roy Nelson's contract just expired in the UFC so he's like a restricted free agent at the moment. You've brought wanting to fight at heavyweight now so would you be interested in a fight against Big Country if he signs with Bellator?

Quinton Jackson: I would love to fight Roy Nelson. F*ck him up.

I could see rampage winning.

TRT Rampage that doesn't cut, yeah I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm

http://placetobenation.com/exclusive-ufcs-kennedy-slams-fighter-pay/ wrote:
“It’s pathetic that so many fighters [have to have other jobs]…I’m one of the 3% of guys in the whole entire sport and it would be slim pickings to survive off what I make in fighting. It’s a good thing I have another job because the UFC doesn’t pay very well.”
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 am

Ali* wrote:
http://placetobenation.com/exclusive-ufcs-kennedy-slams-fighter-pay/ wrote:
“It’s pathetic that so many fighters [have to have other jobs]…I’m one of the 3% of guys in the whole entire sport and it would be slim pickings to survive off what I make in fighting. It’s a good thing I have another job because the UFC doesn’t pay very well.”

Tim doesn't seem like a guy to complain I bet he makes better money than he did in military.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Jon Jones wrote:
I think he's got to the point where he really believes in his gift, and he abused his gift, he disrespected the gift by disrespecting his opponent

Martial arts is traditionally a sport that is based on honor and integrity and treating people with respect, and he somehow lost sight of that and he paid the ultimate price for it, so I'm not going for the Anderson Silva hype train. I know exactly where he's at; you can tell exactly where he's at by the way he's fighting.

I think he just got disrespectful, and the war gods just made him pay for it. He's still that great Anderson Silva in my book.

It actually motivates me a lot, too, to watch somebody who I look up to lose, it's just a reality check. I try to keep my ego in check when it comes to the fight game, and watching Anderson lose like that – first of all, it's something I would never do, put my hands down and fight my opponent that way. But watching Chris Weidman's dream come true, I have to make sure to be a dream crusher.

At this point, it doesn't really feel real, my goal is definitely to become No. 1, and because Anderson lost doesn't really make me feel like I accomplished anything. So I'm going to continue to work extremely hard to become the No. 1 light heavyweight in the sport, and eventually, I'll creep up on some of the things Anderson Silva has done in history.

So, it doesn't really do too much for me. It doesn't feel real, it doesn't feel earned, and winning this fight will make me feel a little bit better about it.

I approve of your quote this time Jones, not bad.

Ed Sores wrote:

I think he went out there and was taunting him and doing certain things Anderson does once in awhile, there's a possibility he may have taken it too far this time. And unfortunately he wasn't able to walk away with the W.

You move left when you should have moved right, and your night can end, unfortunately, Anderson has a tendency to walk on that tightrope of taking risks. It's part of the reason people like to watch him fight is because he takes those type of risks. Unfortunately, Saturday night, didn't go his way.

People have all these conspiracy theories, it's stupid. It's nonsense. Yeah ... I plan to get knocked out. C'mon. Who plans to get knocked out like that? If he was planning to do that that, why wouldn't he just have tapped to the leglock? C'mon. I'm going to plan to get knocked out? That's ridiculous. Anderson doesn't like to lose, he just got knocked out. Take nothing away from Chris Weidman. ‘Oh, that was a lucky shot.' Well, you know what? 100 percent of the punches you don't throw, don't land. He threw a punch and it landed.

I thought Anderson was going to knock him out, but, it didn't work out that way. Once again, Chris Weidman overcame adversity, like he has several times over the past 12 months. As upset as I am to see Anderson lose and lose that way, and lose his title, on the other hand, I'm happy for Chris. He's a really good guy, very respectful, and he'll be a good champion.

We're going to have to sit back and let the dust settle, what other fight make sense other than the rematch? Right now that's the last thing on our minds. What I want to see from Anderson is I want to see him sit with his family. Hang out with the people who unconditionally care about him, whether he's the champ or not the champ, winning or losing, knocking someone out or getting knocked out. He just needs to be around the people who unconditionally care about him, get his thoughts together, and figure out what his next step is.

It's not the end of the world, the sun came up today. It's a beautiful day today. We're healthy, our kids are good, are families are good. ... Everything else, you just roll with the punches.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Cesar Gracie on Nick Diaz being offered a fight by the UFC wrote:
“As far as his fighting and everything. He’s been in Vegas, he just got back a couple of days ago. There is an offer on the table, that’s all I can say. It’s something everyone is looking at right now and discussing with him. Dana has offered him a fight. There is an offer on the table, I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat I think. But no decision’s have been made for sure.”
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm

And, yeah, who to believe? I don't believe either of them smoke2 

Dana F'n White wrote:
Cesar Gracie on Nick Diaz being offered a fight by the UFC wrote:
“As far as his fighting and everything. He’s been in Vegas, he just got back a couple of days ago. There is an offer on the table, that’s all I can say. It’s something everyone is looking at right now and discussing with him. Dana has offered him a fight. There is an offer on the table, I can’t say who it is, but it’s kind of neat I think. But no decision’s have been made for sure.”

Nobody at the UFC talked to Gracie or anyone else that reps Nick
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Lyoto Machida wrote:
Anderson's rematch is fair; the guy ruled the division for a long time. He maybe didn't really want to fight for the belt again but the UFC demanded it. I believe it wasn't only Anderson's intentions that prevailed in this situation.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Random MMA fan from Minnesota wrote:
a personal level, I've gone from a UFC fanatic to a pretty casual fan.

I went years without skipping a PPV event (even watched all the facebook and FX-type fights) and rarely missed the smaller events, but this year I've skipped about half of the events entirely. I'm just not at all excited about most of the fights anymore, and when I have watched I've been disappointed.

I think they need to do a better job matchmaking, cut the women's and flyweight division, roll back the number of events, stop the TUF trash, and stop cutting promising fighters.

I think this post encapsulates the state of affairs in MMA. 

I'm still watching more then is healthy, but I have several friends who would say, almost word for word for word, what is said here.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Gegard Mousasi wrote:
I will make this easy on Vitor, If he is going to continue to make conditions on who he will fight, I will face Vitor at a catchweight or at light heavyweight.

At the end of the day, I want to fight the best guys for the title. I don't turn down fights.

Vitor is a fighter, and he is not getting any younger, He gets paid to fight. He should get in there and do his job with or without the belt. That is his job, and he should not be making such conditions because he is only losing time and opportunity.

I only want to fight guys that want to fight me and are willing to challenge themselves in the process. If Vitor will do his job, then I will gladly face him at 185 pounds, 195 pounds or 205 pounds. I know both the fans and the UFC want this fight badly. If Vitor does not want to fight, then give me any No. 1 contender in the middleweight division.

I want to have a title shot, and whoever is in front of the line is the person I expect to challenge, I have been fighting for a very long time, and my professional record speaks for itself. I believe I deserve a title shot based on what I have accomplished. I have seen fighters that have done less and have received a title shot. So I feel that I am in the mix.
You have used your words well Mousasi...
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Random MMA fan from Minnesota wrote:
a personal level, I've gone from a UFC fanatic to a pretty casual fan.

I went years without skipping a PPV event (even watched all the facebook and FX-type fights) and rarely missed the smaller events, but this year I've skipped about half of the events entirely. I'm just not at all excited about most of the fights anymore, and when I have watched I've been disappointed.

I think they need to do a better job matchmaking, cut the women's and flyweight division, roll back the number of events, stop the TUF trash, and stop cutting promising fighters.
I think this post encapsulates the state of affairs in MMA. 

I'm still watching more then is healthy, but I have several friends who would say, almost word for word for word, what is said here.
agreed

me personally I have had lots going on in my life and that may be the cause for decline in interest/viewing but at least to a certain extent it is fueled by watered down events, and fights a remote or mouse click away. I remember the days of pride when it would be like christmas when a card came around
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that many free cards recently and upcoming are better then the PPVs recently and upcoming?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
One thing I'd like to make clear, I loved the leather shit Arriany and Brittney rocked at 164, with the orange trim and all. I hope they just keep it. The UFC is so boring with their presentation with crap like that, it takes them so long to ever change anything, full on 38 years just to make an actual openeing video for PPVs arrrr.. Don't know wtf that crap was last week though where Brittney was in the black and Arriany in Red, just stop that now okay.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Uncool creepy put his foot in his mouth on twitter imo

Ian McCall wrote:
Ian McCall ✔ @Unclecreepymma

I hate the homeless ... I don't feel sorry for you. If you want change then let me throw it as hard as I can at your dirty face

Hate me all you want Ive been homeless n stung out. I changed that part of my life No sympathy for junkies who talk shit to me for no reason

@IKEVF I did it myself. I'm focusing on junkies here not PTSD and lay offs etc should have clarified. Its called hard work and not giving up
reversion back to dbag ways for McCall on that one.

Some bad apples among homeless no doubt, but also some victims and damaged people among very good people as well.

He sounded like an idiot with his initial post.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/2/4796384/bjorn-rebney-responds-to-dana-whites-no-value-bellator-slam

It may have been the case for years there was no war of words between UFC President Dana White and Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney, those days are seemingly long since over.

During a recent press scrum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to promote the rematch between UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva, White was asked by the local media if he'd ever be interested in purchasing Bellator MMA.

"There's nothing there," White responded to the question. "If you look at any other company we ended up buying in the past, there was value. There's no value to that company whatsoever." White went on to explain other organizations the UFC's parent company in Zuffa purchased also possessed video libraries he considered valuable.

In response to White's remarks, Rebney issued a statement to MMA Fighting, which reads as follows:

Bjorn Rebney wrote:
It hasn't been my practice to respond to his ongoing focus on Bellator. My focus is on the expansion of the Bellator brand worldwide and constantly creating a better more exciting, entertaining product for our fans. But....when he lofts softballs like this over the plate, you just have to take a swing. And, the facts here are that the UFC's Partners at FOX just made a multi-year commitment, worth tens of millions of dollars to the Bellator brand. If that doesn't paint a clear picture on value, I don't know what would.

This guy would be a much better face for the UFC then the child they have now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA quotes from today...   MMA quotes from today... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA quotes from today...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next