Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Debate Thoughts?

Go down 
+4
OU
KingsOwn19
timthebim
Farmer1906
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Obama does not believe government creates jobs? he believes in self reliance?

what?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Obama does not believe government creates jobs? he believes in self reliance?

what?

Thought the same thing. Shocked about how he talked about the free market being great.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Only one question about foriegn policy.

Most of the questions were of the who gives a shit variety...and really "how are you different from Bush?" and "what have you done to earn my vote?"

The other questions were aimed for the main things Obama panders to.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Only one question about foriegn policy.

Most of the questions were of the who gives a shit variety...and really "how are you different from Bush?" and "what have you done to earn my vote?"

The other questions were aimed for the main things Obama panders to.

They talked immigration, they talked Libya, they talked energy? How was any of that "who gives a shit"? I mean there was women's rights, but that's part of the town hall format, more of an individual flavor is going to be introduced, and not just the broad scope

Now the post discussion I was hearing was talking about how heated the debate was(CBS guy going on how this will change debates for ever more) and it was heated, but aren't most debates? Maybe Im just influenced by the way media and public at large handles politics, but politics gets people heated. Certainly seems like most debates I've seen have been heated.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Overall I thought it was really even, Obama actually showing up was nice. Both guys had solid points for themselves, both guys have solid points against the other. Romney botched the Libya thing, def let Obama off the hook there, but Obama kind of did the same calling Romney the "standard bearer".

Another good post debate point I heard was neither guy really took the time to get into an ebb and flow of discussion based off of the question, instead quickly reverting to their canned lines and stump speeches.

I do really like the debates, I think they are entertaining, however at the end of 4 of them, I've had my fill. Especially when it kind of turns into guys saying the same things over and over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Obama 48-47 Romney
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Missed this one...watching game 7 but as far as i'm hearing another close one. Don't think foreign policy will decide this election though. It is, and should be based on domestic issues.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Thought Obama won this.

But Romney gets a huge edge in stepping back from his hawkish foreign policy stance. Think that will play well to whoever these undecided people are. No doubt economy is the big issue, but as far as foreign policy goes, staying out of wars is big.

So Obama gets actual debate, but polls might actually swing towards Romney(admittedly I haven't look today).
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Anyone know the ratings? 4th debate, MNF, Game 7 of NLCS = really low most likely.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

I am in SF right now and these fuckers represent the Giants like no other!

oh and for a bunch of liberal pansies every other person is chain smoking and throwing the butts in the street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate Thoughts?   Debate Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate Thoughts?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2