Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana rips Bones for recent comments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana rips Bones for recent comments Empty
PostSubject: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/14/3332272/dana-white-jon-jones-bentley-piece-of-meat
The proverbial dead horse isn't dead just quite yet, so yes, we're going to beat it a bit longer.

When Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones finally spoke out about all the criticism he was receiving following the UFC 151 fallout, one of the things he revealed is how he felt like a 'piece of meat' by the way he was being blasted by the ZUFFA higher ups:

Quote :
"I just thought I meant a lot more to him, you know? I really did. I didn't really look at him like a boss or anything, I just looked at him like a friend, a business partner and I just thought I meant a lot to the UFC and they made me feel like a piece of meat. Like a total piece of meat. He just completely bashed me out and my coach, it was just terrible man, just terrible."
Though both parties have calmed down since, and seem to be getting past the whole ordeal, neither Jones nor UFC President Dana White are taking back anything they said.

Appearing on the The Jim Rome Show (subscription required), White responded to the comment made by "Bones" that the promotion made him feel like meat, in the way only White knows how.

Quote :
"I wonder how the piece of meat was feeling when we bought him the Bentley. I don't know? That statement right there, drives me insane. A year and a half ago nobody knew who Jon Jones was. Now the kid's a multimillionaire and he's got this, that, you know? A piece of meat. Let me tell you, I know some people who are in some jobs that feel like a piece of meat, Jon Jones is far from being one of them."

Ouch.

White reiterated that he and "Bones" will indeed have a sit down next week when the two are in Toronto ahead of Jones' title fight against Vitor Belfort at UFC 152:

Quote :
"It's gonna happen in eight days. I'm going to Toronto, he's going to be in Toronto, were going to going to go into a room, were going to sit down, and you know, figure this thing out one way or another."

The anticipation is growing.

White went on to say that, at the end of the day, Jones isn't a "bad kid" despite their recent problems:
Quote :

"To be honest with you, the kid's 23-years old, he's got a ton of money, fame and all of this stuff has come at him so fast, you know? He's gonna make some mistakes and that was definitely a huge mistake. Not only was I upset, but the entire UFC roster of fighters went after him and really ripped him apart and attacked him, too. He made some mistakes, we'll sit down, I mean. He's not a bad guy. He's not a bad kid, I've had a great relationship with him up until this happened. So, he and I will sit down and figure this thing out."

Technically, the UFC didn't purchase the $190,000 2012 Bentley Continental GT luxury car for the 205-pound kingpin, so-to-speak. Jones stated he purchased the vehicle himself after he defeated Quinton Jackson at UFC 135. The UFC did, however, give Jon a $75,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus and paid him $140,000 fight night salary for services rendered at the event.

That's right around $215,000 for you math geniuses.

It's safe to assume White meant that had it not been for Zuffa, Jones wouldn't be in the position to afford the vehicle. Nevertheless, White doesn't appreciate one of his highest paid athletes going on record saying he feels like he's treated like some sort of beef product.

Since then, the Bentley has been totaled following Jon's DUI arrest after crashing into a pole in New York, earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm

And who made that DUI thing go away as fast as possible for the piece of meat?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Ludo wrote:
And who made that DUI thing go away as fast as possible for the piece of meat?
I forget, before Nike came along. Who was it that was sponsoring Bones? Must have been a different UFC...
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 pm

And there he goes again, someone please shut him up, the 23 year old excuse is getting old, man up and stop hiding behind I'm young, and I feel like a piece of meat so you can try to get people to fill sorry for you, why doesn't he just say like he felt like Dana was his owner as well, that would get some more sympathy, dude you are a world class fighter, maybe the best ever if you keep your head on straight, but you have so much to learn about life and what it means to be man with character
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Don't get Me wrong I don't typically agree with Dana on almost anything. But Jones trying to play the "woe is me" card when he's easily the fastest rising fighting in the history of the sport is ridiculous. If not for the UFC giving him his shot he'd still be making Urijah Faber money instead of Anderson Silva money. Being the only fighter ever sponsored by the UFC enroute to a Nike sponsorship, a new bentley, a DUI charge that all the right people didn't harp on and getting his title shot when Rashad blew his knee out and this is the guy who feels used by his employer when he fucked everyone over? Get the fuck outta here!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am

Jones is on first take right now, saying it would have been a bad business decision to take on Sonnen, but he wasn't worried about him as a fighter... LOL, dude is a fucking idiot and Stephen A is gurgling his nuts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Jones is on first take right now, saying it would have been a bad business decision to take on Sonnen, but he wasn't worried about him as a fighter... LOL, dude is a fucking idiot and Stephen A is gurgling his nuts

The only way it could be a bad business decision is if they were worried about losing so obviously they were worried about Sonnen.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Now he's poking fun of Dana on sportsnation... Yikes
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:25 am

cascade_run wrote:
And there he goes again, someone please shut him up, the 23 year old excuse is getting old, man up and stop hiding behind I'm young, and I feel like a piece of meat so you can try to get people to fill sorry for you, why doesn't he just say like he felt like Dana was his owner as well, that would get some more sympathy, dude you are a world class fighter, maybe the best ever if you keep your head on straight, but you have so much to learn about life and what it means to be man with character

It was Dana who used the "he's young line." If Bones starts taking the blame for Dana's lines, then he's in real trouble.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:33 am

Quote :

"I don't regret the decision," Jones said Tuesday on "SportsCenter." "I pretty much had everything to lose in that situation. Chael Sonnen is a guy whose record is, I think, 6-5, which isn't a very good record to even fight for a world title.

"I just thought it would be a bad decision to give a guy the opportunity of a lifetime like that."

"It all seemed too suspicious that he was calling me out way before I had a clue my opponent was hurt," Jones said. "People don't realize Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson are actually best friends.

"Chael Sonnen knew his teammate was hurt, he obviously knew his teammate his was hurt. He had prepared up to three weeks for me. That would give me eight days, when he had three weeks."
doooooooooooosh
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:37 am

OU wrote:
Quote :

"I don't regret the decision," Jones said Tuesday on "SportsCenter." "I pretty much had everything to lose in that situation. Chael Sonnen is a guy whose record is, I think, 6-5, which isn't a very good record to even fight for a world title.

"I just thought it would be a bad decision to give a guy the opportunity of a lifetime like that."

"It all seemed too suspicious that he was calling me out way before I had a clue my opponent was hurt," Jones said. "People don't realize Chael Sonnen and Dan Henderson are actually best friends.

"Chael Sonnen knew his teammate was hurt, he obviously knew his teammate his was hurt. He had prepared up to three weeks for me. That would give me eight days, when he had three weeks."
doooooooooooosh

I dunno, I think he's right in thinking Chael would be benefitting from some insider trading(but you know Jackson laid out this rationale).

Still should have took the fight though. It's a walk in the park. And his rep did not need this.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/19/3357018/ufc-152-jon-jones-autograph-mma
Quote :
"Anything I won't sign? Women's body parts. My old lady at home probably won't appreciate that one so I try to refrain from that. The craziest thing I've signed? I think I signed someone's forehead once. I think that would have to be the craziest, for sure. I hope they [washed it off], but who knows."
Dana rips Bones for recent comments 3pkyyo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/19/3357018/ufc-152-jon-jones-autograph-mma
Quote :
"Anything I won't sign? Women's body parts. My old lady at home probably won't appreciate that one so I try to refrain from that. The craziest thing I've signed? I think I signed someone's forehead once. I think that would have to be the craziest, for sure. I hope they [washed it off], but who knows."
Dana rips Bones for recent comments 3pkyyo

lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 am

Quote :
"I'm just gonna tell him I forgive him. I have a general intention of what I want to happen and basically it's gonna be based around forgiveness. I'm not expecting him to apologize but I'm moving forward. Dana spoke his mind and ultimately he can't take back what happened and I can't take back what happened. I don't think he wants to and I don't want to. We're just gona be men. We're going to keep this great journey going. We're both ambassadors for the UFC. Us not being on the same page, like I said on SportsCenter, it makes no sense for MMA fans and MMA nation. I want to do great things. Not being known to him as a troublemaker to him will be beneficial for both of us."
Dana rips Bones for recent comments 35k2zv
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Trying to lighten the blow for when they meet up... Fuck u Jon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana rips Bones for recent comments   Dana rips Bones for recent comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana rips Bones for recent comments
Page 1 of 1