Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aldo still wants to fight Frankie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  Empty
PostSubject: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/13/3322054/jose-aldo-injured-ufc-153-frankie-edgar
Quote :
"It's been almost 10 days since Aldo's motorcycle accident and he has improved greatly. His injuries had already healed almost completely, but his right foot was very swollen. Today, during his first sparring workout, he couldn't plant his right foot because of the pain. Because of his and our overwhelming desire that this fight against Edgar would happen, we tried to push it a bit, but we talked after practice and saw that he wasn't able to train for the fight. We would like the fight [to be] postponed but the opponent kept."
Quote :

"I apologize to my fans for not being able to fight at UFC 153, something I really wanted. It was a huge thrill to defend this belt at the last event in the city, and it would be even more wonderful to do it again now, against an opponent like Frankie Edgar. I tried everything until the last second to be inside the Octagon, but it didn't happen. Hopefully the UFC keeps the opponent and postpones this meeting, because I really want to face him."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 am

Hopefully they add it to one of the later cards. Would be cool if they could be ready by 154 in Canada. Stack that card. Adding this fight to that card would take it from pretty good to great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:56 pm

156 ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

Ali wrote:
156 ?
Man I hope not. That is over 4 months away. 155 at the very, very latest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:04 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

155 is stacked already and I doubt they'd use this fight to headline the Australia card (sorry Freak.)

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

155 is stacked already and I doubt they'd use this fight to headline the Australia card (sorry Freak.)

I seriously doubt they will wait until 2013 to make this fight. That would be bullshit. Stack a card, you won't have to worry about it being cancelled. Waiting for 156 is a horrible idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

I seriously doubt they will wait until 2013 to make this fight. That would be bullshit. Stack a card, you won't have to worry about it being cancelled. Waiting for 156 is a horrible idea.

You've got to leave some fights for next year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

There are plenty of fights that will be available for next year. If your top guys are ready to fight, then fight hem. It would be extremely lame to hold them out because you don't want to over stack your cards. I'll be pissed if they pull that kind of shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:22 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

There are plenty of fights that will be available for next year. If your top guys are ready to fight, then fight hem. It would be extremely lame to hold them out because you don't want to over stack your cards. I'll be pissed if they pull that kind of shit.

Try looking at it from a business stand point, you need good headliners to sell PPV's and Aldo vs. Frankie is eaxactly that, a fight which will draw interest from the fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
156 ?

Try looking at it from a business stand point, you need good headliners to sell PPV's and Aldo vs. Frankie is eaxactly that, a fight which will draw interest from the fans.
You know I really hate you sometimes. You can get on my nerves with no effort at all. I think holding that fight off is extremely moronic. With all these injuries going down, the last thing the UFC should worry about is over stacking a card. Also there are a TON of high profile fighters out there right now ready to go. They have plenty of talent, they don't need to hold back. Both Nick and Reem should be available early next year. I'm sure the Vitor-Jones winner will be ready to go by early next year, Hendo could be there waiting. Tons of options out there for the UFC. No need at all to hold off on Aldo-Frankie. None.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I am just trying to be realistic. Of course I'd love to see Aldo vs. Frankie happen ASAP but with the stacked cards we have coming up I am just trying to point out that there is a possibility that the fight could get held back for early next year.

Aldo vs. Frankie is PPV material it will headline a card or at least be a co-main event. You could maybe squeeze it into 154 but that will depend on Aldo's recovery rate. 155 is stacked I'd be surprised if it landed there but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Ali wrote:
I am just trying to be realistic. Of course I'd love to see Aldo vs. Frankie happen ASAP but with the stacked cards we have coming up I am just trying to point out that there is a possibility that the fight could get held back for early next year.

Aldo vs. Frankie is PPV material it will headline a card or at least be a co-main event. You could maybe squeeze it into 154 but that will depend on Aldo's recovery rate. 155 is stacked I'd be surprised if it landed there but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.
Well the cards at the end of the year aren't that stacked, not yet. It seems like exactly the kind of fight they would want to add to the end of the year card. But even that GSP comeback card isn't a stacked card. Aldo isn't a major draw yet, neither is Frankie. That card would be great if they could get Frankie vs Aldo on that card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:36 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30625/aldo-vs-edgar-still-in-ufc-plans-outlawing-motorcycle-usage-not-necessarily-a-priority.mma
Quote :
"Frankie stepped up and took that fight," White said. "Aldo, from what we're hearing, doesn't look like he'll be out that long, so we'll redo it.

"Frankie Edgar jumps in to camp and starts spending money again. Camp costs money. These things aren't free. You don't just go to the gym and everything is free. He's got to put some time and effort into it, start calling in sparring partners and trying to find people. He was well into that when Aldo got hurt, so we're going to give it to him."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Great news, since Frankie is staying in camp and Aldo won't be out long. Hopefully the book it soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Adding it to 154 would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Ali wrote:
Adding it to 154 would be ideal.
I agree, it's a neutral site. Dana said he hopes this fight will happen this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldo still wants to fight Frankie    Aldo still wants to fight Frankie  Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldo still wants to fight Frankie
Page 1 of 1