Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie Empty
PostSubject: Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie   Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:23 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/6/3296514/ufc-jose-aldo-champion-ricardo-lamas-frankie-edgar-erik-koch-injury

Quote :
"They [UFC] had called me first on Thursday," Lamas stated. "They had called me up at about 3:30 p.m. Central time and said, 'Obviously Koch is injured and we need to know tonight if you want to take this fight with Aldo? We think you deserve it and we need to redo your contract. We need to get it all done by tonight.'"

'We said 'Yes, yes, yes,'" Lamas stated. "We got my contract figured out and was just waiting on a bout agreement. Then they [the UFC] called at 9 p.m. Central and said they decided to in a different direction with the fight and that's when they decided to go with Frankie."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie   Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 pm

That could have been an interesting fight, I'm sure he won't have to wait to long to get a crack at the winner. Looks like he boosted his $ anyways.
Back to top Go down

Ricardo Lamas accepted Aldo fight before UFC switched to Frankie
Page 1 of 1