Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Bisping beats Stann

Go down 
+4
timthebim
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

If Bisping beats Stann Empty
PostSubject: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 pm

I want him to fight.... HENDO at a 195 catchweight.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:13 am

If Bisping beats Stann, and the fight is not a total stinker, I think Silva at best and Weidman at worst is his next fight. If the fight is terrible and gets bood and such and Bisping manages to win, I think he would get Weidman at best or a fight, any fight, that would piss him off instead. I prefer he fight Hendo, anytime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 am

Bisping v Weidman would be fun too, but Weidman needs to fight Silva next. Especially with Belfort going to 205 temporarily.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:56 am

I think Bisping gets a title shot if he beats Stann.

I think UFC views Weidman as a fight away from a marketing standpoint. Weidman won his big fight on Fuel that was watched by just about nobody. I think UFC and Anderson wants to fight Bisping because there is more money to be made with that fight and Bisping does not have much prime left. Anderson has been pushing for a Bisping fight for awhile and it was obvious the UFC wanted to give Bisping the easy road until they needed a marketable matchup on short notice for Sonnen.

Bisping on the other hand is already well known and will do his end hyping the fight. He has the striking, strength, and grappling ability to be an interesting matchup. Most importantly, Bisping's window is closing. He's already gone on some decent winning streaks only to be set back 3 times at MW. I think UFC has not committed to Weidman as the number 1 contender because they are waiting to see how Bispings fight pans out. I think Bisping got next if he looks really good vs. Stann. If he wins in a lackluster fashion, i can see Weidman getting the shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:00 am

Ain't going to happen Bisping wants a shot at the MW title.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:16 am

Ali wrote:

Stann presents a problem for Bisping. He's got power in his hands and is a big strong guy who won't be taken down if Bisping gets in trouble standing. Both Hendo and Wand have wins over Bisping and I could see Stann winning as well with his power. However I'll give Wand and Hendo the edge over Stann in technical striking which Bisping is very strong at. Bisping could very well stay outside and bitter patter his was to a decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:20 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Stann presents a problem for Bisping. He's got power in his hands and is a big strong guy who won't be taken down if Bisping gets in trouble standing. Both Hendo and Wand have wins over Bisping and I could see Stann winning as well with his power. However I'll give Wand and Hendo the edge over Stann in technical striking which Bisping is very strong at. Bisping could very well stay outside and bitter patter his was to a decision.

I agree Stann's power is going to be a huge issue for Bisping to deal with, he's going to need to close the distance fast and maul Brian up against the cage with his dirty boxing.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 pm

I expect the fight to be very close but for Bisping to find a way to get it down.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 pm

I think there is a pretty good chance Stann KOs Bisping. If that happens I think Stann and Weidman should fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree Stann's power is going to be a huge issue for Bisping to deal with, he's going to need to close the distance fast and maul Brian up against the cage with his dirty boxing.

Disagree. He needs to keep his stance and work the outside. Get a shot or 2 off and get out of the way. Don't get in a war and don't let Stann control the action.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

yeah Farmer has it right. Bisping's best chance is to use space and technique.

Getting in tight allows Stann to use his strength.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Only way Bisping wins this is if he keeps taking Stann down.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:34 pm

I disagree...he can(and i think will) outstrike Brian Stann. Stann is a power guy not some technical striking guru. Bisping just has to make sure he does not circle into anything brutal. Other than that, i think he has the edge standing vs. Stann. He's more technical and dynamic on the feet and he moves better. The fact he'll have a grappling edge and will mix it up is just an added bonus to an already existing edge on the feet. Stann can end Bisping in one shot, Bisping can't end Stann with a punch but other than that i fully like Bisping here.

I'm surprised so many are favoring Stann. The guy really isnt anything special. He seems like a class act and he's solid, but he's a notch below Bisping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

You are right that Bisping can out work Stann. I just think that Bisping can't avoid Stann's power for 3 rounds straight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

I see their fight going down a lot like this:

If Bisping beats Stann 211ugdz
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 am

Weidman says he wants the winner of this fight. Since the Spider don't want none.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:27 am

If Bisping beats Stann 13z8w1h
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Quote :
"A stupid mistake aside, I mince Brian Stann's arse like burger meat nine times out of 10. I've not seen too much evolution in his game. He's the same guy, someone who will always be dangerous but isn't a top talent in the division and never will be. Stann has talked big about how he's going to put me to sleep. Well, that's a fact. I can't avoid it. None of us can. Brian is going to tell some more deathly boring old war stories at the pre-fight press conference, and we are all going to be in for a snooze. I was kicking arse in the UFC when Stann was peeling potatoes, shining shoes and getting called a 'maggot' by some red-faced sergeant in the Marines. This isn't warfare, this is MMA, and I'm better at it than Brian Stann will ever be. On September 22, Brian Stann is getting knocked out - fast. He won't last as long as a virgin on prom night."
-Michael Bisping

Another dumb ass douchey quote from The Count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:06 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
"A stupid mistake aside, I mince Brian Stann's arse like burger meat nine times out of 10. I've not seen too much evolution in his game. He's the same guy, someone who will always be dangerous but isn't a top talent in the division and never will be. Stann has talked big about how he's going to put me to sleep. Well, that's a fact. I can't avoid it. None of us can. Brian is going to tell some more deathly boring old war stories at the pre-fight press conference, and we are all going to be in for a snooze. I was kicking arse in the UFC when Stann was peeling potatoes, shining shoes and getting called a 'maggot' by some red-faced sergeant in the Marines. This isn't warfare, this is MMA, and I'm better at it than Brian Stann will ever be. On September 22, Brian Stann is getting knocked out - fast. He won't last as long as a virgin on prom night."
-Michael Bisping

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 pm

OU wrote:
Quote :
-Michael Bisping

What a douche. I'm sure Bisping was whining on TUF about how rough it was to live in the house while Stann was earning his Silver Star.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Again with the douchness.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30638/bisping-weidman-undeserving-of-no-1-status-after-beating-an-out-of-shape-fat-man.mma
Quote :
"Weidman has got an undefeated streak going, and Dana is the president of the company, so far be it from me to disagree and tell him he's not the No. 1 contender," Bisping told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's his company, but I don't think so. Weidman has a good streak going, and he's got a lot of hype around him at the moment, but I never rated Mark Munoz in the first place."

"He knocked out a fat Mark Munoz, who was out of shape and coming back off a long layoff because of injury," Bipsing said. "Not that impressive if you ask me. In fact, before that it was Demian Maia – and again, it wasn't impressive. Demian Maia looked terrible in that fight, but so did Chris Weidman. 'Oh, he cut this amount of weight.' Well that's his [expletive] problem. That's not an excuse, is it? You looked [expletive], plain and simple.

"He elbowed a fat Mark Munoz and now he's the great white hype? Just because he elbowed an out-of-shape fat man? Yeah, he's got a streak, and that all counts – undefeated, et cetera – so I suppose you can see the logic, but I disagree."

"You could look at the skills and say I could box his [expletive] head off, as well," Bisping said. "I've certainly got better wrestling than he's got boxing.

"Just because he landed one elbow on an amateur? I've trained with professional boxers, and trust me, I more than hold my own. I could have a career in professional boxing, no problem, professional kickboxing – [expletive] it, if I wanted to be a professional wrestler, I could be a wrestler, as well."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Actually some truth though in that one on Weidman. His hype isn't huge, but it's a bit beyond reality at the same time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:28 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Actually some truth though in that one on Weidman. His hype isn't huge, but it's a bit beyond reality at the same time.
Awww geeeeeezzzz, The new Rodney Dangerfield of MMA, Chris Weidman.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 pm

OU wrote:
Again with the douchness.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30638/bisping-weidman-undeserving-of-no-1-status-after-beating-an-out-of-shape-fat-man.mma
Quote :
"Weidman has got an undefeated streak going, and Dana is the president of the company, so far be it from me to disagree and tell him he's not the No. 1 contender," Bisping told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's his company, but I don't think so. Weidman has a good streak going, and he's got a lot of hype around him at the moment, but I never rated Mark Munoz in the first place."

"He knocked out a fat Mark Munoz, who was out of shape and coming back off a long layoff because of injury," Bipsing said. "Not that impressive if you ask me. In fact, before that it was Demian Maia – and again, it wasn't impressive. Demian Maia looked terrible in that fight, but so did Chris Weidman. 'Oh, he cut this amount of weight.' Well that's his [expletive] problem. That's not an excuse, is it? You looked [expletive], plain and simple.

"He elbowed a fat Mark Munoz and now he's the great white hype? Just because he elbowed an out-of-shape fat man? Yeah, he's got a streak, and that all counts – undefeated, et cetera – so I suppose you can see the logic, but I disagree."

"You could look at the skills and say I could box his [expletive] head off, as well," Bisping said. "I've certainly got better wrestling than he's got boxing.

"Just because he landed one elbow on an amateur? I've trained with professional boxers, and trust me, I more than hold my own. I could have a career in professional boxing, no problem, professional kickboxing – [expletive] it, if I wanted to be a professional wrestler, I could be a wrestler, as well."

Bisping doing his best impression of GSP. I em not empressed with your prayformance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Bisping beats Stann   If Bisping beats Stann Empty

Back to top Go down

If Bisping beats Stann
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next