Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson Silva is a liar

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Anderson Silva is a liar Empty
PostSubject: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/30/3278900/anderson-silva-refused-finish-thales-leites-at-ufc-97-friends-
Despite many incredible performances, he had always lacked the drawing power of other UFC champs. Since then, Silva has turned the corner with fans with incredible performances against Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort and Yushin Okami. However, many veteran fans still hold his lackluster fights against Patrick Cote, Thales Leites, and Demian Maia against him.

Those performances led Tatame to ask Anderson Silva if he'd ever intentionally lengthen a fight:

Quote :
There’s no such thing as holding back. I want to finish as soon as possible. The only time I did it was because he was a friend of mine. It was against Thales Leites. We went until the last round because he’s a friend of mine and I respect him

In the 3 years since their fight, neither Silva nor Leites have mentioned this supposed friendship

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/31/3281221/thales-leites-anderson-silva-were-never-friends-ufc-nova-uniao
Quote :
"First of all, I would like to say Anderson has never been or went to Nova Uniao. I have never seen him around, we were never friends, only professional colleagues. No doubt, he is a great fighter. If he says he was easy on me because he considers me to be his ‘friend,' I don't agree. The fight was not finished because neither of us could do it. People criticized me a lot after the fight with Anderson, I really should have done more and gone for it, but the guys who came after me did not do things much different. The ones who tried to stand-up with him got exposed and were knocked out, and the one who used the game plan of taking him down was defeated on the judges' decision, like me. I think it's funny a champion that always talks about respecting each other and martial arts would say something like that. I am a fighter, and I respect everyone. I know what a fighter goes through to get there. We all have good and bad moments in our career. It's just a big rollercoaster with ups and downs. But, we have got to stay humble and stay quiet about subjects that do not add anything. There is no superman, we are all human beings."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

How do you know Thales Leites isn't the liar?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

freakzilla wrote:
How do you know Thales Leites isn't the liar?
Safe assumption.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:52 am

Anderson Silva is a liar OHpce
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Maybe Thales was insulted that Anderson suggested he went easy on him when it was really Thales wouldnt engage and Anderson was afraid to go to the ground with him. Anderson would not have been able to finish that shit fight if he tried.

I also don't think Anderson is lying. He obviously makes friends very easily. He did some training sessions with Belfort and was incredibly insulted and betrayed when Belfort took his title shot. Same with Mark Munoz who said he would fight Anderson followed by Anderson saying "I thought Mark and I were friends, but that OK". I'm sure Anderson and Thales were aquainted enough for Anderson to think they were friends.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 am

Who cares? The fight was forever ago and Anderson still dominated.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:19 am

LOL ANDERSON SILVA IS A FAGGOT!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 am

josh200612 wrote:
LOL ANDERSON SILVA IS A FAGGOT!

Middle Finger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson Silva is a liar   Anderson Silva is a liar Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson Silva is a liar
Page 1 of 1