Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight Empty
PostSubject: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:50 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/27/3271527/shogun-rua-ufc-152-jon-jones-machida-belfort-ufc-quotes
Quote :
"We were in Sao Paulo and my phone rang about midnight. It was Lorenzo's (Lorenzo Fertitta is a partner in the UFC). Lorenzo was on another call, so I talked to him like half hour later. He offered me a rematch against Jon Jones because Lyoto had declined it and asked me to give him an answer in ten minutes. I hung up and Mauricio was there with me. We talked and called Dida in Curitiba and we got to a conclusion we should accept the rematch, but only if Shogun had a couple of months to train and it would mean a fight later in October or in November. I said that to Lorenzo but he said there was no time because Jon Jones's fight is on September 22nd. Unfortunately, he couldn't give us this time but he understood.

"Mauricio accepted at the time the new fight against Jon Jones. The ideal is a three-month camp but he said yes to a two-month camp fight. He wants to fight Jon Jones and it sucks it won't happen now. But Mauricio's shot will come."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Said last week that I wish we had more info on why Shogun turned down the fight. I don't see anything there about not being healthy enough. I understand wanting time to prepare for a fight with Jones. But still kind of disappointing that is the reason. He could have stepped up. But I won't hold it against him too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 pm

So Farmer is Shogun also a chicken shit ?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:40 pm

In the end, I think the decisions form both Machida and Rua sets up Shogun beats Machida III this fall/winter. Or rather should. Let Gus fight Nedkov or Glover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
In the end, I think the decisions form both Machida and Rua sets up Shogun beats Machida III this fall/winter.
I agree. I almost posted earlier this morning that the rematch is exactly the fight both deserve right now. Unless Machida wants to go ahead and make that drop to MW. Because Dan should still be next in line for Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Machida vs. Shogun III is bound to happen at some point, the way things are going though I expect Lyoto to be victorious.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Ali wrote:
So Farmer is Shogun also a chicken shit ?

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight   Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun explains why he turned down Bones fight
Page 1 of 1