Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? Empty
PostSubject: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Quote :
As previously reported, Manny Pacquiao’s planned November 10 fight at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena is off.

Although Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who flew to the Philippines and met with Pacquiao in his hometown of General Santos City earlier this month, was confident the fight would definitely take place on November 10, Pacquiao has apparently had a change of heart and doesn’t want to fight on that date.

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz who is in the United States told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that he met with Arum in New York last Sunday and informed him that Pacquiao is prepared to fight on December 1 but that he hasn’t decided as yet on who his opponent will be or where the fight will be held.

Koncz indicated that the reason for the change of date was due to a conflict with the Congressman’s personal affairs which the adviser did not specify.

Koncz said “there is no hurry. I will talk to Manny in the next couple of days and discuss the options” which remain the same – a rematch with Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley who won a hugely controversial split decision to grab Pacquiao’s WBO welterweight title, Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez who continues to claim he was robbed by the judges in their first three previous fights and wants a fourth battle with Pacquiao, and super welterweight Miguel Cotto who lost by a 12th round TKO to Pacquiao at the catch-weight of 145 pounds.

However, there has been a swirl of rumors that Pacquiao and some of his team members have been pushing him to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. and nobody else, because a loss in a rematch with Bradley or a fourth fight with Marquez would ruin his chances of making big money in a Mayweather fight.

With Mayweather released from prison ahead of time because of good behavior, a December 1 date would give the undefeated fighter enough time to recover from his prison ordeal and prepare for a Pacquiao showdown.

Well known Australian promoter Peter Maniatis who was recently in Manila believes the best option for Pacquiao right now is to face Mayweather and not risk fighting Marquez which he said “is a dangerous fight” or even Bradley whose confidence has grown and “is a younger fighter who can only get better in a rematch.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiaos-12-1-demand-move-land-mayweather--56287

I won't hold my breath but frankly there is no reason not to make the Mayweather fight now, but of course I am sure Bob Arum will come up with some new bs.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:55 pm

god i hope so
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Damn I wish they would make the fight already.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 pm

been waiting since 2009

I have given up all hope
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:14 am

arum said it was still the same opponents under consideration but i can't see mayweather being ready for december anyway. he's got a whole month of acting like a dick in public to catch up on before he even thinks of going into camp.

maybe they get it on next summer if we're lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:39 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
arum said it was still the same opponents under consideration but i can't see mayweather being ready for december anyway. he's got a whole month of acting like a dick in public to catch up on before he even thinks of going into camp.

maybe they get it on next summer if we're lucky.

Of course it's the same three opponents that nobody wants to watch Pac fight again, Bob Arum's too much of an asshole to go outside his own stable and cater to the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:12 am

Let him fight Tim Bradley and destroy him and then MAYBE Floyd? Fuck it Im with Bird I give up on this fight ever happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?   Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pac moves date to December could we finally get THE fight we've been waiting for ?
Page 1 of 1