Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use Empty
PostSubject: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 am

This is fucking weird, apparently while he was going through the hush hush appeals process, he hired people to make a fake web site and claim a substance had been recently causing testosterone levels to rise. MLB busted him quick and it has leaked to the press.

The scheme began unfolding in July as Cabrera and his representatives scrambled to explain a spike in the former Yankee's testosterone levels. Cabrera associate Juan Nunez, described by the player's agents, Seth and Sam Levinson, as a "paid consultant" of their firm but not an "employee," is alleged to have paid $10,000 to acquire the phony website. The idea, apparently, was to lay a trail of digital breadcrumbs suggesting Cabrera had ordered a supplement that ended up causing the positive test, and to rely on a clause in the collectively bargained drug program that allows a player who has tested positive to attempt to prove he ingested a banned substance through no fault of his own.
"There was a product they said caused this positive," one source familiar with the case said of Cabrera's scheme. "Baseball figured out the ruse pretty quickly."

unez told the Daily News that he was "accepting responsibility" for the website and Cabrera's agents are trying to distance themselves from the plan. But it's hard to believe Nunez was the lone web surfer since the newspaper also reports that the website was part of Cabrera's formal explanation to MLB and the player's union.
The website ruse has reportedly brought the case more attention from the MLB's investigative unit and also an agent from the Food and Drug Administration. It's hard to imagine, though, Cabrera being bruised any further. Not only did his regular season disappear on Wednesday, but now whatever credit he got for being contrite on that day is also gone. He's gone from being a borderline MVP candidate to being nothing more than a punch line, the Stephen Glass or Jonah Lehrer of baseball.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/report-melky-cabrera-used-fake-website-create-explanation-135323610--mlb.html
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:34 am

Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use Never-Go-Full-Retard
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

lol, man he looks like a fucking tool after his All Star game speech about the lord and hard work........and a shit ton of steroids......and a fake website.....
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:10 pm

haters gonna hate
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

but to be serious, definitely disappointed in Melky Cabrera. You would have to live in Northern California to know just how big of a deal he was to San Francisco baseball fans this year. How important he was to the team goes without saying, but most of all, the guy is loved and was an awesome story. He had his own segment of fans in the ball park called the Melk Men and Melk Maids that would dress up in old school milk man uniforms. Thats the biggest drag of it all..how it's a let down for the fans and a turd on a good story.

Also, the fact that it seems his camp was trying to cover their ass after a refreshing statement. Melky really saved a lot of face with his original statement becase players always play the "i was eating breakfast and was given a protein shake" or some bullshit...but then this.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

It's pretty funny. I'm not a big baseball fan so I don't care if it hurts SF really, though I like to root local at least in the post-season.

But I laughed. It's like a bad comedy sitcom episode or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
but to be serious, definitely disappointed in Melky Cabrera. You would have to live in Northern California to know just how big of a deal he was to San Francisco baseball fans this year. How important he was to the team goes without saying, but most of all, the guy is loved and was an awesome story. He had his own segment of fans in the ball park called the Melk Men and Melk Maids that would dress up in old school milk man uniforms. Thats the biggest drag of it all..how it's a let down for the fans and a turd on a good story.

Also, the fact that it seems his camp was trying to cover their ass after a refreshing statement. Melky really saved a lot of face with his original statement becase players always play the "i was eating breakfast and was given a protein shake" or some bullshit...but then this.

dude get this, this is what makes this so special, apparently Melky and his friend Juan Nunez concocted the whole ting, had the idea, went through with it, then made a presentation to MLB and got figured out in about half a minute lol.

Apparently he paid 10 grand to make the website, I would pay 10 grand to see his presentation lol.
The reason he made his bullshit statement was because he thought that his cover story (made up substance on fake purchased web site) would hold water.

Remember he said, I took a substance that I shouldn't have. His whole plan was to trick MLB with that "substance".
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:32 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
It's pretty funny. I'm not a big baseball fan so I don't care if it hurts SF really, though I like to root local at least in the post-season.

its some shit George Castanza would have done lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:04 am

Birdofthad wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

its some shit George Castanza would have done lol

Bud Selig during the presentation

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 am

Juan Nunez has been banned from MLB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use   Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use Empty

Back to top Go down

Melky Cabrera Attempted to Make Fake Website to Cover Up Steroid Use
Page 1 of 1